Vogue Italia February 2009 : Pixie Geldof by Steven Meisel - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

I WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE MINDED CHERYL COLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that would be awful.

her ego must be inflated by a thousand already.

10-02-2009
trendsetter

i think the geldof sister are BORN with their egos inflated

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

no it grew over time.

10-02-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondSea View Post
^ She does get some coverage in UK style magazines, but it's not hysterical - she definately wouldn't be widely considered a "style icon". But she's a front row regular during LFW etc. The interest is partly because of her style, but mainly due to her family, the death of her mother etc.

As for the cover, it's very average and Pixie isn't right for VI- she belongs in Nylon etc.

However, she doesn't deserve some of the flak she's getting here . She's only 18, has just left school and already has some decent modelling campaigns - so she doesn't "party" for a living. She seems to be a bit of a wild child (or so the Daily Mail would have us believe), but has a reputation for being warm, grounded and less pretentious than Peaches. I've never read a proper interview with Pixie - I'm not sure that she's even given one .
Thanks for the perspective . Well! I guess I'll just wait for the ed...cover isn't promising.

V.I.P.

that looks like comso from 80ies to me...

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Steven Meisel photographed Jamie Bochert, with Michael Pitt, on December 2nd, 2008 at Pier 59 Studios in NY.
February 2009 Italian Vogue
Models: Jamie Bochert & Michael Pitt
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Karl Templer
Hair: Guido Palau
Makeup: Pat McGrath
Source: Women Management Blog

10-02-2009
she had boys in her room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie123 View Post
i think the geldof sister are BORN with their egos inflated
Why do you think Pixie has a big ego? She was interviewed briefly by Hilary Alexander at the Elle Style Awards about the cover, and said she felt "very overwhelmed", "really honoured" and had cried when she saw the finished cover.

I was wrong about her modelling full-time too. She told another reporter-
Quote:
It came out today and Iíve been super nervous all day long. Itís such a big deal for me. But modelling isnít all Iím doing right now. Iím still working bloody hard at school and Iíve decided to go and study Fine Art at university so Iím sorting that out now. Modelling comes second to my education. Always has, always will.
Don't know why I'm defending her, I'm not even a fan and don't like the cover I just think she gets a harder time than most "IT girls", because of her sister's behaviour rather than her own.

10-02-2009
fashion insider

I don't want to waste anymore time on the cover so I'm moving on to better things from this issue...Michael Pitt is such a babe thanks for posting kevinnn

10-02-2009
trendsetter

I have no idea who the girl is, but who ever she is she looks terrible on the cover. Lifeless and boring.

Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
I have no idea who the girl is, but who ever she is she looks terrible on the cover. Lifeless and boring.

she's even way worse without the good lights/makeup and airbrushing.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

not good at all...don't like her look

tfs star

forgive me my ignorance, but i have no idea who this girl is and seriously i have next to no desire to even google this name. sorry.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Those shot's of Pitt are hot, love his messy hair, and i actually think what Pixie said about getting the cover is super cute and sweet. Still dont think its a nice cover though.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 10-02-2009 at 02:11 PM.
10-02-2009
French Chic

^^You're bloody lucky I tell ya

Oh come on!!!!!!! What the hell is this Please Pixie Geldof......what a joke.....unbelievable.
Folks complained about Cheryl Cole getting Vogue UK last month at least she'd done something, and for a number of years.......this girl has done nothing at all. Her fathers famous......THAT IS IT??????
Whoever greenlighted giving her the cover wants to be blasted bare-arsed into the stratosphere

That said she does look nice as she also did in the Pringle of Scotland campaign which is quite surprising What is Meisel thinking??.....honestly.
AND WHY?????????

she's got the look

This is worse than her Tatler cover... I have already heard about this girl but I didn't connect name x person
Well, I think that the biggest problem with it, is the way she's posing. Her arms look huge. And the title is so awful too.
Seriously... She should have been shot by Testino, and for some Vogue UK article... He's the one that is always doing this...
Alice Dellal's feature for VP was actually good, maybe Pixie's can be good too In this case for VI.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, february, geldof, italia, meisel, pixie, steven, vogue