How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-07-2009
French Chic

Don't go on the mag hunt tomorrow Miss D..........it isn't out here for a good while yet. Unless of course you're in Italy this weekend, in that case go for it.

05-07-2009
V.I.P.

Sh*t this a great issue
Kristen's editorial is beyond words
I love every shot I cant wait to buy this

05-07-2009
fashion insider

if I could I would have bought hundrets of issues of this Vogue and send them to everybody on the forum)
Yes, there is a supplement with the collections and YES, it is a thin issue.
I do not understand why people can not get used to the amazing long hair of Kristen, it suits her soooo well! It gives her a great edge...of course a bit of a witch(not sure how to spell it right, but I am sure you know what I mean)...but I think it suits her perfectly and she already said she is not cutting it, so I am glad!!! It makes her stand out! She wore the short hair enough and posed for tons of amazing pictures...she would be like the big sister of Iris if she does that)
I wish to see Iris and Kristen in an editorial together, but just seeing Iris on the back of the cover with the makeup that most resembles Kristen made me feel good)
Iris can easily be compaired to Kristen,although i am one of Kristen's biggest fans...well also iris's)

05-07-2009
V.I.P.

^ how many pages?

05-07-2009
fashion insider

how many pages of what???

05-07-2009
V.I.P.

^ full magazine.

05-07-2009
fashion insider

around 150 and it has the supplement which is always the same size.
and there is small Barby book with barby dolls dressed in dresses made to look like an editorial...those were the first things I threw away after buying the issues)

05-07-2009
fashion icon

If I may so, I think it's a bit unfair for people to compare Iris to Kristen, only to criticize Iris for not being as talented a model as Kristen. Iris didn't set out to intentionally look like Kristen, nor is she trying to be the modern-day Kristen. And it's sheer coincidence that her Vogue Paris cover was very similar to Kristen's 1992 Vogue Italia cover.

Iris has her own unique beauty, despite bearing a resemblance to early-90s Kristen. I personally like Iris' androgynous look, especially considering that nowadays most top models look like clones of each other.

And like Rado said, I too would like to see Kristen and Iris do an editorial together.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radolgc View Post
around 150 and it has the supplement which is always the same size.
and there is small Barby book with barby dolls dressed in dresses made to look like an editorial...those were the first things I threw away after buying the issues)
You threw out the runway supplement? I love the runway supplement

05-07-2009
V.I.P.

the cover and Kristen edit is positively magnificent. she commands such presence. very few models have that same power.

Milla and Sasha together is perfection. neither of them are my favourites -- but they're unarguably incredible models. they emote and pose so naturally. both are pros. initially, i really thought that Sasha was just a Gemma replica and would have no staying power, but she's truly proving herself to be an icon of this moment in the largely fameless modeling business.

the supermodels edit is beautiful, as we would expect. they all look beautiful, even if they're essentially images that we've seen a trillion times before. Eva and Christy stand out to me. Eva especially has really grown as a model over the years, whereas i feel like alot of the "supers" hit their peak years and years ago and haven't really adapted to newer styles so well.

the paparazzi pics edit is a nice touch. VI seems to have a bit of a fascination with this phenomenon. it has crept up in various edits over the past few years. it's nice to see all the models - and to recognize that there were some models who truly did transcend the profession to become internationally recognized women. i don't think Natasha, Lily, Iris, Sasha, Toni, Siri, etc have hit that point yet (and probably won't ever, if only due to the world of celebrity now, as they're all fabulous in their modeling work). Eva, Elle, Claudia, Naomi, etc were all instant celebrities - as well as being highly desired models.

V.I.P.

150 Pages only? I'm dissapointed again. But I can't wait to get it.

05-07-2009
V.I.P.

I am very excited about this issue.... first I was excited to see Kristen and by the way the editorial is just mind blowing... I love it...

second... beautiful editorial of Mila and Sasha... love both and they look great together... Sasha is one of very few new gen models I really like...

and then supermodels... and so surprised to see Helena... I like her expression.... and the edit is beautiful... maybe not the most exciting one but certainly very beautiful... and I actually like how feminine Naomi looks... Christy Eva stunning as always;-0

I made a decision to get this issue when I saw kRISTEN... not I am thinking og gettinh two copies;-)

05-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
150 Pages only? I'm dissapointed again. But I can't wait to get it.
It keeps having less & less pages. 2 months ago 208, 1 month 176 & now 150.

05-07-2009
clever ain't wise

July (and January) tend to be the smallest issues, though.

05-07-2009
backstage pass

OMG beautiful. Milla and Sasha Helena looks so young

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, italia, july, kristen, mcmenamy, meisel, steven, vogue