How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

I cannot believe I waited for so loong for this... I was like WTF is this!? Pixie?? I really thought it was some tabloid from the UK
and for the ones asking she is a british It girl... I would rather seing Alice Dellal here instead of Pixie and plus the cover is soo boring and its not even Pixie's best shoot! I cannot beleive this.

Last edited by Karen0193; 09-02-2009 at 11:51 PM.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

i wanna see it bigger, but i like this cover so far...
pixie got beautiful eyes and shes so much better looking than a lot of celebs imho.

V.I.P.

I haven't heard about her so it never attracts me. The cover itself is not bad, though.
Hope the eds are good.

10-02-2009
rising star

I thought her name was Peaches, or is that someone else???

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

^that's her sister ...

i've read someone said it was a statement and that V.I. makes trends .... ?!? i don't know what this means as this is not the 1st time we see one of these girls .... Meisel already did it with Nicole Richie, Testino did it with Paris Hilton for V.P. and Jalouse - since Eymère's come from L'Officiel to rule Jalouse - is making it almost every months ......
I'm not there to state who did it 1st or not ... As it's certainly not V.I., V.P nor even Jalouse ....

Pixie is a choice for the cover as it seems she's not the only girl in the editorial ... And do we know if it's not a fold-out cover ? .... The problem is that this thing with Young It Girls/Boys is not 'avant-garde' anylonger .... This is just mainstream !!! Hedi Slimane is loving the "Sons of ..." (see Prada Menswear, D&C recent editorial with Nick Cave's son ....), Meisel likes them, too, for longer ....
But once again, we have to wait until we see the editorial statement, the concept behind it. So Young, So Cool ?! pretty lame as title and statement ... Nothing fresh ! I'm sorry .... Unless Meisel shot them in a interesting story and with an interesting fashion editor (Enninful ? Templer ? Wilson ? M.A. Sauvé ?)

What is supposed to underline ?! I think it's supposed to mean that our future is in young people's hands mainly ... to me .... (see D&C recent Young Issue etc.) and not anymore in celeb' role-models.
My problem is not really this statement. My problem is the choice of Pixie .... Or maybe I just don't know too much about her life (which is true) therefore I cannot understand why she is interesting ....

And beyond everything, I'm sorry but this shot is depressing and bad .... ***EDIT***

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 10-02-2009 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Weight talk
10-02-2009
The future is stupid

Pixie is wearing Blumarine on the cover & there's a 14 page editorial w/her & bff Daisy Lowe.

10-02-2009
old-fashioned

ugh seriously. it's not only because it's this girl i've never heard of - different from paris hilton, for example, who is known by many people in different countries, so when people look at her on a vogue cover they get it's some kind of statement (and in VP's case it's even a pun) - but it's also the styling, the pose, the text (awful!), everything looks bad.

10-02-2009
backstage pass

i'm upset, all the waiting for this!!!

10-02-2009
clever ain't wise

I like this cover...not great, but it's nice. Pixie is one of the cutest of the celeb brood....though maybe Georgia May Jagger would have been better

10-02-2009
Plain Ol' Beautiful

So young, so cool? A dozen girls come to mind who are cooler than Pixie Geldof...they should have added 'so useless' on the cover.
My definition of cool includes some brain, some common sense and some actual talents that make you a stand-out - and no, money doesn't count as a talent.
This could have been a very cool model cover, I think. There are so many girls out there who have a wonderful personality, talent and wit. And if they want a party-girl at VI, what about Miss Stone, whose every backstage picture does include a cigarette or beer?
But, no, Mr Meisel prefers his models to be bland and uninteresting.
So, what's this, the 'young, cool and useless' issue? Then it's definitely not for me.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
It looks awful, its just a bad cover period.If she looked good as in the Pringle ad i would be fine with her on the cover, but this is unflattering and "on the budget" looking, something we dont usually get from Meisel & VI.
Exactly.

If she looks stunning,or at least the shot is stunning,i don't care who she is or what sort of person she has been,but this moment the cover is a catastrophe,especially the professed "so young so cool" joke made the whole thing more ironic.

10-02-2009
windowshopping

PIXIE + Vogue..... = TRASH!!! What was Steven Miesel thinking!!!! No one really likes her, its just some spolit brat with too much money. Vogue is slipping these days! With Victoria Beckham on Vogue UK and Vogue Russia and now Pixie... on ITALIAN VOGUE!

Sorry but i know there just trying to sell magazine and the more exposure they get the more they sell. But Pixie... shes sick, plus Daisy Lowe in the editorial also. Vogue is sinking low... we dont want celeb babys in out fashion magazines. Especially the ones that have been choosen for this.

Vogue Italia... your one of our top magazines. Sort it out!

10-02-2009
tfs star

Okayy, first of all who is she? and the cover sucks, no emotion no what so ever, plus her armpit is kinda weird, they should have photoshoped it.

VI has hit an all time low.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

W-T-F!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i've waited for so long for this issue and pixie geldof fronts the cover?!?!?!? why franca and meisel!?!?!?! i thought it was gonna be a model again (was really rooting for tanya d.). this is such a disappointment. i am seriously upset with this. GRR!!! i hope the march issue will be a good one and puh-lease, a real model on the cover! really upset with this...

Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
and she is a fashion icon,
Since when?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, february, geldof, italia, meisel, pixie, steven, vogue