How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2012
backstage pass

I LOVE this. will definitely get this issue.

04-12-2012
utterly superfluous

Obsessed. Now that I've seen the full story, it's a really beautiful and modern interpretation of that Antonio Lopez: Fashion, Art, Sex & Disco book that was just released. Well suited for Cruise, and as a segway into, what I imagine to be, a plethora of 60s/70s stories during the coming months.

V.I.P.

for a 16 year old, Vanessa is quite mature for her age. It doesn't make up for the fact that she is underage, but she isn't nude. She looks fantastic, and me being attracted to Marlon, don't really notice him at all in the editorial. It is really all about her. I love it

04-12-2012
don't look down

I want to like it, but I just see a schoolgirl playing at being Jerry Hall, and it doesn't do anything for me. It feels like a lot of the elements are there, but the most important part is missing.

I do think it's fantastic to see Vanessa on the cover - giving new girls a big story is what Vogue Italia is about - as she charms me and I love the idea, but for me, it has all the sensuality of someone fitting in a session of rollerskating on set before she gets back to achieving her targeted grades at school, rather than the heady days of the young Jerry Hall.

But I suppose these are sanitised times, where you have to move to the pages of Vogue Paris if you want to suggest that someone might possibly smoke, never mind what else. I'm not saying that teenage models should be pictured doing anything of the sort - but the absence of a sense of 'lifestyle' does mean the editorial comes across more like a posh slumber party than the 70s.

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarearockstar View Post
Obsessed. Now that I've seen the full story, it's a really beautiful and modern interpretation of that Antonio Lopez: Fashion, Art, Sex & Disco book that was just released. Well suited for Cruise, and as a segway into, what I imagine to be, a plethora of 60s/70s stories during the coming months.
Yes, Jerry was one of Antonio's girls....there's that in this editorial, but I also see a little Norman Parkinson, odd as it might sound, probably because the poses remind me of some of Jerry's Parkinson shots. The editorial is really good. In fact, I want more.

04-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarearockstar View Post
IKR? I wasn't very convinced by the concept I was getting by the cover, but I said maybe my mind would change when I see the full story, and it definitely happened, I just can't help it to feel obsessed with it... everythings makes sense now.

05-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Pure trash. I hate this side of Meisel, it looks so Terry.
My first thoughts exactly.
It does look like Terry, with a huge difference, Meisel is allowed and must have some concept behind it, but when Terry photographs like this, he is just a good old misogynist.

Regardless, I do not dislike it, but same old, same old. I do not see nothing particularly praise worthy about recreating over and over again imagery of the past, but that's fashion magazines nowdays. A total avoidance of the present, and the the endless use tried and tired old formulas.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

I'm sorry but what in the hell is going on this editorial? Like someone mentioned before I dislike these types of Meisel editorials. They're messy, incoherent, and unsatisfying.

06-12-2012
backstage pass

I wish it wasn't in that kind of format, I hate it when magazines do these kind of editorials I love, love, love Vanessa though, she looks great on the cover and in the editorial herself but the way they lay it out makes me dislike it.

trendsetter

his works getting boring these days..well but I still adore him.. haha

V.I.P.

BEAUTY
Carola Remer by Ben Hassett
Editor: Danny Santiago

[vogue.it]

Mag Master

^Greg Lotus ?

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

LOVE the Vogue Beauty shots.Lotus really delivered a beautifully rich ed here. And the cover shot is amazing.

backstage pass

I love the ed of Vaneesa and Marlon! The ed is soooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

07-12-2012
Hell on Heels

what a lackluster issue. Other than the main ed, a brief review:

Jennifer Lawrence by Mark Saliger, 12 pages, styled by Sarah Ellison

Noomi Rapace by Michelangelo di Battista, 16 pages, styled by Alice Gentilucci

A singular blond beauty , ? by Paolo Roversi, 14 pages, styled by Jacob K.

+ the main ed and the beauty ed already posted.

There's also a couple features on Antonio Lopez and Jerry Hall and Donna Jordan.

226 pages total

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, axente, december, italia, marlon, meisel, steven, teixeira, vanessa, vogue