Vogue Italia July 2017 : Grace Elizabeth by Steven Meisel - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-07-2017
fashion elite

Grace Elizabeth, a classic throwback American beauty turned HF muse under Meisel's brilliant eye. She looks great. VI should have offered Steven the moon to stay in house each month but instead have to settle for when he's available or in the mood! Love it.

fashion elite

I think that the July issue of VI should be called: The Glamour Issue.
Last year Vittoria's cover and ed was really amazing. I still remember the feeling of joy it gave me.
And weirdly, i have the same excitment for this one. Meisel is really on fire and i'm happy about it. Good campaigns, good covers...Even if it's classic Meisel, it's enough for me.

05-07-2017
V.I.P.

Happy for Grace, the cover looks great. Curious to see the rest of her editorial.

05-07-2017
backstage pass

Yes This is the VI I know and love. I love the vintage feeling and I'm so pleased for Grace too, it has the glamour thats been desperately lacking the last few issues

05-07-2017
there is no fear

yesss, it's perfect

05-07-2017
V.I.P.

Absolutely loving the look of this so far and thrilled to see Steven Meisel still has a working relationship with Italian Vogue. Grace Elizabeth is a surprising choice for Meisel but that's what I loved most about Vittoria Ceretti's cover last year (and the glamour of course). It looks like we'll be getting vintage glamour once again and I'm not complaining.

V.I.P.

Dear Emanuelle Alt, This is how you do a nod to the 80s, that doesn't make everyone groan. Sincerely, EVERYONE at The Fashion Spot.

05-07-2017
trendsetter

Unexpected pair! Glad he's back, and amazing choice of model. Can't wait to see the ed. It's only her or a model group shot?

(Theory: The most important issues of VI are March and September, and January and July, for the collections)

05-07-2017
V.I.P.

That magenta for the logo is killing me, who approved that?

06-07-2017
V.I.P.

wwd

Quote:
Vogue Italia Starts New Course With July Issue
The new team guided by editor in chief Emanuele Farneti restyled the magazine, which now features a new bigger format and more written contents.

NEW BEGINNING: Vogue Italia is entering a new era with the July issue, which hits newsstands Friday.

Emanuele Farneti, who was appointed editor in chief of the Condé Nast magazine last January, succeeding the late Franca Sozzani, and creative director Giovanni Bianco have completely restyled the title. Starting with the July issue, Vogue Italia will feature a new, bigger format and heavier, glossier paper.

In addition, although images by leading photographers will continue to play a major role in the magazine, Farneti is dedicating more space to written content.

“In the long history of Vogue Italia, those who came before us proved that anything can change. It has to change, actually — quickly and constantly in order to inform readers about transformations,” Farneti said. “Sometimes these transformations can be anticipated and, under the right circumstances, even facilitated. Therefore, beginning with this issue, our restyled magazine will tell new stories using new words.”

A cover shot by Steven Meisel — a longtime Vogue Italia collaborator — highlights the magazine’s new direction with a cover line that states “First Chapter.” Stories inside include Naomi Campbell talking about Gianni Versace, who was murdered in Miami 20 years ago; art critic and curator Francesco Bonami’s interview with Alber Elbaz; film director Luca Guadagnino discussing the role of swimming pools in the fashion and art worlds; journalist Angelo Flaccavento highlighting the increasing relevance of stylists in the fashion industry, and director Paolo Sorrentino’s answers to Vogue’s questionnaire.

As part of its new “Manifesto” page, an open letter to Italian art and culture minister Dario Franceschini laments the government’s lack of interest in the promotion of LGBT tourism in the country.

Coinciding with the launch of the July issue, Condé Nast has appointed Alan Prada and Sara Maino deputy directors of Vogue Italia. The former will be focused on the magazine, while the latter will be responsible for special fashion projects and the Vogue Talents program.
wwd

06-07-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
new bigger format
noooooooooooooooooooooo

windowshopping

J'adore Very nostalgic and refreshing. This is classic Steven Meisel VI early 90's vibe. The supermodel era I can see this cover next to other fashion magazine cover faces like: Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Bridget Hall, Meghan Douglas, & Shana Zadrick just to name a few. Purely chic with that old school Meisel touch. I've been waiting for an early 90's VI Meisel cover a my prayer has been answered

06-07-2017
fashion elite

The cover that's on wwd has just the perfect contrast and tint, hopefully it looks like that in print. It's very beautiful although I agree that it reminds of Natalia's W cover in terms of composition and styling.

V.I.P.

Is that freakin' Daria Strokous in Meisel's ed or am I losing my mind?

06-07-2017
trendsetter

^ Yes, I see Daria, Cara Taylor and Meghan

Can't wait to see the full ed. Meisel imitating Avedon never fails.

Last edited by Rigida; 06-07-2017 at 05:22 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, elizabeth, grace, italia, july, meisel, steven, vogue