How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
If anyone could possibly look at this cover and still say that Vogue Italia is still great, that it's one of the best, then it is just proof that the standards in the magazine world have just been shot to hell.

I've been saying it for months. Vogue Italia is going downhill.

I don't want to see Pixie on the Vogue Italia cover. There's nothing Vogue about Pixie, no matter what country. How the heck is she relevant with what Vogue Italia produces?

Even Daisy Lowe, who I am a fan of, doesn't belong in Vogue Italia.

Put these girls in Nylon, Jalouse, or Teen Vogue.

I rather the Russian clones than these girls.
VI has been on a slow but steady descent. Back in 2007 they were on top of their game, especially with the iconic rehab issue. It seems in 2008, the fashion was overshadowed by the artsy, daring photographs. The only issues I bought were the black models issue and the eerie funeral issue with Linda. Now, they are only confirming my beliefs that VP is a MUCH better magazine. They don't follow trends there, they set them.

09-02-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
They don't follow trends there, they set them.
That's a good sum up.

I'd like to see Vogue Italy doing the same with its own 'look on fashion' and its own 'touch'.
I hope Franca will hear our prayers !

trendsetter

^They should be, but they're too focused on the next thing and not the now, which doesn't sound that bad, but it is. It seems over at VI they have totally lost the fashion aspect of the magazine. They're too concerned with new models, it-girls, and shocking spreads.

boop

Perhaps I'm the only one but I'm glad that Meisel does this because it keeps us on our toes. You never know who to expect on the cover of Vogue Italia and that's simply not the case with the other big Vogues. There is always this excitement - 9 out of 10 times it's a model on the cover but every so often there is an it girl or actress of his choosing. I don't think this is a surprsie - he shot her for Pringle so it makes perfect sense to me.

Perhaps it helps though that I really don't know who the hell Pixie Geldof is. Maybe this would annoy me more if I had to be inundated with news about her the way I assume those living in the UK must be. Personally she's just another plain party girl, I don't have any issue with her being on the cover given that similar girls have made it to VI before. Meisel loves celebrity - this strikes me as no different from say the Nicole Richie cover.

09-02-2009
fashion insider

I dont care about Pixie being on the cover.....but it is a BORING and BLAND cover.......They could have put (your favorite model) on there and it still would have been boring....Do not blame it on Pixie.

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Pixie's face looks great, but the lettering and background are quite dull and do not match the atmosphere set by her hair and makeup.

teenage dream.

i don't know much about her but i know she doesn't look good on this cover.

goodbye kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Who is this? Is she a model?
she's a rockstar's daughter. I believe she's famous in UK>

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgirlbr View Post
she's a rockstar's daughter. I believe she's famous in UK>
She's the daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, and the sister of the bat-sh*t crazy Peaches.

God Save McQueen

I just don't get the point of it girls who do nothing.

With models, you get the clean slate, the image taking precedent over the personality. With celebrities, you get the personality front and center but at least they are working and doing something in which to promote. They may have baggage from their personality, but they at least work.

With these girls, you get the baggage without any actual work. You only have the personality and nothing to promote. I just doesn't make me want to buy a magazine, it doesn't make me want to be a fan. But they obviously have fans so maybe its just me.

Either way, I am not loving this.

09-02-2009
✎...

who is she!? meisel

09-02-2009
fashion insider

I have no idea who this girl is. Tried google most of what came up was about her older sister. So I went to the trusty Daily Mail and, apparently, she's known for drinking and partying. Hooray?

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Who? O_o

front row

ehhh, not my favorite. Pixie just looks dirty. I agree, she does look like they are trying to make her look like Agyness sort of. I hope to see more models.

front row

Oh yuck! I won't be buying this issue. Vogue Italia and Vogue Paris are my two favorite mags, I can't believe Vogue Italia would put her on the cover. Sub-par work on Meisel's part too, the cover looks horrible. Not flattering.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, february, geldof, italia, meisel, pixie, steven, vogue