How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2009
front row

I dunno about unique though. As history tells us, 3 or 4 will rise above it all and the rest are those who are not Gemma/Stam. I still stand by my statement that they all look alike. That is how a look is born and that's the marketing strategy that is being used to promote this. It's been proven to work. I dont think its offensive at all to claim that they look alike.

Still a landmark cover in my opinion, meant to be collector's item and I hate to gush some more about Meisels ~genius, but this is his vision and he made it happen. He knows what sells and how to sell it. He still has it and he worked on it slowly while we were whining all along about how VI had been so bad last year. Argh.

Last edited by yalil; 08-01-2009 at 07:45 PM.

08-01-2009
goodbye kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
what's with the caps? the background color is boring, as is the clothes. why not put sessilee on the cover. i'm so tired of this phase meisel is going through.
oh well

08-01-2009
Tobias Funke

The styling is so good. Natasha is really amazing when she isn't all sexed up and/or forced poses. When she is simple and minimal, its really nice to watch. Although I dont like Anna S. (I still don't know why, somebody needs to make me a believer) She looks nice and Kinga is always a plus for me. Not to sound like an idiot but who is Zaha Hahid?

Quote:
A simply fantastic cover - well deserved for all three girls The editorial is less striking, but it does seem to represent a more muted, cautious period in the world due to economic turmoils. The juxtaposition of the photographs with the other images are very futuristic and urges us to look forward instead.
Love your interpertation of the editorial, I couldn't agree more.

NeverNude
08-01-2009
backstage pass

Anna J and Anna S :love: On my MUST list for this month!

08-01-2009
shake off your flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXRedRubYXxX View Post
Not to sound like an idiot but who is Zaha Hahid?
She's an architect. She did the Chanel Mobile Art Pavilion.

08-01-2009
fashion icon

Finally the January issue and this is a must-buy for me!
I'm so happy Anna S. got the cover and Natasha Poly worked with Meisel! The ed looks a bit boring but I love the concept that it connects with architecture. But the casting is great!

09-01-2009
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Meisel

09-01-2009
A Belated Celebration

^ Same here

Mr. Meisel never fails to make me excited and happy EVERY month! I love both cover and ed, though I usually hate Anna S.

09-01-2009
old-fashioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taben View Post
I don't know what was wrong with Meisel but I'm so glad that he decided to stop ignoring Natasha this season
me too.
i really like the cover. the ed is very nice too, although i think sessilee and anna selezneva should be in more shots, instead of karlie... anyway... i love the concept, i love when fashion meets architecture

09-01-2009
A Belated Celebration

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
Evolution 2009
Photo: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Marie Amelie Sauve
Makeup: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido Palau
Models: Viktoriya Sasonkina, Nimue Smit & Natasha Poly
Photographed November 7, 2008 at Pier 59 Studios, NY, NY

What does this mean? Is there another Meisel ed in this issue, besides 'From Function'?

09-01-2009
front row

i love the colours and the proportions....and i think this season we will see the margielashoulders and balenciagastockingshoes everywhere....they are going to be the new pradalace!!!!!!

so far i love the casting and styling..........also hair and makeup...photowise i think david sims or craig mcdean could have make a better job.......
looks like the typical meisel studiopictures

09-01-2009
clever ain't wise

How dreadful. There's that awful brownish shining texture of the models' skin that Natalia used to have on her awful Calvin Klein ads.

09-01-2009
V.I.P.

i haven't read all the pages .... but it seems a lot of people are excited ....
i like the fact the styling is influenced by architectures ... it's very interesting ...
but what seems weird is that the new year starts approx. like past year started (same models even) but with a step forward in the futuristic vision ...

and i agree with Luxx about
Quote:
Another fashion meets architecture collaboration and the year isn't even a month old yet. Buildings are the new paintings it seems...
as i think nowadays architecture express more than anything else the power of technology and future .... it's not painting is dead, but architecture can express the society dreams of sci-fi future more ....

i don't see very greatly the image then i don't know really what to think about the colours ... but i'll sure buy this ... it's VI jan. issue ... so

i'm really surprised VP let MA Sauvé does so many things outside them ... what's going on ? Vogue US, Itw and now VI .... oh well she's not the fashion editor in chief so she can do whatever she wants i guess ... go MA Sauvé ....

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 09-01-2009 at 04:06 AM.
09-01-2009
V.I.P.

I was so excited when i saw the thread title, 3 gorgeous new faces but the cover is such a waste of their beauty, and the ed is even worse, dull and drab hopefully the other eds in here can save the issue.

09-01-2009
Mr. Magic

love the cover..so striking also like the mute colour too!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, anna, italia, january, maria, meisel, selezneva, steven, viktoriya, vogue