How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

^^ Amen!

29-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
... I am so fed up with alien faces, give me bombshell blonde beauties!
just buy a Playboy then

29-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagFan View Post
just buy a Playboy then
If that's an insult then you really didn't pull that off very well, considering industry icons like Lily Cole, Lara Stone, Daisy Lowe, have had Playboy covers and editorials they're still high fashion models.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
^How is she different than some random 15yo landing the cover only to blip out in less than a year?
I know right? Kate can't have a VI cover because it's too soon, yet that blip in July 2011 got the cover and nobody blinks an eye.

I'm not a big Kate fan per se but the cover is visually pleasing enough for me to not care who's on it. That having been said, I hope the colors don't look as bright in real life, they cheapen the whole thing.

fashion elite

lily cole and daisy lowe are not industry icons......not even close.

im tired of all the hypes surround kate upton. i dont think anything special about this girl. u can see millions of girls with kate upton's face on the street.

clearly meisel loves this girl, first vogue us and now cover of vogue italia. what's next? campaign for prada?

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
Have you not seen her Jalouse editorial spread?
The one where she's rocking a huge cleavage on the cover and has the same pose and face in every pic? Yes, unfortunately.

she's got the look

She has really grown on me! The styling is indeed predictable but I couldn't be happier for her. She's doing a great job.
I'm sorry but you just can't judge a model by her Sports Illustrated cover/spread

V.I.P.

Stunning cover.
Not really typical for VI, but I never mind
a stunning close-up as the cover!

don't look down

This is the sort of VI cover I've been waiting for. I like it when the experimental stories are interspersed with months where the cover shoot is more glamorous, because seeing each style of lead story makes me appreciate the variety that can and should exist in fashion.
Posted via Mobile Device

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
i dont think anything special about this girl. u can see millions of girls with kate upton's face on the street.
But why is this such a bad thing? Why should I be more impressed with or root more for a model with a strange / exotic face than an ordinarily attractive / classic face when it it all it boils down to the genetic lottery? A lot of the editorials that I see featuring girls with alien or exotic features, the model is just there and the theme, styling, set and photography do all the work. I don't think that you can look at it in a blanket way, any girl with any look can be the flavor of the moment based on the whims of TPTB, but most of the models who have longevity, whether she has a unique look like Sasha Pivovarova or someone more classic like Heidi Klum, there is usually something special about them that makes them last in the business beyond their exotic or classic DNA.

Last edited by agee; 29-10-2012 at 12:01 PM.
29-10-2012
front row

She is Newtonesque.
If Helmut Newton was still alive he will be totally in love with her.

fashion elite

if kate is a serious model then all her pictures shouldn't be about her boobs.

cosmo, vogue, si, eds.............her boobs are the clear focus. she has one of the worst bodies in the industry.

judging by all the pics of kate upton, this girl wont last in the hf industry. she should stay in the commercial route.

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
It feels quite lowbrow for them, that's nothing to do with Upton and everything to do with the styling when combined with the cityscape backdrop.
This.

Im whatever about Kate, she is cute and all, but there are just so many other good models I'd love to see on VI cover...

Too much hype. Too much "boob". Nope, not for me, thank you very much.

V.I.P.

I should have seen this coming, I actually really like it... Kate did a good job!

29-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliax View Post
This.

Im whatever about Kate, she is cute and all, but there are just so many other good models I'd love to see on VI cover...

Too much hype. Too much "boob". Nope, not for me, thank you very much.
I almost think it is refreshing to see Kate on the cover, yes there are a lot of "good models" but how many of these models are similar to one another?

Kate is honestly the direction that I see models going in, there are too many models in this industry as it is and now they need something else to set them apart. All these girls aren't going to IMG to just be there, they are trying to create brands - and with all these models nowadays I don't think that is a silly thing to do

I love this cover and applaud Mr.Meisel for being the visionary he always has been!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, italia, kate, meisel, november, steven, upton, vogue