How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethii View Post
Oh no! These are the definition of classic chic

Look at Naomi being the perfect parisian diva

http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_fashinfags/
M-fing hot! O-P-U-L-E-N-C-E...opulence!

18-06-2008
trendsetter

I can't get over Sessilee's cover! Amazing!

18-06-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewtee View Post
And I mean, why does it have to be dry and a little dull or demeaning? Someone in ontdff said it best: these look like vmag, not VI.
even V does it a little better than this. I think the black bordering hurts the covers for me especially, it makes them look somewhat like badly done showcards I've seen agencies put out.

18-06-2008
Tobias Funke

I wonder if Mimi Roche is in this issue being that Meisel used to like her, i think, i would be happy if she was in the issue, her and Kinee Diouf

NeverNude

18-06-2008
fashion insider

Get it Chanel

18-06-2008
front row

I'm thinking some of you guys don't see the beauty and the power these covers have. This will show the fashion industry how many amazingly talented and beautiful ethnic models are out there, and how you don't have to go to the cookie-cutter mold of a model everytime, that is why they did this all black issue, to sort of exposing the elephant in the room in which you HAVE TO TAKE NOTICE.

18-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewtee View Post
And I mean, why does it have to be dry and a little dull or demeaning? Someone in ontdff said it best: these look like vmag, not VI.
Agreed but I don't make the covers...the choices that I've been seeing for Vogue lately coverwise especially with blacks have been bad AND demeaning. So I'm saying at least I'm not like WTF. But hey its like no one will be 100% satisfied it seems nowadays.

18-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambry View Post
but was that really the best shot Meisel could get of Liya Kebede? she is one of the most stunning women I have ever seen, and that's all?
We should wait to see the full editorial before making our minds up - when we see the other pics Liya's shot could make more sense. I think it's interesting so far...

Chanel's shot is awful though...she doesn't look like a model and the styling is crazy.

Sessilee's editorial looks beautiful - very film noir.

I hope they will print enough copies

Quote:
I think the black bordering hurts the covers for me especially, it makes them look somewhat like badly done showcards I've seen agencies put out.
Not borders - frames! Because they know these covers will be famous and they want to save us time preparing to display them haha.

Last edited by sethii; 18-06-2008 at 10:07 PM.

18-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflyricist2006 View Post
I'm thinking some of you guys don't see the beauty and the power these covers have. This will show the fashion industry how many amazingly talented and beautiful ethnic models are out there, and how you don't have to go to the cookie-cutter mold of a model everytime, that is why they did this all black issue, to sort of exposing the elephant in the room in which you HAVE TO TAKE NOTICE.
O-K-A-Y! Thank you!

18-06-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflyricist2006 View Post
And I'm thinking from what you just said that you think these covers have merit just because the models are black and it's such a rarely done thing, not to be offensive! these covers just do not impress me, black, white, or oompa loompa.

yes, FRAMES I knew I was looking for a better word. but they are driving me nuts! I do think these may grow on me in time, maybe when we get HQs, but I am a little let down on first impression because I have been waiting excitedly for this issue since it was announced and expected just... something more from the covers.

18-06-2008
Fat Karl

This looks like a really great issue...feels very monumental...historic! I'm most excited to see Sessilee's editorial because the first shot looks GORGEOUS. Also, Tyra looks really beautiful...I know I give her a lot of grief because of ANTM and all it's and her ridiculousness, but, she really can take beautiful pictures.

To be honest, though...the covers don't really impress me that much. They're nice, but I feel like more could have been done.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 18-06-2008 at 10:18 PM.

18-06-2008
front row

Quote:
And I'm thinking from what you just said that you think these covers have merit just because the models are black and it's such a rarely done thing, not to be offensive! these covers just do not impress me, black, white, or oompa loompa.
I think you and I are the only one agreeing on this so far! There are so many ways to put the pure beauty of the models on display while still being visionary and taking ANY sort of artistic license with the pictures.

18-06-2008
V.I.P.

The covers look great! Can't wait to see what the rest of the shots look like. Jourdan and Chanel are having a great month...

18-06-2008
V.I.P.

OK I have examined Liya's cover and I believe Kinee Diouf is in this issue.

it's the 11th name down the list. 'Kinee Diouf' has one less letter than 'Jourdan Dunn' and that name at number 11 looks like it starts with a K, and looks like it takes up one less letter space than jourdan's name above.

I think they were going for a very 'cover' style cover. Framed in black, pure white background, and headshots. Just like in the 70s/80s. They want to focus on the fact that these girls are on the cover and what that means.

Last edited by sethii; 18-06-2008 at 10:25 PM.

18-06-2008
Tobias Funke

Is Mimi Roche on the List?

NeverNude

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, italia, jourdan, july, liya, meisel, naomi, sessilee, steven, vogue