How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2012
front row

Vogue Italia August 2012 : Jamie Bochert by Steven Meisel

vogue.it

30-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Skin-flair. When essentiality is the strong point of a style, skin cannot be any less so. And if one wishes to assure its perfection, Siero Lifting Ultra-Rigenerante is the best ally. Thanks to its super light texture, it is the ideal formula to apply also during the hottest months of the year; the mix of phitocomplexes and the exclusive tensor system guarantee the relaxation of traces and the attenuation of signs of tiredness.To even out and further illuminate the face, the routine foresees the application of Magica BB, medio chiara, cream-light that exalts every complexion. All by Collistar.

Leather trench coat, Ralph Lauren Collection. Necklace Quarry; gloves Sermoneta Gloves; ring Husam El Odeh; quilted leather “Boy” bag with chain shoulder strap, Chanel; leather and brocade booties, Lanvin. Hair Jimmy Paul for Bumble and Bumble. Make-up Pat McGrath. Fashion editor Karl Templer. Set design by Mary Howard.

This month’s issue of Vogue Italia will be on newsstands on August 2 in Milan and shortly after in the rest of Italy.
vogue.it

fashion elite

Theres something really intriguint about this image.
Its really interesting this choice for the cover. Im not Jamies bigest fan but she looks really nice in here.
Meisel had an incredible detail work for this shot, it looks really simple but tis actualy really complex.
Im looking forward to see more.

30-07-2012
you soft and only

Well, I guess last month's cover was a fluke after all.

30-07-2012
V.I.P.

Jamie Bochert as a spinster with a cat and Chinese food...I had hope after last month's cover and ed but I guess Meisel is back at being mediocre again.

fashion elite

I like Jamie as a model (she was fantastic in those Lanvin ads) and I'm intrigued by this cover, this 40's noir movie style à la mode sepia héhé, the cat and the chinese food and the image cut-out layout though I don't get. I would have loved a more fashiony shot or pose but I don't hate this. Meisel keeps the magic vibrant, you never know what you're gonna get month after month and that's why he's still at the top after so many years. He's an artist "of our times" too this mystic photographer that is so inspiring to me, somehow the spirit of fashion ))

backstage pass

I actually like this, which is a big surprise as when I saw it was Jamie I groaned and then I saw the cover and it changed my mind. I like the tan colour tone a lot and her face does not look as serve as it sometimes does, it is a lot more softer. I just hope the editorial content can come up to scratch.

V.I.P.

the way they designed it looks like one of those animations people make for fandom like supernatural or something haha! so after that i don't really like the way they put that brown around the image and that text at the bottom. the image itself is okay but not really sure it is best suited for the cover. anyway this is kinda disappointing after the awesome cover from last month.

V.I.P.

disgusting cover and sorry to be mean but jamie bochert? seriously?? arghhhhhhhh

30-07-2012
fashion elite

um... interesting.

30-07-2012
front row

The cover, yes, is gorgeous, but Jamie Bochert is always complaining about how awful being a model is, and she is ugly.. But this cover is gorgeous, if I cut out her horse face.

30-07-2012
fashion elite

I don't like THIS cover, it's horrible! And what a ugly colourse and this stupid desighn

30-07-2012
V.I.P.

What is going on with Vogue Italia this year?! As usual; terrible shot, casting, styling, creative direction. Everything is just wrong. Disappointing. Theres no other word for this.

30-07-2012
V.I.P.

Its a nontraditional image for the cover, but there is nothing appealing here to me, nothing! Kudos for doing something different though.

30-07-2012
fashion icon

What an unappealing design. Image is awful. Nothing Vogue about it.
I don't even know why I open VI threads..Curiosity I guess.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, august, bochert, italia, jamie, meisel, steven, vogue