How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2009
old-fashioned

seems like this georgia may jagger really is the "it girl" of the moment, no? i think she's pretty and more modelesque than pixie, daisy lowe and the likes, but i'll need to see more of her to decide whether she's a good model or just a lara lookalike...
and sorrenti's ed looks very vogue paris... i think i'll like it a lot, he's been doing some great work with eniko lately.

06-08-2009
V.I.P.

^ Agree

06-08-2009
trendsetter

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Eniko's editorial! Classic Sorrenti! Eniko is quickly becoming the sultry, sexy go-to girl, giving Lara a run for her money. I agree that the edit looks like something that came out of or should be in Vogue Paris. It sort of looks out of place with VI's aesthetic. Regardless, though, it's a glorious spread. Each shot is titillatingly erotic in Sorrenti's signature style.

And, of course, I am very happy to see Georgia May Jagger in this issue. I fell in love with her when I saw her gorgeous face in VR some time back. I'm so glad she has been getting work recently, and high profile work at that! Hopefully her modeling career holds up and she stays awhile, unlike the other It-Girls who all inevitably fade.

This issue is shaping up to be one of the best VI's in as long as I can remember. I may just have to buy it, which would break my VP-only rule !

Last edited by vavavinny; 06-08-2009 at 12:24 PM.
06-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
And, of course, I am very happy to see Georgia May Jagger in this issue. I fell in love with her when I saw her gorgeous face in VR some time back. I'm so glad she has been getting work recently, and high profile work at that! Hopefully her modeling career holds up and she stays awhile, unlike the other It-Girls who all inevitably fade.
We are on the same view. I agreed with your opinion about Georgia in the latest VP thread, and now again.
Her expression is soft, sophisticated and a bit girlish. So i can't agree with the comments that she's just a Lara lookalike. They are similar, but far from the same.

Eniko looks gorgeous as always. Her poses reminds me the mix of VogueNippon Nov. 2008 and MaxMara f/w.

Last edited by user.n.; 06-08-2009 at 12:42 PM.
06-08-2009
trendsetter

^Thank you ! I agree with your description of Georgia May. Yes, she does hold a close resemblance to Lara, but I think they are two very, very different personalities. Georgia May is much more girlish, like you say, and innocent. She is not overtly sexy. Much more soft. Lara can be soft too, but she always has a bit of sultriness, no matter what. I get a lot more of a youthful fairness from Georgia May.

clever ain't wise

This looks like a great issue overall....Eniko and Georgia May, in addition to the fantastic cover story is enough to make me buy it

06-08-2009
fashion insider

Georgia <3 . Probably the most exacting thing about this issue. Cannot wait for the HQs.

06-08-2009
scenester

OMGOMG!
I love Linda's ed so much!
So great, so beautiful.....

trendsetter

Quote:
the only good photo is of her sitting on a street among broken milk bottles and 2 kats around her! Miles is a great photographer, but I am missing something here.
this sounds like Siri "cat lady" ed

06-08-2009
V.I.P.

Rado can you upload the photos on your website? linda.radolgc.com
thank´s !!

06-08-2009
backstage pass

Larger Cover:

larissabelkis.wordpress

V.I.P.

The future is stupid

I agree w/everything Luxx said earlier. Boring & irrelevant! As for Georgia May Jagger... I wish her the best but she neither looks like nor reminds me of Lara Stone in any way.

07-08-2009
V.I.P.

I am not feeling this cover

07-08-2009
V.I.P.

^Me neither. I will probably appreciate it more in a couple of months or maybe even a year.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, august, evangelista, italia, linda, meisel, steven, vogue