Vogue Italia July 2017 : Grace Elizabeth by Steven Meisel - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

2 Weeks Ago
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conbothsides View Post
Seriously the new design looks like one of those horrible default PowerPoint themes
The redesign is absolutely terrible! How cluttered Vogue Italia was under Franca is just as empty as it is now under the new EIC. The random boxes that appear to pop up from somewhere are annoying. The fonts used were not commanding at all. I barely realized that I was reading through a different feature. And the editorial titles were barely noticeable. If you're not paying attention to the text, you'd think you're browsing through a long editorial.

It felt like I was reading through a high school scrapbook project. It felt rushed. And almost all pages were beige, so there's that. I don't see this redesign working for a long time.

2 Weeks Ago
trendsetter

Since I couldn't give a d*** about the cover/editorial being shot by Meisel and I am not a "photographer fangirl" I'll just say it: the main editorial is boring, outdated, nothing to write home about. You have two or three pictures that would have given better covers. A few models that are there only "because", giving nothing to the picture. The styling is bland and too "literal". And Meisel has done this before, this "theme" is as repetitive as it gets.

The other editorials are better but only Vittoria's would make me buy the magazine.

The redesign is also terrible. I seriously think this magazine is dying. There was a cult thing going on for so many years and now it's becoming another Vogue Paris. I used to run around town trying to find the magazine, buying every issue. I don't remember the last one I bought. Disastrous.

fashion insider

VI has never been strong with their art direction. Oftentimes, I suspect they were even gleefully trolling the slightest criticisms of their awful layout by going with the worst layout possible— because they’re VI and they can get away with it.

This Giovanni person has always been sh*t, and his continuing the awful layout tradition isn’t any surprise— although I’m not sure if his is meant to look so sh*t, like some desktop-published community newsletter, complete with the awful drop-shadow on everything and the Windows 95 collection of typefaces is intentionally meant to be sh*t...

(I can’t help but love the tagline “Quality is Our Business Plan” on the credits page, as if VI is a bag of chips LOL And the irony of that tag right next to Giovanni’s name...)

Last edited by Phuel; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:41 PM.
2 Weeks Ago
tfs star

I love the covers + the ed!! So so so gorgeous! Thank god for Meisel.

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

HQ

wearesodroee

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

The last picture of Candice (b&w coat and pink lips) would have made a great cover

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Vogue Italy July 2017

"Audi Q2 Untaggable journey"

Interview: Eva Riccobono @ Models 1 London, Elite Milan
Pics by Matteo Ceccarini

vogue.it

2 Weeks Ago
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

this is what fashion should be all about

V.I.P.

As expected, Meisel's cover story doesn't disappoint and while I would've initially preferred an only-girl editorial with Grace, the addition of the likes of Candice Swanepoel, Miranda Kerr, Daria Strokous and Vittoria Ceretti is a nice surprise. Each and every one of them look spectacular!

Does anyone here subscribe to Vogue Italia? I've noticed on Instagram, a lucky someone received the issue in an envelope-style box to commemorate the revamped magazine. It looked wonderful, so was just wondering if subscribers have been surprised with a treat this month?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertNoir View Post
Vogue Italy July 2017

"Audi Q2 Untaggable journey"

Interview: Eva Riccobono @ Models 1 London, Elite Milan
Pics by Matteo Ceccarini
Wow! When was the last time Eva Roccobono was featured in a major Vogue? Great to see her.

Also - I'm seriously lusting after those purple shoes in the third pic.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Does anyone here subscribe to Vogue Italia? I've noticed on Instagram, a lucky someone received the issue in an envelope-style box to commemorate the revamped magazine. It looked wonderful, so was just wondering if subscribers have been surprised with a treat this month?
Here (not mine )

Studio Marcati/Instagram

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
Wow! When was the last time Eva Riccobono was featured in a major Vogue? Great to see her.

Also - I'm seriously lusting after those purple shoes in the third pic.
She was featured in Vogue Italy's June 2016 "family" issue by Franca Sozzani.

Last edited by AlbertNoir; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:05 AM.
2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

The cover reminds me the vintage work of Meisel in the 90's. Glad for him for still shooting the cover story.

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

HQ

wearesodroee

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

This issue's only saving grace is Berlin 2017. A couple of the shots really highlights the model's commanding presence and understanding of how to pose and wear the clothes for maximum impact. Kudos to the editorial team!

VI actually presented some trend-setting "new" silhouettes, layering ideas and shoe revivals which photographed well and walked that tricky line between retro and relevant.

Some of those looks instantly brought to mind this Avedon photo of Anjelica Huston which I fell in love with recently.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, elizabeth, grace, italia, july, meisel, steven, vogue