How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2009
V.I.P.

YAY!SASHA for Vogue Italia again!!!
SO HAPPY!

06-05-2009
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j'adorekapusta View Post
wonder who the boy (boys?) in Sasha's edit is?
I think they are Jeremy Simpson and Nate Gill, both from Major, but the eye makeup is quite misleading. Maybe you might want to check

06-05-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post

The editorial is good but it reminds me of Vogue Italia March 2007. Actually it's pretty much the same to me and I don't like it when Meisel does that with Sasha only because everyone knows she would look good in any picture with any theme he chooses her to spice up the not so original shoots. That's just my opinion.
i don't get this ...

why would it be bad ? it's not like meisel is repeating himself. he certainly had the same approach about working on a strong color scheme and composition for both stories. but that's all i see. there's no references here to design or geometry - that i saw on first sight, at least.
and unlike in memphis, i think here the styling and composition of photo in general work perfectly well together. it's really easy to read ... and less more 'eyes-schocking' that memphis intentions.

and i seriously don't understand why it would be bad a photographer has a style ...

06-05-2009
V.I.P.

^Not the editorial but Sasha only-girl with gaudy colours and different lights lying there looking at you out of the magazine similar poses. It's not like I compared the editorial two hours and made a similarities- and differences chart an it just feels too similar for me even if I'm the only one. I just don't need to see that again.

Photographer and style? That's what I don't get because I didn't write anything about his style since I think Meisel doesn't really have a signature style.

ETA: BerlinRocks I researched for the Memphis Belle Epoque editorial and I have to admit they aren't really similar but I just had those two pictures where Sasha was lying in my mind and yeah that's where it came from. Maybe I'm just not as happy about Sasha as I thought I would be.

Last edited by tocceve; 06-05-2009 at 11:01 AM.
06-05-2009

Echoes the Supreme show package for sure, but a stunning set. I just wish the Ingres-inspired shot was the cover instead...the extra flower prints make it seem like he has flaws in the photograph that need to be hidden.

06-05-2009
backstage pass

The main editorial reminds me a little bit of the 'Hammam' ed that Mert&Marcus did with Kate Moss in W Magazine. And I must say, in my point of view, that ed was way better and sexy.

06-05-2009
V.I.P.

^ They are not really similar though, Hammam is more of a Turkish bath theme

06-05-2009
backstage pass

Nice for Sasha to continue working with Meisel after all these years, she really is something special.

V.I.P.

i would have prefered another model besides this hideous mongrel, but the cover is great.

thanks for posting! can't wait to see what's inside!

backstage pass

^A review was already posted on page 2.

V.I.P.

^not a review..what's inside!

███████████████

i gree Marcel

06-05-2009
backstage pass

The cover is stunning, it really captures Sasha's beauty

How many pages does this issue have?

06-05-2009
boop

I'm a little tired of this Moroccan drag theme that seems to be popping up ever since the Supreme package. The package itself was stellar but now everyone has jumped on this bandwagon. First time around it seems intriguing, second time around it seems amusing, third and fourth time it just seems like the same old boring cultural appropriation that fashion falls back on every other season. It's amazing. Finding an Arab high fashion model is this impossible struggle yet dressing up a girl from Moscow as a Bedouin is high art. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.

And then six months from now it will be all about the indigenous people of Australia or maybe the Kayapo tribe. How chic!

Wake me when this is over. Meisel has a gift but I just find this sort of thing so prevalent in fashion and so goddamn boring.

Last edited by Luxx; 06-05-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Lulz
06-05-2009
V.I.P.

^what other eds from the last half year were inspired by that Supreme package? I'm curious to know.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, italia, meisel, pivovarova, sasha, steven, vogue