How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
The point i'm making is that everyone is giving this cover hype over the fact that an asian girl landed this, that's about it...I hope they decide to do less heavy make-up in the next 23 years when another asian can land an OG cover for VI. This cover doesn't even deliver, it's so bland...and I thought Meghan C's cover was awful...
Well, what are u looking at when u see a VI cover? Do you look at them with an artistic eye, or just with your perception of what 'pretty' is?? Amazing you say the cover doesn't deliver, but everyone else can immediately think of references, and feel that this is very modern. Sorry that u hate the cover so much.

31-12-2012
French Chic

Very stylish, very glamorous, very vintage.
Very nice cover.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak View Post
Well, what are u looking at when u see a VI cover? Do you look at them with an artistic eye, or just with your perception of what 'pretty' is?? Amazing you say the cover doesn't deliver, but everyone else can immediately think of references, and feel that this is very modern. Sorry that u hate the cover so much.
I'm looking for a woman that doesn't look out like a drag queen gone retro I'm sorry you find women with overdone make-up so appealing

V.I.P.

She was supposed to get a cover
earlier this year (2012), better late than never.
but personally, I don't like her... too pretty for my taste...
I am, by nature, a rather risk-averse guy,
and I would have liked to see Ming Xi,
Ji Hye Park (she did some test with Art + Commerce's team lately)
or why not Lee Hyun Yi since she has already worked with Meisel.

tfs star

Yes!! Oh God I'm absolutely thrilled!! I have been yearning for Fei Fei to get a VI cover for a loooooong time.

LOVE it. And she pulls this vintage, haughty look off so well. Congrats Fei Fei! You deserve it!!

windowshopping

really loving this cover and its so deserved considering Fei Fei's career

and i really LOVE this look on her very different from what shes done before but she works it well

31-12-2012
fashion insider

I don't care what the cover looks like, just because Fei Fei got it, i'm over the moon Congratulations Fei Fei

31-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
It's the worst thing in the world when a figured model like Kate Upton is gracing VI but it's the best thing when you have a Chinese drag queen on VI?
But she's a "real" model.

It's a good cover, very retro-looking, the make-up is too much though & I don't like Fei Fei as a model, there are prettier and more charismatic models out there, I'm sure. I guess I should appreciate the cover solely on the fact she is Asian and there is no such thing as diversity in the fashion world.

Last edited by Morphe; 31-12-2012 at 12:38 PM.
31-12-2012
front row

Quote:
I'm looking for a woman that doesn't look out like a drag queen gone retro I'm sorry you find women with overdone make-up so appealing
So I assume you do this every month, with every VI cover. (Joan-March, Carolyn-September, Meghan-October.) If u wanna talk heavy/drag makeup, that is very indicative of the VI aesthetic. (Steven Meisel courtesy Pat McGrath)I never said heavy, overdone makeup was very appealing. I said this was a great cover. There is more than just the makeup. What about how her hand is placed under the collar of that Chanel piece? A Chinese model, on the cover of Vogue Italia, with the headliner 'GLOBAL'. (Think about the recent explosion of Asian impact in the industry at the moment.) How do you interpret it, just a drag face?

backstage pass

The cover/screen caps are boarding on going close to drag, the make-up is a bit much and I'm not keen on the hairdos. Having said that it doesn't seem a bad way to start the New Year and congratulations to Fei Fei on getting the cover.

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

I cannot even say how extremely happy I am to see Fei Fei on the VI cover (my fave Asian model right now) but, to be honest, I don't like the makeup- it's too heavy... It kind of spoils the cover, to me Fei Fei looks more gorgeous with minimal makeup Excited to see the editorial though.

31-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak View Post
So I assume you do this every month, with every VI cover. (Joan-March, Carolyn-September, Meghan-October.) If u wanna talk heavy/drag makeup, that is very indicative of the VI aesthetic. (Steven Meisel courtesy Pat McGrath)I never said heavy, overdone makeup was very appealing. I said this was a great cover. There is more than just the makeup. What about how her hand is placed under the collar of that Chanel piece? A Chinese model, on the cover of Vogue Italia, with the headliner 'GLOBAL'. (Think about the recent explosion of Asian impact in the industry at the moment.) How do you interpret it, just a drag face?
That's what i've said in the past comments I just made, oh and her posing? Wow! Shocking! What a treat for VI to offer

backstage pass

Fei Fei you look amazing! I'm so happy for her! This is truly historic to say the least! What a good way to start off the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieJE View Post
I think the only Asian model who ever graced Italian Vogues cover before Fei Fei was Yasmeen Ghauri, and her cover was January 1991
Yasmeen Ghauri is not Asian at all.And if anyone has that editorial from 1991 could you please post it?

31-12-2012
fashion elite

the cover is AMAZING period!

fashion insider

This is not very bad... I hate the idea of "homages" and silly things like that, but it's quite decent.

Anyway, I can't really get why this cover is historical. She's a girl with two eyes, one mouth and one nose, just like the rest of the girls who have been on the cover before.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, fei, italia, january, meisel, steven, sun, vogue