Vogue Italia August 2015 : Mariacarla Boscono by Vincent van de Wijng - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines

02-08-2015
V.I.P.

I wasn't enthusiastic about the cover, I found it lazy but the all issue is amazing! Great great great content and a big bravo for bringing new talents. Definitely going to buy this issue. But I'm still hoping to see more colors on the futur covers because this year has been sad in general.

02-08-2015
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
I don't think any of these "new" photographers are going to have Meisel, McDean and Lindberg needing to step up their game any time soon.

Vincent van de Wijing is the only one that really stands out-- amongst a group of mediocrity. And even then, I like him here only because his offering instantly reminds me of Peter Lindberg's. And that cover is awful. But I'm used to IV always trolling with a weak cover most of the time.
I would have to agree completely.

What this issue does for me is prove that Meisel is truly the greatest fashion photographer of our time. He is the only one who seems to keep fashion editorials as a form of story telling both believable and relevant. There is ALWAYS the X factor - a warmth, a vitality - in Meisel's work...even at his laziest.

While there are some nice editorials here, they all feel pretty under developed to me.

tfs star

The cover photo may be one of the most unflattering photos of Mariacarla I've ever seen. Editorial is much better.

front row

Nice try, but I'm not even impressed.

V.I.P.

yeah not fond of the cover, but it's an alright issue.

backstage pass

Even Meisel's most boring uninspired editorials are better than this tbh. I'm literally scared for the September issue, because it this one really lows the standard.

02-08-2015
backstage pass

I do like this sort of "audition" for new photographers. But I feel like a better method would be to continue to have Meisel shoot the cover story and have a few editorials by newer talent every issue. It just feels too much to have a single issue completely devoted to new photographers. Because while I do like Vincent's editorial, none of the images are exactly cover-worthy.

02-08-2015
front row

It´s August, too depressing for my taste...

02-08-2015
V.I.P.

NO! Meisel back please, this is dull.

02-08-2015
backstage pass

I don't know what I should think about the cover, in my opinion they could have done better but I really like that one picture where she is standing on the street and I am happy to see Estella Boersma and Michal Pudelka(!!).

All in all it's okay (of course much better than the China-issue-desaster), but still FAR away from Meisel, but what I like about this concept is, that the non-cover editorials seem to have improved, before they always were shadowed by Meisels ed and now all editorials are on one (higher) level, because the new photographers are bringing new life to the rest of the Magazine, but of course Meisel is the best one for the cover.

Last edited by dcmaike; 02-08-2015 at 03:21 PM.
02-08-2015
V.I.P.

wow amazing content, i love something in every editorial shame the cover does not match up

alexandra she should get her own cover

backstage pass

LOVE this issue! Great to see Alexandra Elizabeth, and Harley Weir!!!!

02-08-2015
V.I.P.

Mariacarla's cover is a little bit of a miss for me, but her editorial is gorgeous!

Overall, great issue and love all the "new" talent throughout.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianelf View Post
Even Meisel's most boring uninspired editorials are better than this tbh. I'm literally scared for the September issue, because it this one really lows the standard.
this

fashion insider

My favorite thing about this is that Maria Carla is on the cover. Has she scored any "Big Four" cover before? Aside from that I would have really enjoyed this issue had meisel shot the cover story and the rest had been devoted to the new talent. There's just no replacing Meisel. Him not contributing to VI is a huge loss for any issue.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, august, boscono, italia, mariacarla, van, vincent, vogue, wijng