How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-05-2008
V.I.P.

Me too, if anyone has it, please scan Tanya's ed And I like Gemma's/Lily's ed

13-05-2008
coffee&tv

So I'm guessing no one has their hands on this issue?

backstage pass

^jadabelle scanned eva and natalia's editorial, so i'm guessing she does have the issue

14-05-2008
scenester

I have to admit that I thought the Eva eds were sort of a shock, and yet also a smart move for someone trying to perhaps really adhere to the "bad girl "persona she has been recently associated with. They are very SEX book/MAdonna too. AND very SOPHIA Loren, in a good way, I agree that her mannerisms in some seem forced but her body looks pretty good. I didn't mind the fashion spread with her, but always get a kick out of her interviews. Especially when she mentions her "geeky school days" past. My best guy pal went to high school with her. She was a senior when he was a sophomore and he said that she was UBER popular everyone loved her!
A real popular cheerleader that everyone at the time compared to a young Cindy Crawford. So he laughed when he saw that she recently mentioned she was sort of a geek or outcast! Anyway- thought that was funny.

14-05-2008
army of lovers

Okay, let me get this straight. If you don't live in Italy, you won't be able to get the beauty supplement if you by the magazine?

15-05-2008
V.I.P.

^*quotes*..:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
I always get the beauty supplements & any other supplement that comes w/VI and I live in the States. They always come shrink wrapped w/the issue.

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
^*quotes*..:p
Umm well...there seems to be a debate about the Beauty Supplement...but since a certain person isn't in my house to see what I do or don't have (quickly checks under bed to be sure)I do get all Supplements...but it may be because of where I shop...they have it all & I'm a very lucky girl:p

15-05-2008
trendsetter

I saw the foot in the mouth bit...how did that come up as an idea during the shoot I wonder.

15-05-2008
army of lovers

^^ & ^^^ thank you for clearing things up

I will try to pick up the mag now...

15-05-2008
fashion insider

Dare I venture that the Eva Mendes ed upsets a lot of people because the pictures look REAL, like a Playboy shoot in the 60s, rather than a fashion ed? She's blatantly sexy, a tad vulgar in the ed and ready to um, copulate, so that is unnerving for regular fashion readers. From a purely artistic point of view, there's a cliched Italian glam "Terry Richardson" vibe going on here, which is quite fascinating to me. The luscious colours, the light,the etxtures, the details, the expression and body language of Eva Mendes, they're all provocative but quite artful. The colours, in particular, are stunnning!

I even like Siri's ed, VI never tries to do conventional "beauty" - what's the point when every other Vogue is doing it? - but strange beauty. This is why they're so WORTH collecting.

15-05-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
Maybe I'm alone but I don't mind because I LOVE IT. Every minute of it I love - some of he pictures are unflattering but I can't say that I care because at last we have an actress doing a shoot that is innovative. Maybe not innovating by our standards but compared to the duller than dirt glamour shots we see of celebrities each and every single day this is amazing. Its raw and its sexy and its dirty - yes some of the pictures verge on gratuitous but its delicious. I love how Meisel didn't shy away from Eva's femininity in these pictures. Her body is a work of art - I feel like if the same exact edit were done with say Sasha or Coco it wouldn't have this carnal element that I think it has. Not to knock those girls - both of whom I love - but Eva's body is so suited to this kind of theme.

I also enjoy that its not outright sexy - there is a pinup theme at work but its not so literal. Its a tease somehow - there is a great deal of expectancy violation here. Its like Meisel is saying "You want sexy - I'll give you sexy but be careful what you wish for..."

The only thing holding this editorial back are some of her facial expressions but I'll give her a pass since she is not a model by trade.

I *so* agree with you here! VI puts out eds that go to your head and refuse to leave. It'd be a normal, vacuous sexy ed with a model like Gisele or Lara Stone but Eva is an actress and has an innate, uninhibted come-hither sultriness. It helps that she's not perfect looking, and her looks are unnerving and unpleasing, as the effect is exactly intended. It's meant to be tacky, vulgar, trashy, but also a carnal beauty there.

15-05-2008
V.I.P.

I like this issue, though it's not one of the best. I think the cat/pet ed is a bit disgusting, because of the cats and rats and everything. but the lily and gemma ed is really nice, a bit boring also. the natalia and eva ed's are the same as before.

15-05-2008
V.I.P.

Fusion Mood
Ph: Michelangelo di Battista
Model: Hana Soukupova
Makeup: Ellis Faas

faasmm

There's apparently 1 more image according to maya's review.

Last edited by *Bianca*; 15-05-2008 at 10:45 AM.

15-05-2008
V.I.P.

^ I like that, thanks!! And good to see Hana back into tracks... Maybe leaving DNA was a good move on her part, after all...

15-05-2008
V.I.P.

Vogue Suggestions
Ph: Carlotta Manaigo
Fashion Editor: Sara Maino
Model: Giedre Dukauskaite

fdib & pmst

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, eva, italia, meisel, mendes, steven, vogue