How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-06-2008
army of lovers

I think I can make out ...Karen Alexander, Kiara, Veronica Webb also. When is this out?

18-06-2008
boop

^ I am hoping there will be multiple covers as well. I plan on getting several if there are.

18-06-2008
fashion insider

Ummm to me Sesilee is should have not gotten the cover, what has she ever done that is so important. Liya yes. Jourdan..duh. Naomi....thats a given. Sesilee...NO. Alek should have totally gotten that, she represented something never before seen in fashion and had a million other agencies trying to find someone who looked like Alek. Iman, this woman was the queen of High Fashion at a time when black girls were not really the prototype of high fashion ( Vogue under Mirabella). Tyra.....she changed allot and opened allot of doors. Beverly Johnson...hello first black girl on Vogue. Chanel Iman....the youngest girl of color in Vogue. So dissapointed.

18-06-2008
backstage pass

I definitely want Jourdan's cover. But on the side I spy (besides the four and Chanel) Alex Wek and Arlenis... And Yasmin Warsame?!

18-06-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaultier_Bandit View Post
Ummm to me Sesilee is should have not gotten the cover, what has she ever done that is so important. Liya yes. Jourdan..duh. Naomi....thats a given. Sesilee...NO. Alek should have totally gotten that, she represented something never before seen in fashion and had a million other agencies trying to find someone who looked like Alek. Iman, this woman was the queen of High Fashion at a time when black girls were not really the prototype of high fashion ( Vogue under Mirabella). Tyra.....she changed allot and opened allot of doors. Beverly Johnson...hello first black girl on Vogue. Chanel Iman....the youngest girl of color in Vogue. So dissapointed.
although i am sure you can't doubt that sessilee looks insanely good!!!!!

18-06-2008
trendsetter

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy! This is so amazing. I feel like crying. My gosh, Sess looks flawless.

(BTW, I think those Toccara rumors are true--look on the cover! I think I faintly see "Jones" there. Interesting.)

18-06-2008
tfs star

yasmin woud be a dream!

18-06-2008
teenage dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaultier_Bandit View Post
well maybe they wanted models that are still in the public eye? i love sessilee but you have a pretty good point.

EDIT: exactly why there shouldn't be a "black issue." i mean now we're arguing over who should have gotten the cover. if black models would get the appreciation they deserve and weren't limited to being on the cover almost once in a blue moon, there would be no problem.

Last edited by kahlilg; 18-06-2008 at 10:03 PM.

18-06-2008
tfs star

i definetely see yasmin there woooo, she is a meisel girl so it is a given...

18-06-2008
fashion icon

wow...liya and jourdan

18-06-2008
trendsetter

both liya and jourdan look absolutley flawless. if there are multiple covers i'm buying both. shame they featured tyra, i find her television persona so annoying it's actually turned me off seeing pictures of her.

18-06-2008
i'm almost ready..

i'm actually kind of disappointed with the covers..i love the idea but they all look so airbrushed...liya particularly...she is such a beautiful woman...what have they done to her face...

i can't make out all of the names on the left but i can see some...

alek wek..
arlenis sosa..
chanel iman..
iman..
karen alexander..
yasmin warsame..

can anyone read any others?..

18-06-2008
boop

Names I can make out from the cover.

Alek Wek
Alva Chin
Arlenis Sosa Pena
Chanel Iman
Gail O'Neil
Iman
Jourdan Dunn
Karen Alexander
Naomi Campbell
Sesselie Lopez
Tyra Banks
Oluchi?
Veronica Webb
Yasmin Warsame

And as far as I'm concerned Sesilee belongs there - if she's good enough for Meisel she's good enough for me and she kills it in every editorial. Personally I think its all about who has the best picture - I would have preferred all fresh faces to Liya and Naomi but the creative team made their choice.

18-06-2008
tfs star

i wish yasmin and liya only got covers.........

18-06-2008
V.I.P.

Well what can I say....I'm glad this issue happened! The covers are pretty lovely(especially Naomi,Liya & Jourdan),but I want the one with Campbell nothing else will do. But I agree with GB about Alek! I mean since she didn't get the cover,she better have a lengthy layout inside especially considering they picked up people like Banks who rarely was in Vogue and things of that nature. Anyhow,I'm I might just buy all 4 like Incognito said,jokes. Any edit info guys on Veronica,Kiara,Karen,Iman & Yasmin....women like that who were in Vogue & did lots of fashion.

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 18-06-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, italia, jourdan, july, liya, meisel, naomi, sessilee, steven, vogue