How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
29-11-2011
  91
tfs star
 
afterrhours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,647
I don't think it's that "fierce" at all, her face/facial expression looks very weird.

  Reply With Quote
 
30-11-2011
  92
tailored
 
kimair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Francisco
Gender: femme
Posts: 14,522
she kinda looks like malgosia here, not the face, but the pose and attitude, which i like (as was said earlier, it has a 90s feel to it), but i'm struggling with karlie being sexy...

__________________
j'adore couture (life in fashion and in print)
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  93
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,156
To me this looks like a fashion parody. She is the female equivelent of Zoolander on this cover. Its like a bad joke.

  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  94
tfs star
 
Jelavender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK/China
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,662
something about the facial expression and bottom body shape doesn't seem right, but overall the cover works for me, maybe because of the attitude it delivers.

  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  95
V.I.P.
 
zacatecas570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Everywhere!
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale View Post
^Because she is! :p I know, I know, Gisele is Gisele and she can't be replaced, which is not what I am implying at all. But as far as model qualities, personality, star quality, charisma and beauty goes, Karlie is well on her way in becoming what Gisele was at the beginning of this century. Gisele 2.0, like I said before somewhere.
I'm 100% with you

And like always haters will hate! same people in every forum
What they want??? Tyra Banks on the cover!???

__________________
I NATASHA POLY
River Viiperi | Caroline Brasch Nielsen | Julian Schratter
Twitter: THEOTHERFASHION | Tumblr: THEOTHERFASHION
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  96
tfs star
 
_incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
I'm 100% with you

And like always haters will hate! same people in every forum
What they want??? Tyra Banks on the cover!???
What does Tyra Banks have to do with this...not to mention, I'm sure she'd photograph beautiful as evidenced by her previous work with Meisel but I digress....

I quite like the cover, her pout is a bit too "trying to be fierce," but overall it works.

__________________
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  97
V.I.P.
 
zacatecas570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Everywhere!
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,250
^ If you say so

The cover is great, do we know anything else? I guess this will be solo editorial right?

__________________
I NATASHA POLY
River Viiperi | Caroline Brasch Nielsen | Julian Schratter
Twitter: THEOTHERFASHION | Tumblr: THEOTHERFASHION
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  98
backstage pass
 
tentacules97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: femme
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
To me this looks like a fashion parody. She is the female equivelent of Zoolander on this cover. Its like a bad joke.
LOL. I'm with you

  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  99
front row
 
miniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
And like always haters will hate! same people in every forum
What they want??? Tyra Banks on the cover!???
What's up with the hate on Tyra Banks? Like you said "same people in every forum"

__________________
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  100
there is no fear
 
hfgl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NBC, Studio 6H
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,306
Oh yes, yes, yes. This is fabulous. Cannot wait to see the ediorial.

  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  101
tfs star
 
KateTheGreatest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,726
I really like the bow and I like Karlie but the cover is weird below the waist for me.

  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  102
V.I.P.
 
lady stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the temple of cats...
Gender: femme
Posts: 12,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTheGreatest View Post
I really like the bow and I like Karlie but the cover is weird below the waist for me.
agreed..her butt scares me..

__________________
Press your spaceface close to mine, love..
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  103
windowshopping
 
magnetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 10
the gym suits her, in the past year she's changed a lot though it may also be down to teh natural puppy fat loss..

  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  104
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: anywhere
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,387
^^ yes, i know... ***EDIT***
Don't take offense, it look like a horse butt
Posted via Mobile Device


Last edited by iluvjeisa; 30-11-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Weight talk
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  105
trendsetter
 
pavonine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,366
I don't believe that those who've responded negatively have done so out of pure spite, or because they hate Karlie or because they take pleasure in dissing magazines. Good covers get the credit they rightly deserve. Just nip round to Rosie's Harpers Bazaar 2012 thread; the comments are overwhelmingly positive. This, however, is a very divisive cover (and Karlie is a model who polarises opinions), certainly not the prettiest or earth-shattering, very much open to interpretation. By consciously choosing to espouse the avant garde, Vogue Italia has thrown itself open to such comments.

Hope to see the review soon.

__________________
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, december, italia, karlie, kloss, meisel, steven, vogue
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.