How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2013
_____

I love Natalia's cover, I think it's one of those that would look even better in person. I would probably appreciate Linda's cover if RJ wasn't in it, can't stand his annoying chipmunk smile.

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Yes, this is soooo amazing. Just the whole concept is fantastic. I love every cover (if you cut off Meghan and Cameron).

My favourites are Amanda's, Linda's (who are those men?) and Raquel's
I wish they had someone else instead of Gisele again.

BTW, Stella wears Gucci, Amanda wears Prada, Raquel wears Versace, Gisele wears Dolce Gabbana, Linda wears Valentino. What is Natalia wearing?
don't know the rich husband, but the young lover is RJ King

.my prison is your brain.

Ho hum, I find this utterly dull in execution.
Even my current favorite Amanda Murphy's cover fails to excite me, probably because it's basically a Prada ad.

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:

Linda's (who are those men?)
I was wondering that as well, they are both exuding great energy, and the older gentleman is giving me major Roger Sterling sexy vibe!

01-07-2013
fashion elite

^^one is RJ King, the other is one Prada model, don't know his name.

01-07-2013
fashion icon

Quote:

BTW, Stella wears Gucci, Amanda wears Prada, Raquel wears Versace, Gisele wears Dolce Gabbana, Linda wears Valentino. What is Natalia wearing?
It must be another big Italian brand, Armani perhaps? I love the fact that they put all Italian brands on the cover. Will Prada still get the September cover after this? Just curious about that.

01-07-2013
congratulations, nerds.

Cameron Russell on the cover of VI has made my day. Fantastic choice.

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

What a fabulous way to celebrate Franca Sozzani's 25th anniversary at Vogue.

My favourite cover is Linda's.. just because it's Linda by Steven Meisel. I do hope that particular cover makes it across here. Natalia's is my second favourite, followed by Gisele's and then Amanda's. I love how the cover shots look like adverts for each brand.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry View Post
It must be another big Italian brand, Armani perhaps? I love the fact that they put all Italian brands on the cover. Will Prada still get the September cover after this? Just curious about that.
Probably. Dolce Gabbana was just one March cover, so I expect to see Prada in September, Armani in October and Valentino in December again.

Thanks for the male ID's guys!

01-07-2013
fashion elite

My favorite cover is Raquel's!!! LOVE HER COMEBACK with an Italian Vogue cover, I want to love Linda's but I don't as much, the neck position and her missing left shoulder doesn't make it work for the eye. The other covers are weak or not strong enough; Gisele's cover seems to be a backstage photo, it doesn't work at all, which is weird coz she was on the previous June's cover and looked insanely good. Stella's cover, as weird as it may looks kinda of work for high fashion.

Having said all that I'm sort of surprised to not see Naomi or Christy coz they were Meisel's favorites; but to see Linda and Raquel and Gisele is enough supermodel-love I guess héhé. Are any of you surprised at all to see Gisele covering Italian Vogue back-to-back?

Last edited by Bertrando3; 01-07-2013 at 07:35 AM.
01-07-2013
V.I.P.

I know VI is usually praised for being edgy and pushing boundaries and all that good stuff, but am I the only one who wishes they'd just put a pretty picture on the cover instead of always trying to be 'topical'? I like all that 'pushing boundaries' business as much as the next person, but most of the time they're just doing it for the sake of doing it. Like this month, using editorials for a cover? Like what is that? It's beyond lame. Sometimes I wonder if it's grown ups who are in charge of these covers or 12 year olds. It's not cool. Not edgy. The boundaries it pushes are more irrelevant and inconsequential than those pushed by a typical US Weekly cover. And for it being an anniversary issue - it's not anything special. And the worst part is, these people actually think they're doing amazing work and being innovative. And how do I know? By some of the praise they receive. Sometimes I think fashion in general could take itself a bit less seriously, but it's never more apparent than with the VI team.

Also. Natalia's cover is especially atrocious. I see more artistic merit in Wal Mart catalogs.

backstage pass

i like linda's cover most, RJ king is really adorable! what a delicious boy he is

01-07-2013
scenester

The covers are breathtaking!!

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

LOL! This is so bad it is almost ridiculous! Natalia's cover is the best but looks more like a great shampoo advert...

01-07-2013
fashion icon

There are too many covers. Reminds me of i-D. But Raquel's cover and that guy...Wow!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 25, fashion, italia, july, meisel, stella, steven, tennant, vogue, years