Vogue Italia March 2017 : Lulu by Steven Meisel - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2017
fashion insider

It’s a screencap of some random ecommerce site…

Say what you will about Franca’s rule-- trolling covers and all-dog issue, but her Vogue was one of the last and few Vogues that still remembered it’s a high fashion and model dream-making machine and not a press book for boring celebrities hustling their latest movie— let alone trickling down to mimic generic ecommerce wholesale like this cover LOL

And the toddler on the cover…

LOLZ is all I can summon.

13-03-2017
backstage pass

This cover is vaguely interesting, although it lacks the social commentary that anchored a lot of VI's past cover concepts. It's not timely or tongue in cheek, but it's not cringe worthy either. i give it a pass.

13-03-2017
boop

From the looks of it this is a story where you have to see the full spread to fully appreciate it. The online shopping concept seems fun, this looks exactly like the kind of picture they use on Yoox / Net-A-Porter / Shopbop / Amazon Fashion, etc. and honestly that is how most people are experiencing clothes these days. With every magazine and social media platform rapidly becoming shoppable the time is right for someone to do send up.

This could be fun, I'll wait till I see the full story. I like Lulu, she's cute. It would be interesting if this involves some augmented reality thing.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
I 100% agree with this. It's time to find someone new. NEW. not M&M, Testino, Weber ++. I thoroughly enjoyed that issue with Mariacarla photographed by new photographers. They need to use someone fresh. A new era with a new perspective. Meisel here and there would be okay (March September).

Yes Meisel is no irreplaceable god in fashion, but considering the crap Non-Meisel issues this magazine has been producing, then might as well give me the worst and most uninspired issue Meisel could produce and I'm sold. It's not him that's the issue. The point is, how come VI is so put together with him while so lost when they're using someone else. Remember the laugh issue? The Jaden Smith issue? the China issue? The dog issue? Utter crap
yes, some of what you quoted was utter crap but let's face it, this is the crappiest cover VI has ever produced...
and if only name Meisel is enough for buying-in then I guess it's like buying designers clothes for their labels only rather than because of liking them...

Last edited by KissMiss; 13-03-2017 at 12:52 PM.
13-03-2017
fashion elite

cool concept but the execution is super bad. Nothing good abt this cover.

13-03-2017
V.I.P.

I like the cover and can't wait to see the rest of the content.

13-03-2017

Only Meisel can deliver this.

███████████████

The cover is a joke , super ugly and bad taste concept.

13-03-2017
V.I.P.

I loved Meisel's TV-shopping story he did back in January 2012 but this does look a little flat upon first look. On the fence about this one (until I see more)!

front row

This is so bad. One of the weakest VI delivered ever. The model is forgettable and looks like a little girl. Incredibly dull. Maybe with a better model it would spice it up. Execution is also weak.

13-03-2017
V.I.P.

Really? This cover is terrible!

windowshopping

I don't have an issue with the concept itself (yes, it's something that Meisel has done in a similar way before, the whole mass consumption of fashion etc etc).

It's the cover execution that I find shocking - it's just so literal in a bad way.

I'm more annoyed with the graphic designer than Meisel - the pictures are meant to look dull.

It's funny the fact that Meisel now shoots for Zara, when reality and fiction collide.

13-03-2017
fashion insider

What is this? I was so excited when I read ''Lulu by Meisel'' thinking it would be something iconic, and then I see this? What a joke. One of the worst/weakest VI covers I have ever seen.

I love lulu, she's a lot better than that. I hope the main editorial delivers.

13-03-2017
front row

these type of 12 year old baby models make gigi and bella look like 90s supers I don't care how exciting the clothes, the photography or the concept child like models are creepy and the wrong choice for adult magazines. Next.

13-03-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fee de foret View Post
these type of 12 year old baby models make gigi and bella look like 90s supers I don't care how exciting the clothes, the photography or the concept child like models are creepy and the wrong choice for adult magazines. Next.
This!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, italia, lulu, march, meisel, steven, vogue