How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2009
V.I.P.

I remember Liisa Winkler's iconic amazing cover from Feb 2001 was also Blumarine, so maybe it is a trend/tradition there~

25-02-2009
rising star

^Oh yes! and February 2007 cover was also Blumarine, non?
I don't know about February 2008...
so, February=Blumarine?

Last edited by mandolux; 25-02-2009 at 08:58 PM.
27-02-2009
front row

I never read this thread before I buy Vogue Italia...I buy it every month, regardless (I have every issue for the past 3 years!); and altough this is probably the MOST HEINOUS cover ever (best said: 'who is she?'): The Raquel ed is so sublime and minimal; the Olga ed is truly beautiful, as well as the Mariacarla ed! I love the mannequin-ness of Iris in her ed and to top it all off LUKE and COLE! I actually think it was a good issue overall.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolux View Post
^Oh yes! and February 2007 cover was also Blumarine, non?
I don't know about February 2008...
so, February=Blumarine?
i found the covers of 97,99,01-now(but not sure about last year's cover,someone said it's prada) are all blumarine..and i found nearly 80% of the cover was by italian brands..always gucci,prada,cavalli,dolce,armani,maxmara,blumarine ,anna molinari and alberta ferretti.....

it's a shame that except some certain italian brands,franca seems never give other brands a cover!!!like marniyep marini is italian..let alone other foreign brands!!!...for this i quite like vogue uk...evan dries van noten and rochas could get their cover..

Last edited by kasper!; 28-02-2009 at 02:27 AM.
28-02-2009
V.I.P.

^VI covers had Louis Vuitton and Chanel on the main cover in the past. But thats an exeption.

28-02-2009
front row

love Meisel's ed, so cool...

28-02-2009
V.I.P.

got it in the other day & was expecting better. I don't like the girl on the cover at all, a model would be great, the cover is totally dedicated to Pixie.
In my opinion the best edits are Olga's & the other called "Fairy Times", they are excellent. the main edit I don't like it much. The edit with Karlie & Sigrid is okay, the problem is Karlie that looks awful, she's bad in print & so in everything but she still gets edits for VI.

28-02-2009
A Belated Celebration

I got it too and it wasn't too bad except the cover model and the girls in the Meisel ed. I was thrilled with Olga, Raquel and Iris's eds. Those three girls' eds make up for the wrong choice ('wrong', imo) of girls in the main ed by Meisel. It's better than last year's Feb issue, actually. Looking forward to the next March issue.

02-03-2009
trendsetter

I got to look at this issue the other day and it was actually not that bad. Everyone was outraged by Pixie, but she is actually a pretty good model. Actually, as I was looking through her editorial, it dawned on me that her face, in certain angles, looks very Kate Moss-ish. Maybe it was her expressions, but there were a couple of shots where she looked exactly like Kate.

V.I.P.

Amy Adams via Amy Adams Fan com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, february, geldof, italia, meisel, pixie, steven, vogue