How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-07-2013
backstage pass

this issue is actually very handy for anyone (like myself) in need of those vintage shots for framing round the house! Old 90s Vogue Italia go for very high prices on ebay, and if you need to cut it up, get this one instead. There is so many treasures when you look at them in one issue it is very impressive.

15-07-2013
V.I.P.

Such great issue! so much beauty it really shows Steven Meisels brilliance as a photographer.

V.I.P.

Great to see..

backstage pass

Much thicker in size than I imagined and as many have noted, it's perfect for those like myself who have missed out on previous issues

24-07-2013
V.I.P.

The fact that the retrospective of Meisel's eds is called Greatest Hits Vol. 1, I guess we can expect the same kind of ed in the August issue. After all Franca's first issue was July/August 1988.

V.I.P.

^
I think so... I was hoping a different and original retrospective to accompany each cover but I know I was asking a lot.
a bit disappointed to be honest!!

tfs star

HQ covers

zimbio

26-07-2013
backstage pass

Anyone know where I can get the the issue aside from ebay? I'm sure there has to be a website devoted to other editions of magazines. Please PM me if you know any.

27-07-2013
V.I.P.

How many pages does this issue have? I just realized that the July 1997 cover with Danielle Zinaich isn't part of Meisel's Greatest Hits. I mean, hello? It's one of the best VI covers EVER. Hopefully it'll be included in the Volume 2 of his greatest hits if ever there would be any next month.

V.I.P.

^

V.I.P.

Got mine a few days ago and I was thrilled to see Linda Evangelista's cover waiting for me at the local store, where I order Vogue Italia into. I had paid them a visit about a week before the issue was due over here and the woman said she would be unable to request a certain cover. So, you can imagine my excitement when Linda's was there out of the 6 available. I couldn't bare the thought of having to be stuck with a cover other than Linda's, even though Natalia's was my second favourite.

I haven't had the chance to have a decent leaf through the issue, but I intend to. I'm sure I will fawn over the Steven Meisel portfolio inside. It's great for someone like me who has only been collecting Vogue Italia since 2008 (I have a couple of issues before 08, though) and I can admire such rare pictures in print, all in one place.

A massive thanks to Mat Cyruss for providing the HQ's.

don't look down

I was glad to get hold of an issue, but I haven't looked through mine in depth yet either, and that makes me wonder if I'm secretly underwhelmed by the contents, despite adoring Meisel.

backstage pass

Disappointing image (in printing) quality of past photos
I am glad I was able to browse it before considering spending £7 and carrying a kilo home!
The photos and most especially the reprinted Covers of past Italia seen inside throughout are of poor quality. It reminded me of pirate dvd covers, where you know it looks like the original but yet dodgy: like slightly blurred round the lettering edge etc. Then after spotting that I could see than the Linda epic photos I was gonna frame did look dull and not crisp. Went downhill from there am afraid.
There is no way I would consider collecting this issue if they can't even be bothered to print those epic shots in the same crisp clear quality of original copies.
No thanks.

01-09-2013
rising star

Such a wonderful issue, I've ordered mine with Gisele on the cover. Can't wait

02-09-2013
front row

I adore Natalia's cover. The whole content is beautiful, it's a great reference issue for fashion addicts.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 25, fashion, italia, july, meisel, stella, steven, tennant, vogue, years