How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
29-10-2012
  46
V.I.P.
 
KissMiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,502
why do ppl have a phobia for boobs here?! what's wrong with nice boobs? it is just a different type of beauty that Kate represents as opposite to Meghan(last month cover girl) for example... who is beautiful in her own way...

  Reply With Quote
 
29-10-2012
  47
V.I.P.
 
ForChicSake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,044
it's just a cover and will probably be her only one for VI and then they will move on to the next that's just how it works. this cover doesn't do anything for me but overall it's a good shot and she looks good.

  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  48
V.I.P.
 
Pradable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colombia
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,957
WoW! This is what I call a quite good cover. Thanks Meisel ♥

__________________
'I am so fab, check out I'm blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich and I'm a little bit of a bitch'
  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  49
V.I.P.
 
agee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,065
I like Kate and good for her for scoring a VI cover. I like it but I am not bowled over, it looks like it could be more refined, not la-di-da refined but technically refined like why is her left boob mashed up and something is off about the hair. Also I would personally liked to have seen more blue sky.

At times Kate Upton reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith, and Anna Nicole's images for Guess were fantabulous so that is not a bad thing in my book, but here she looks more like they are trying to channel the italiano-franco bombshells which is cool with me, I guess we'll know for sure when the editorial is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseCRocks View Post
It is predictable but that's what fashion does, when Lara came out they focused highly and mostly on her boobs and gap... and they do that with every model. Daphne's lips, Freja's androgyny, Candice's sexyness, Natasha's cheekbone's, etc etc, so why would Kate be an exception? Not every model can pull every look unless your Raquel or a couple other models... So I don't think the "predictability" is anything bad this early in her career, because she's barely starting, if in the future they keep exploiting her breasts and sexyness then that would be a problem, it will get boring.... Her body is not overrated its healthy and stunning.... Her personality its not shallow at all, its actually something fresh, she's funny, quirky, and goofy.... That's very shallow right? Now her longevity is still in question, but let just remember the last time Carine, Steven, Franca, and Anna supported a girl this much (Joan Smalls, Lara Stone etc etc) so by judging from the past she has very good chances to stay in the business. I'm not a fan of Kate and I understand some people don't like her for her previous work and that's godo also, but when judging an image you need forget the model and just appreciate and make your opinion and not from the model itself.... I can't stand Anja, and she's probably one of the models I detest the more, but there are quite many covers by her that are just stunning, and tbh people need to judge the image and not the model! She was obviously given the task to be seductive which she does so well!
Thank you for saving me the key strokes. It is very typical for a high fashion model to do the same dang look and vibe for dozens of projects before she branches out and Kate has actually done very few fashion eds, and I, for one, would be rolling my eyes so hard if they had gone the black or platinum wig, bleached brows route.


Last edited by agee; 29-10-2012 at 10:18 AM.
  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  50
V.I.P.
 
KissMiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,502
I also think people overestimate the importance of getting the cover of VI. In terms of modelling success it by no means make you a supermodel or a success story. It might contribute greatly but not decisively. I think you get much more recognition or publicity if you end up on the American or British edition of Vogue… simply because they have more readers than any other editions…
Good for her anyway... I think Meisel works the best with less obvious choices... this shot is really good... and it is by no means forgettable which most of Steven's recent work is...

  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  51
fashion icon
 
kwonsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,144
Shock! I love it.

  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  52
trendsetter
 
Greenway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,307
This is beautiful, the colours and the close up really work for Kate's advantage.
Probably one of the best VI covers this year!

__________________
snejana
tumblr
  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  53
fashion elite
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,637
I don't think Kate good choice for Vogue ITALIA (!) cover

  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  54
V.I.P.
 
Marc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brazil
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseCRocks View Post
It is predictable but that's what fashion does, when Lara came out they focused highly and mostly on her boobs and gap... and they do that with every model. Daphne's lips, Freja's androgyny, Candice's sexyness, Natasha's cheekbone's, etc etc, so why would Kate be an exception? Not every model can pull every look unless your Raquel or a couple other models... So I don't think the "predictability" is anything bad this early in her career, because she's barely starting, if in the future they keep exploiting her breasts and sexyness then that would be a problem, it will get boring.... Her body is not overrated its healthy and stunning.... Her personality its not shallow at all, its actually something fresh, she's funny, quirky, and goofy.... That's very shallow right? Now her longevity is still in question, but let just remember the last time Carine, Steven, Franca, and Anna supported a girl this much (Joan Smalls, Lara Stone etc etc) so by judging from the past she has very good chances to stay in the business. I'm not a fan of Kate and I understand some people don't like her for her previous work and that's godo also, but when judging an image you need forget the model and just appreciate and make your opinion and not from the model itself.... I can't stand Anja, and she's probably one of the models I detest the more, but there are quite many covers by her that are just stunning, and tbh people need to judge the image and not the model! She was obviously given the task to be seductive which she does so well!
The only difference is that Lara, Freja, Natasha, etc, all have the ability to pull off more than one look. Lara goes from CK Underwear bombshell to Couture model in a blink of an eye, Freja can easily be feminine and androgynous. Kate can't, this is the only look that works for her, the Playboy bunny/Jayne Mansfield type. That's why I don't see what's so especial about her, tons of girls can rock that look better than her. Hell even if we look at SI, Bar Refaeli is much more beautiful and interesting. As for her looks and personality, we'll agree to disagree.

__________________
i don't know her. claudia schiffer doesn't know her. she was never in paris, we don't know her.
  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  55
front row
 
pivoslyakova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chile
Gender: femme
Posts: 315
i dont dislike or hate the picture, it doesnt look bad, its okay, but i dont think it fits vogue italia, at least to me, it looks glamourous but when i think of vogue italia i think of sophistication and artistic covers, not this

__________________
Sasha Vlada
  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  56
trendsetter
 
VogueDisciple93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,053
I still have no clue where she came from, and why she sparks a riot every time she get's a HF cover or spread. Was she a porn star or something of the sort? Well whatever the reason for reaching where she is, it must be something massive, because she is very bland girl in my opinion. If she is your answer for the great supermodels, you guys must be VERY desperate.

As for this cover, she looks trampy, not "seductive," very Anna Nicole. But it works for VI.

  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  57
V.I.P.
 
zacatecas570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Everywhere!
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,021
She looks actually really good, for one moment when I saw it on my phone I thought it was Lily Donaldson.

__________________
I NATASHA POLY
River Viiperi | Caroline Brasch Nielsen | Julian Schratter
Twitter: THEOTHERFASHION | Tumblr: THEOTHERFASHION
  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  58
V.I.P.
 
LUXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,287
She looks very Anita Ekberg here. Meisel likes her though so expect to see more, he even gave a quote to the recent piece Vogue did on her.

  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  59
backstage pass
 
Egoiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lithuania
Gender: homme
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaDeva View Post
I don't think Kate good choice for Vogue ITALIA (!) cover
agree, but for me it's beautiful, very vintage. Do i want see her again on VI ? No

  Reply With Quote
29-10-2012
  60
fashion insider
 
GERGIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
The only difference is that Lara, Freja, Natasha, etc, all have the ability to pull off more than one look. Lara goes from CK Underwear bombshell to Couture model in a blink of an eye, Freja can easily be feminine and androgynous. Kate can't, this is the only look that works for her, the Playboy bunny/Jayne Mansfield type. That's why I don't see what's so especial about her, tons of girls can rock that look better than her. Hell even if we look at SI, Bar Refaeli is much more beautiful and interesting. As for her looks and personality, we'll agree to disagree.
Have you not seen her Jalouse editorial spread? You should take time to look at her work she's been given before making an absurd comparison with her and other models.

Man this is like last year with how everyond disliked Arizona Muse's face all over. And being a big Arizona fan I think Kate has shown even more potential in this industry than most newcomers...I am so fed up with alien faces, give me bombshell blonde beauties!

__________________
[You Can't Fake It]
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, italia, kate, meisel, november, steven, upton, vogue
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.