How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2012
███████████████

Finally a good cover by Mr Meisel this year i love this

01-07-2012
V.I.P.

I really like the image itself, but I was just wondering how this would have looked with models who could actually transform into the characters of witches, rather than young girls playing dress up. The casting is once again, reeeaally bad.

01-07-2012
trendsetter

This is brilliant! Amazing cover and styling. Definitely, one of the best I've seen in a long time.

fashion insider

Amazing cover

01-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I really like the image itself, but I was just wondering how this would have looked with models who could actually transform into the characters of witches, rather than young girls playing dress up. The casting is once again, reeeaally bad.

see ... i don't know who any of these girls are, so i'm pretty much not remotely excited about the casting. i will say, though, that the cover is spectacular enough that i needn't worry about which models are in it.

with that being said, however ... ... just imagine if the models instead went like this - from left to right: Gisele, KK, Lara, Natasha, Joan, Karlie.

THAT would have been epic.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
see ... i don't know who any of these girls are, so i'm pretty much not remotely excited about the casting. i will say, though, that the cover is spectacular enough that i needn't worry about which models are in it.

with that being said, however ... ... just imagine if the models instead went like this - from left to right: Gisele, KK, Lara, Natasha, Joan, Karlie.

THAT would have been epic.
But then someone would have complained why the casting didn't include an Asian girl ..

I really like the cover and think, as most have said already, that it's a big step up from what Meisel has been doing lately. The set design is a little corny and the casting is a little coincidental, but overall I really like the concept and the styling. Thumbs up!

01-07-2012
backstage pass

I think the cover would be great with models that can look witchy rather than a bunch of "it" models like the ones you listed, happycanadian.

Tatiana Cotliar, Iris Strubegger, Aymeline Valade, Karlina Caune, Guinevere Van Seenus and MariaCarla Boscono or Kristen McMenamy and it would have been perfect.

backstage pass

I love love love this cover, its the best one since the February issue, its
just why did they have to use yellow font on the "F/W 2012.13". Is it just me who thinks it cheapens the wonderful cover image?

01-07-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstefaniaAbaddon View Post
I think the cover would be great with models that can look witchy rather than a bunch of "it" models like the ones you listed, happycanadian.

Tatiana Cotliar, Iris Strubegger, Aymeline Valade, Karlina Caune, Guinevere Van Seenus and MariaCarla Boscono or Kristen McMenamy and it would have been perfect.
As much as I love these models, I think it was the right choice to use current new faces such as mackenzie drazan, who i hope with the aid of this cover, gets higher up in her modelling career

01-07-2012
V.I.P.

I like the idea of using up and coming models. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the usual suspects, but the new girls bring freshness and new life to the magazine.

V.I.P.

^ Unfortunately it is easier for newfaces to land a job by Steven Meisel than for established models these days.

02-07-2012
windowshopping

I'm glad Vogue Italia got its **** together and finally managed to DELIVER. Same goes for Meisel, btw. What a stunning cover.

03-07-2012
front row

yeah, some of this year's covers were painful to look at and this... this is just awesome! I got home from Milan yesterday, was looking for this issue in the shops there but they still had the one with Rossellini, such a shame!

03-07-2012
you soft and only

The cover's alright, but I'll save my excitement until Vogue Italia's consistent month to month.

04-07-2012
Mag Master

Preview:
i have no other information, except that the pic is from the July Issue

Quote:
Vogue Italy - July 2012
Cady silk black strapless dress with a pleated tulle side from Alberta Ferretti Autumn/Winter 2012 collection
facebook/Alberta Ferretti official

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, italia, july, meisel, steven, vogue