How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-12-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Exactly, but there's no 'we' in publications, where such display is centered on one kind of beauty. It's an on your face aesthetic, nothing to get too confused on. Reason why, when the parameter shows some flexibility, people are going to celebrate exactly what you just stated (We are all human beings, we display different kinds of beauty). Since you share sentiments, I don't see where the perplexity really is, but, bad makeup and all, why not join the symbolism of a new year, fashion's (probably fake or at least temporary) willingness to move forward?
Agree with your EVERY WORD
Posted via Mobile Device

01-01-2013
backstage pass

Fei Fei is beyond, I love this!! The video is Sublime!

01-01-2013
fashion elite

I love everything her expression and all, but the make-up is bad.

01-01-2013
V.I.P.

What a lovely surprise. The make-up on Fei Fei is indeed a bit heavy, but I think that it's forgivable in this context and even adds a little bit of irony to what might have been a relatively traditional tribute to Machado and Avedon.

Love that Lori styled this as well; finally something a little more indicative of her true talent and not an offensive mess like March 2012.

01-01-2013
fashion elite

I've got mixed feelings about this one, I like retro but I miss a breath of fresh air to make it more of this era.

01-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
I'm looking for a woman that doesn't look out like a drag queen gone retro I'm sorry you find women with overdone make-up so appealing
And I'm sorry if you think she looks like a drag queen and I'm sorry if you don't like the VI aesthetic and I'm sorry if you don't think that a step towards greater racial diversity is a big deal and I'm sorry if you can't understand that other people might have different tastes from you.

V.I.P.

i really like this cover although I wish Fei Fei wasn't so young looking. It takes away the iconic effect of the cover

01-01-2013
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
I'm looking for a woman that doesn't look out like a drag queen gone retro I'm sorry you find women with overdone make-up so appealing
I always have to wonder if the people who moan about models looking like "drag queens" (and act like it'st just THE worst insult ever) have even SEEN a drag queen with makeup on... Like, without fail, every time a model has dark eye shadow on someone calls her a drag queen!

realitytvgifs.tumblr.com

01-01-2013
fashion elite

^I'm bowing so low to your (reliably) sound logic.

front row

I don't think Fei Fei looks like a drag queen in the cover shot at all. Man, there are tons of drag queens in LA, and lots of muscle-bound gay guys are dressed like women in the Halloween night, but none of them is even remotely as attractive as Fei Fei in these photos! For some reason, I actually quite like the make-up she is wearing, the facial expression and the overall image in the cover shot. I always think of Fei Fei as an adorable girl-woman who exudes tons of elegance and femininity (which are the qualities I love the most about women). She looks quite different this time, but still lovable!

01-01-2013
fashion insider

I LOVE IT! Those screenshots from the shoot are amazing.
So excited to see Fei Fei on the cover!

01-01-2013
tfs star

So Proud of Fei Fei!!!
I knew it was only a matter of time before an Asian model graced the cover of Italian Vogue.
Hopefully this means more Asian models gracing the covers of international fashion magazines everywhere. It's the 21st Century and we're a more global society, so I think it's time.

tfs star

Congrats Fei Fei. Yes the make up is not "natural" but I think in the world of fantastical high fashion, it beats "simple". It gets people talking. And I think a beauty of a no clear ethnic heritage like Fei Fei (she may be chinese, but her face demonstrates influences from so many global traits) is perfect for a spread called "Going Global". Once again, congrats to one of my favorite girls.

To those who would prefer your own favorites to be on the cover instead, sorry Vogue Italia didnt call you in first for consultation. Maybe next time.

02-01-2013
scenester

I think she has a bit 'westernised' facial feature. The heavy eye shadow just adds to that and covers her asian feature. Beautiful cover though.
Posted via Mobile Device

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

a very cool cover and a beautiful editorial.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, fei, italia, january, meisel, steven, sun, vogue