How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

10 pages of discussion just about the cover. Haven't seen this much controversy since the 'Haute Mess' editorial back in March. Vogue Italia definitely knows what they're doing.

30-10-2012
front row

**Edited** People are entitled to their opinions.

Last edited by BetteT; 30-10-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Please show respect for other members.
30-10-2012
front row

you have got to give her credit. she's taking the fashion world by storm.

30-10-2012
fashion icon

It's funny people ask "what' so special about Kate". I ask this question of any number of models- Katy Nescher, Constance Jablonski, Liu Wen, Daria Werbowy (yep, I think she's highly overrated), and all the other random models who look exactly alike.

30-10-2012
front row

^exactly. i so agree about the daria comment. i just don't see anything special about her. she looks clueless most of the times. i love constance and liu though.

30-10-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMonster View Post
Some people just need to grow some balls. People are entitled to their opinions.
ur right but theres a difference between an opinion and an insult, calling someone a slut is more on the insult side.
that said

I love it...supermodel 80's 90s sexy yet stil high fashion...I think we may have the next crossover supermodel. No wonder everyone in fashion is crazy about her

30-10-2012
clever ain't wise

I'm very impressed by how much she looks like Anita Ekberg here. What skill it takes to see that possibility and make it happen. Obviously she has the chest and the hair for it....but it takes so much more to make it work.

I have to agree with others before me..."Seductive"...seems a bit lame. I guess since most media is fixated on a different ideal, it's almost warranted to point out that natural tits are seductive. And that's where I can even find a reason for liking the tight brasiere - that is how *real* really large breasts look.....this can not be fake, it's simply too much juicy jiggle for that.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 30-10-2012 at 05:49 AM.
30-10-2012
V.I.P.

Don't know who's point I'm proving by posting this, but Kate's cover reminds me of Daria's October 2003 cover.

dirtylaceylaundry.tumblr.com
vogue.it

Last edited by mikel; 30-10-2012 at 04:47 AM.
30-10-2012
V.I.P.

Yet Daria's is so much more classy.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kate's cover. I just don't like and get Kate as a model herself.

30-10-2012
Mag Master

if this goes further, we'll maybe end up in a continuation thread
imo, she "deserves" this cover just because she polarizes so much....

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Yet Daria's is so much more classy.
But that's down to the elegant styling of the cover shot. This sort of direction can't be ruled as classy or sophisticated. And I love it for that. Your comment makes it seem the selected concept is Kate's fault.

I don't want to open a magazine and see women I could see walking out of a restaurant in the city (most of the time). I want to be wowed and stunned with something different. Kate, Meisel and whoever styled this have achieved that for me.

I'm just so thrilled that Meisel has shot Kate for both American and Italian Vogue. She's controversial and most argue whether she's a credit to the fashion industry. So, for a top top top photographer to give his seal of approval is an achievement in itself. Good for her, I hope there's more to come.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
It's funny people ask "what' so special about Kate". I ask this question of any number of models- Katy Nescher, Constance Jablonski, Liu Wen, Daria Werbowy (yep, I think she's highly overrated), and all the other random models who look exactly alike.
Have to agree about Kati and want to add Sigrid there. But Liu is really something special.
I just think Kate looks like a generic Playboy girl, the kind of standard hot girl I can't tell apart from the next. She is beautiful with a gorgeous body but she's just not high fashion. I can't see what's unique about her.

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

kate looks a lot like anita ekberg and that's a good thing...

Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Don't know who's point I'm proving by posting this
Don't know too. But I guess each will see the proof of his own thoughts and theories. To me, I'd say Kate's cover is better even if I prefer Daria by far. I've see hundreds of pictures where Daria looks much stronger, really expresses something and fits the theme/atmosphere. Kate's just perfect for the one she got this month while Daria's is pretty random (even if well styled) and she doesn't embody any distinctive character there.

PS: Any idea where/when we can see a preview of the main editorial, by any chance?

30-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Don't know who's point I'm proving by posting this, but Kate's cover reminds me of Daria's October 2003 cover.

[/SIZE]
Yeah I got the same when I saw the cover...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, italia, kate, meisel, november, steven, upton, vogue