How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

Vogue Italia November 2012 : Kate Upton by Steven Meisel

vogue.it

29-10-2012
trendsetter

I think this cover/thread is going to be controversial with some TFS members.
But I don't mind this. A bit stereotypical of Kate's 'look' but it is a resolved image/concept compared to their previous covers this year.

Last edited by AL92; 29-10-2012 at 08:05 AM.

29-10-2012
backstage pass

Oh God, no. People talking about horses on covers and then we have a glamour model on the cover of the most notorious fashion magazine. I prefer the horses.

V.I.P.

Huge Disappointment. Looks like a high fashion version of a GQ cover.

29-10-2012
fashion insider

What a bombshell. It reminds me of 90s supermodels. Kate is snatching wigs and upsetting "fashionistas" here and there, I love it.

Last edited by Morphe; 29-10-2012 at 08:06 AM.
29-10-2012
fashion icon

I should have seen this coming, but I really didn't. Gimme some time to formulate an opinion, because right now I'm at a lost for words.

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

they tried so hard to make her look sophisticated but utterly failed....

29-10-2012
fashion elite

Whwn I saw the title I was like why??
But this is just so gorgeus. Not only the best Kate has ever looked but the best Vogue Italia cover produced this year. Looks like those classic 2005/07 works. Perfect!

29-10-2012
windowshopping

I understand the fact that her transformation from sexy to high fashion was shocking and upsetting because of what kind of model she was, but I think its time now to let that go, obviously Carine Rotfeld, Anna Wintour, Steven Meisel, and now Franca are supporting her, so I don't think she's going anywhere, so I would hope people will start making judgement out of the actual image and not out of her reputation as the model she was... Now on that note, the image is stunning! She looks "seductive" like the title of the issue, and, in my opinion, leaving her reputation to the side, not trashy at all. Just the perfect balance. She has a face that translates well into the sexy market but can do high fashion too, again in my opinion.

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

I think she looks like Anita Ekberg from La Dolce Vita... + a bit of young Claudia Schiffer... nothing wrong with this cover... not a typical Vogue Italia...

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

I so welcome this! Man its great to see a sexy model like her back on the cover of VI! Meisel always loved his bombshells, from Shana to the supermodels. But i disagree with someone who said they tried to make her look chic, i dont get that at all! All i see here is them going all out with the right model.

29-10-2012
Some Like It Hot

She looks like Anna Nicole Smith here...

I have nothing against her, but I don't see 'Seductive' I see unashamedly slutty-ness, I think they should have challenged her ability to be sexy, we've seen it portrayed in such a varied way and to take the obvious approach with her is quite frankly very lazy.

V.I.P.

well i personally think kate looks absolutely stunning on the cover! i think some people hate everything she does (just because), but i think she has really delivered lately! she indeed looks like a 90s supermodel!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseCRocks View Post
I understand the fact that her transformation from sexy to high fashion was shocking and upsetting because of what kind of model she was, but I think its time now to let that go, obviously Carine Rotfeld, Anna Wintour, Steven Meisel, and now Franca are supporting her, so I don't think she's going anywhere, so I would hope people will start making judgement out of the actual image and not out of her reputation as the model she was... Now on that note, the image is stunning! She looks "seductive" like the title of the issue, and, in my opinion, leaving her reputation to the side, not trashy at all. Just the perfect balance. She has a face that translates well into the sexy market but can do high fashion too, again in my opinion.
i agree with everything said.

fashion elite

This cover is OUTSTANDING, great job, Kate looks wonderful

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, italia, kate, meisel, november, steven, upton, vogue