How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2012
fashion insider

Both people look like they possess as much charisma and appeal as a cucumber.That cover is a failed attempt at kink. I hope the eds inside are better.

01-12-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

I think it's a good cover. Maybe they over did it with the hair pulling and lascive pose but I think Vanessa looks absolutely stunning. I love the Jerry Hall inspiration. Marlon is one super sexy little f*cker but I agree that here , aside from the hair pulling, he doesn't impresses me at all. I prefer the single cover, even though the fold out with the appartment in the backgroung is intriguing. Excited to see the main ed as always.

V.I.P.

Gorgeous cover! I love Vanessa so much! She can adapt to pretty much any theme!

you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphe View Post
Both people look like they possess as much charisma and appeal as a cucumber.That cover is a failed attempt at kink. I hope the eds inside are better.
I agree. I think the only thing that would have made this cover work would have been two charismatic models. This cover is just bleh. I don't think it's BAD, it's just... there....

01-12-2012
fashion elite

It's a nice cover, I love the colors and text layout. It's just the right amount of sex appeal when it's just her picture, the bike is a nice addition (I'm personally a sucker for them), and when folded out it's a good surprise with Marlon.

I wonder how many here would react to just seeing her picture first then the fold out like a consumer who buys the issue would.

01-12-2012
fashion elite

I do agree with people who are saying this could be more charismatic, imagine if it was actually Jerry Hall on the cover with Tony Ward pulling her hair

01-12-2012
front row

^That would be wonderful, if only it were 1984. I couldn't see her on a bike now, but I get ur point.

02-12-2012
clever ain't wise

The problem with this cover is that they're both way too camera conscious. They would have had to relax these two better, I don't know what the problem was here because you rarely see that kind of "bothersome awareness" on a Meisel shoot.

The most obvious problem, is as others have alluded to, Marlon's fixation with her hair. That's not where most guys would look when they have a hot chick pressing her *** to their crotch. I'm thinking they did it because that way he could flex his biceps to the full advantage. But that kind of beef cake reasoning doesn't mesh with the Mötley Crüe set up. And the way Vanessa looks into the camera is not consistent with a fired up mud-wrestling groupie either....she's hardly in the moment....it's more like she's asking "Is this ok Mr Meisel?"

Anyway, it's a shame, because I really like the hair pulling part - it could have been really sexy.

02-12-2012
V.I.P.

Nice pun with cruise collection and cruising ... You know (gay) cruising, right ?
* check the movie Cruising with Al Pacino, you'll understand. And Marlon is very popular model among gay modelizers ... I'm sure

This cover is very offensive to women. yes, indeed. but this looks like a sarcastic shot, non ? yeah you are a macho man (out loud), you won't satisfy me, baby ... I need more than that (the voice inside her head)!

I really don't know if this is supposed to humoristic, or if this is just dull ...
This doesn't move me ... At first sight, you can see this as offensive, and then you realize it's just dull.

02-12-2012
utterly superfluous

^Right? And I thought I was a bit crazy for getting a "cruising" reference there...a little rough trade for Cruise.

02-12-2012
clever ain't wise

^No, that makes sense. But what is she doing there? Man-bait?

02-12-2012
V.I.P.

so happy vanessa has a cover! i want to see this, not kate upton

Zenga Zenga

^No offence at all, but why the need to bring back Kate Upton again? It was last month and we do not necessarily have to compare the two covers. And if I had to compare, I'm not sure which one is more "fashion" and less "tacky" than the other... The more I see this picture, the less thrilled I feel about the contents. I feel the same I felt with Vogue Italia's previous issue: a certain will to sound sarcastic or an attempt to raise some controversy. The only difference I see (but that's purely my eyes and my point of view) is that last month's visuals were actually pleasing to look at (I wholeheartedly second Iluvjeisa when she mentioned the "bothersome awareness").

Last edited by penny609; 02-12-2012 at 01:43 PM.
02-12-2012
No One Does It Like You.

i never understood the appeal of marlon. and i never will.

fashion insider

This cover is disturbing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, axente, december, italia, marlon, meisel, steven, teixeira, vanessa, vogue