How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debora25 View Post
I don't like it . Thanks for posting the cover Manuva.
^I feel the same

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiagoMello View Post
Ugh, so true! And even if the editorial features good models, I'll just wonder why didn't they get the cover.

And I hope Pixie is NOT the unexpected choice for the upcoming US Vogue models cover I don't even want to think about it...

I don't think that would EVER happen! I mean considering Pixie a model is like considering Paris Hilton an actress! They're both just socialites who are trying to venture into other fields! The unexpected choice will most likely be a model who is favored by foreign magazines, someone like Lara Stone or Anna Selezneva.

Last edited by vavavinny; 09-02-2009 at 06:15 PM.
09-02-2009
trendsetter

i see this thread and the words "what the f*ck" come out of my mouth...

backstage pass

^ That probably goes to almost everyone on TFS

V.I.P.

at least it's someone with intentions of ever developing a personality and even personal style. I was getting tired of all the look-alike Russian models.. they bore me to tears.. I needed something different, and not on the level of Eva Mendez for VI last year either.. just.. different, this seems a bit refreshing, perhaps because based on pictures I've concluded she's a bit of a poser but I've never really been exposed to her in a way that I can't escape..

now if they'd only let Meisel go on a hiatus for a month, how truly relevant would that be...

Ère de ℳodernité

WHAT. A. ****ING. JOKE

tfs star

pixie isn't even pretty or have an interesting face, I don't want to bash her look but its what I think, and I'm all the more disapointed by this.

I don't think she is the unexpected choice for the upcoming US Vogue models cover though.
and on a sidenote, I think Vogue italia need something new... I know Meisel will still shot the cover for a long time but I'd like to see something different for the contents, less arty more fashion.

Anyway, lets forget about this issue and I look forward to the next one !

Last edited by Party.in.Paris; 09-02-2009 at 06:20 PM.
09-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
at least it's someone with intentions of ever developing a personality and even personal style. I was getting tired of all the look-alike Russian models.. they bore me to tears.. I needed something different, and not on the level of Eva Mendez for VI last year either.. just.. different, this seems a bit refreshing, perhaps because based on pictures I've concluded she's a bit of a poser but I've never really been exposed to her in a way that I can't escape..

now if they'd only let Meisel go on a hiatus for a month, how truly relevant would that be...
I know! It's nice that he's been doing the covers for as long as he has been, but he's way too concerned with the new, new, new. It seems like he never focuses on the fashion.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party.in.Paris View Post
pixie isn't even pretty or have an interesting face, I don't want to bash her look but its what I think, and I'm all the more disapointed by this.

I don't think she is the unexpected choice for the upcoming US Vogue models cover though.
and on a sidenote, I think Vogue italia need something new... I know Meisel will still shot the cover for a long time but I'd like to see something different for the contents, less arty more fashion.

Anyway, lets forget about this issue and I look forward on the next one !
I COMPLETELY agree. I never buy Vogue Italia for the sheer fact that the concept of the photos always overshadow the fashion. At VP, that never happens (except for the last Lara issue, of course).

backstage pass

... Meisel better make up for his March issue

09-02-2009
front row

StopDropRoll
It's not April yet, Vogue Italia, don't try to make jokes. Why is this girl even relevant? Actually, is she even relevant?

09-02-2009
fashion elite

If anyone could possibly look at this cover and still say that Vogue Italia is still great, that it's one of the best, then it is just proof that the standards in the magazine world have just been shot to hell.

I've been saying it for months. Vogue Italia is going downhill.

I don't want to see Pixie on the Vogue Italia cover. There's nothing Vogue about Pixie, no matter what country. How the heck is she relevant with what Vogue Italia produces?

Even Daisy Lowe, who I am a fan of, doesn't belong in Vogue Italia.

Put these girls in Nylon, Jalouse, or Teen Vogue.

I rather the Russian clones than these girls.

09-02-2009
utterly superfluous

I'll say this much: I simply do not get Meisel's new obsession with the Eliza, Pixie, Peaches, Portia, Daisy - the British celebutante invasion of sorts... Perhaps its a difference in personal tastes, though I do generally steer towards the unusual and am fairly open minded about beauty, but there's nothing aspirational or expensive about these girls. I mean I get where they're going with this "So Young, So Cool" vibe, but I think we disagree on what is actually cool.

I believe that the rest of the cast should make up for this. Or at least I desperately hope so!

Last edited by youarearockstar; 09-02-2009 at 06:32 PM.
09-02-2009
tfs star

This is so not VI cover. After months of beautiful and daring covers, why they gave us this girl. At least they can give a very striking pose for the cover. She looks like wearing shakira's curly hair and lying down ala courtney love. So young so cool...so dissapointing

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party.in.Paris View Post

I'm just the opposite, that kind of content is what I love about VI, and the fact that it's usually packed with great eds.

So I know I'll be buying this one too, regardless of how much I complain about the cover.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, february, geldof, italia, meisel, pixie, steven, vogue