How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
i think that if you are going to use kate for high fashion this is the way to do it. that being said i do not this she is high fashion, i don't like her look, and it kills me she is getting more space in vogue than other, more talented models, who have paid their dues.
I honestly can't believe that Kate has a VI cover and Natasha doesn't.

30-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
i think that if you are going to use kate for high fashion this is the way to do it. that being said i do not this she is high fashion, i don't like her look, and it kills me she is getting more space in vogue than other, more talented models, who have paid their dues.
They didn't throw her on the cover because she "paid her dues" it's a gimmick

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

^^my feelings, natasha definitely must have a VI cover

as for Kate's cover, i like this, but anyone could look good in this kind of shot. so nothing spectacular about it:/ congrats to her, though. her agents are doing an amazing work with her career...

Last edited by rockangel; 30-10-2012 at 03:48 PM.
30-10-2012
fashion elite

A huge Gimmick and when you lined up her cover it was not ground breaking it is IMO the worse so boring..
Posted via Mobile Device

30-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDillon View Post
People can gripe and moan about it all they want to, but when you line up all of this years covers, Kate's cover is one of the best. Easily in the top 3 or 4.
grr, my english really bad, but I hope you understand
So I think if they will make same make-up and hair to any model and to deliver her to the Kate's place I think cover could be really good as Kate's cover.

I think everybody should make their work, Kate should be swimwear model and not to pretend to be a supermodel.

Also I hate her boobs on the cover! She has just pretty face, nothing more tbh.

30-10-2012
trendsetter

Was never a fan of Kate's but good Lord, no need to degrade her. For the cover, I actually like it, even if it's "limited". I think the publicity she's had since her SI cover has catapulted her to be recognized in other realms of modeling even if it's temporary. She's milking her worth and why not? She's branding herself and very successfully.

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaDeva View Post
grr, my english really bad, but I hope you understand
So I think if they will make same make-up and hair to any model and to deliver her to the Kate's place I think cover could be really good as Kate's cover.

I think everybody should make their work, Kate should be swimwear model and not to pretend to be a supermodel.

There is nothing wrong with your English at all

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2theC View Post
well if i say "classic beauty", do you get what i mean?
i'm talking about beauty that people like marylin monroe, audrey hepburn, brigitte bardot or "lately" the 90s supermodels have defined.

if you have a look at the 90s e.g. you can hardly spot any androgyn, jug ears-possesing or ***Edited for weight talk*** models. so, I, personally, prefer models that women can look up to and men find beautiful and hot. i love the idea of victoria's secret models doing high fashion e.g. just like i love the idea that a "sexy" girl like kate does high fashion. its just so refreshing. but i know, that might be my very own opinion.
I'm pretty sure that women can look up to a less "classicaly" beautiful model as much as someone like Cindy Crawford, just because every woman is different and beautiful in her individuality. That being said, I'm happy when I see a curvier girl crossing over to the editorial world because this type of beauty is not represented enough in high fashion. It's really refreshing to see a body type such as Upton's on the cover of such a high end publication as Vogue Italia.

Last edited by Nepenthes; 30-10-2012 at 06:28 PM.
30-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Please understand the rules here .... it's not against any rule to "insult" a celebrity ... it's only against the rules to insult another member's opinion. So posts that are insult other members and their opinions are deleted. But most of the negative posts directed at the celebrity or model may remain, because we accept various opions, whether we agree or not.

Be careful when you disagree .... just say so and then make your own point, but don't insult the other posters.

Of course, if one person contunually makes insulting or extremely negative remarks about anything just for sensationalism but without advancing the dicusssion in any way is just trolling ... and those posts will be removed too. And it could impact their membership privileges, too.
I am sorry but I am talking about a comment i wrote yesterday about the members calling her names. I'v said nothing against those members or insult them in anyway. I just said I don't understand why the posts about the weight are deleted (the rules I know) but the very insulting ones are still there. And that was my comment, nothing more.

Now anyone can say whatever they want about Kate & this cover -that I find rather nice- but calling her names just because she dares to be on the cover of holy IV is taking the opinion a bit too far. Kate has what it takes to be a great model. That's a fashion magazine and magazines must sell to live and Kate sells magazines. Do the same cover with Lara Stone or Natasha Poly and put it on a non fashion blog or any gossip sites where a large majority of people are going to ask: "who is the girl anyway and who care about VI?!"
With this cover no one is going to ask "who is she?"
And that was the same thing with Claudia & Cindy & Naomi & *insert any super models name of the 90"s here* a long time ago.
What next? Vogue US? Sorry guys but be prepared!

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchkiki View Post
I am sorry but I am talking about a comment i wrote yesterday about the members calling her names. I'v said nothing against those members or insult them in anyway. I just said I don't understand why the posts about the weight are deleted (the rules I know) but the very insulting ones are still there. And that was my comment, nothing more.
And that post was off-topic, that is why it was deleted. If you have questions about how threads are moderated, you can contact a moderator, or you can post in the appropriate thread in member support.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
I honestly can't believe that Kate has a VI cover and Natasha doesn't.
Because there's no excitement with her anymore. She's boring now and basically does all of her shoots on auto-pilot just like Daria, Lara, Natalia, and Kate Moss. They all rely on their bone structure to do the job while looking completely devoid of true emotion. Kate is fresh. We've never seen her like this before. Yes, we've seen her cleavage but not through Meisel's meticulous lens. I'll be buying a few copies for sure.

Last edited by LabelWhore4; 30-10-2012 at 07:18 PM.
30-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchkiki View Post
I am sorry but I am talking about a comment i
What next? Vogue US? Sorry guys but be prepared!
I meant Vogue US cover.

you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaDeva View Post
That describes 98% of models, lbr.

30-10-2012
MON
V.I.P.

I kinda agree with JessieDillon that when compared to this year`s VI standard... it comes close with their best covers for the year

rising star

Um, I just have to say one thing:

I LOVE IT!

Sorry but I've warmed up to Kate and I think this will be a definitive cover in her career.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, italia, kate, meisel, november, steven, upton, vogue