How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2009
trendsetter

Jamie Bochert and Michael Pitt! that ed sounds good already, just look at the team.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
^^You're bloody lucky I tell ya

Oh come on!!!!!!! What the hell is this Please Pixie Geldof......what a joke.....unbelievable.
Folks complained about Cheryl Cole getting Vogue UK last month at least she'd done something, and for a number of years.......this girl has done nothing at all. Her fathers famous......THAT IS IT??????
Whoever greenlighted giving her the cover wants to be blasted bare-arsed into the stratosphere

That said she does look nice as she also did in the Pringle of Scotland campaign which is quite surprising What is Meisel thinking??.....honestly.
AND WHY?????????
Agree. At Last It's Vogue Italia, one of the best editions of Vogue known it's amazing covers featuring MODELS! Repeat.... MODELS!

10-02-2009
she's got the look

Selma Blair's feature was great and she's not a model

tfs star

Meisel seems to be testing how long it takes for us to get a heart attack.... Shooting her for Pringle of Scotland AND for the cover of Vogue Italia! I think I'm getting my heart-attack now

✎...

Jamie Bochert ...glad to see her again!!!

Thanks kevinnn

10-02-2009
trendsetter

Jamie has a great Patti Smith face!

French Chic

Yeah pleased to see Jamie again One cool girl.

congratulations, nerds.

Oh, my. Michael Pitt. *fans self*

Thanks for posting kevinnn

10-02-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondSea View Post
^ She does get some coverage in UK style magazines, but it's not hysterical - she definately wouldn't be widely considered a "style icon". But she's a front row regular during LFW etc. The interest is partly because of her style, but mainly due to her family, the death of her mother etc.

As for the cover, it's very average and Pixie isn't right for VI- she belongs in Nylon etc.

However, she doesn't deserve some of the flak she's getting here . She's only 18, has just left school and already has some decent modelling campaigns - so she doesn't "party" for a living. She seems to be a bit of a wild child (or so the Daily Mail would have us believe), but has a reputation for being warm, grounded and less pretentious than Peaches. I've never read a proper interview with Pixie - I'm not sure that she's even given one .
agreed. By no means am I fan of hers [or really have much of an opinion of her at all] but I think people should keep in mind that she is only 18 years old. I think people here can be very cruel and downright nasty at times. Thinking back to when i was 18 I know I would have been crushed to have these things said about me on a public forum. *

As for the cover itself, theres not much to say really. Its a bit bland and uninspiring....not the kind of think i want or expect from Vogue Italia.

I quite like Daisy Lowe for some reason so looking forward to her editorial. I guess she seems like she has a bit more life and personality then some other models. Yes she is yet another kid "famous by default" but I like her attitude and think she photographs well.

*Had it been big sis Peaches Id be egging you all on

10-02-2009
front row

Wow....that cover is so unexpected and...bad.
But I like the dress and styling and stuff....I just would love to see a real model on the cover and not....what was her name? Ah....Pixie....right.

utterly superfluous

Those pictures of Jamie Bochert more than make up for the bad cover. Jamie just cannot take a bad picture; her face is so utterly dynamic. There's such a tangible energy that comes from her images that I find enrapturing.

V.I.P.

wow...this is unexpected!

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

what is the fascination with the annoying group of quasi hipsters? I'm so sick of them. That 'fad' with them being seen everywhere in their contrived vintage ensembles is tired, I would have thought the fashion world at least would realise this as they'e so obsessed with trends. She's like the antithesis of 'cool' imo. I'm so confused as to why she got the cover, and what kind of demographic are they hoping to appeal to? Most people here seem disappointed, and I can't think of anyone except a few Pixie fans who would like this. She's more Nylon, not Vogue Italia

Last edited by Lacroix; 10-02-2009 at 04:24 PM.
10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Those pics of Michael and Jamie look fantastic.
I'm starting to have faith in this issue again!

Why does everything about VI take so long, style.it still isn't updated. (although, can't say I blame them for not wanting to replace January's cover with this...)

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

aren't the pictures of jamie and michael part of the Pixie editorial ?
anyway ... it looks early 1990s ....
why not .... though sincerely last year "new factory" of mormons farmers look fresher than this revamp of 90s-grungy-rock thing ... it's nice ... but nothing fresh under the sun ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, february, geldof, italia, meisel, pixie, steven, vogue