How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2010
backstage pass

the review sounds promising!ohh i simply cannot wait to see all the things!

30-08-2010
starving hysterical naked

I like the main editorial. It doesn't wow me but as a studio shoot it totally fulfills my expectations. Nevertheless I was hoping that Steven would squeezed out something unexpected in Miranda, and what I'm seeing here is nothing that I couldn't have envisionned from her. In that I prefer her latest work with Numéro in which she was portrayed as unpredictably sullen and.. different.

front row

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ALDRIDGE AND ROVERSI IN ONE ISSUE? HAPPINESS!!!
i need to have it asap! it looks so good!
but, i only got the september issue 3 days ago...i will have to wait...maybe it won't even arrive here...

30-08-2010
clo
V.I.P.

Don't worry windlagoon, I think the magazine may get here in 7 to 10 days. I know, it seems such a long wait!!!

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerq View Post
it's all about opinions and expectations,if the latter isn't met the former occurs.
20 years or not people can tell when something is good and when they suck.
Completely agree, especially when someone is a faithful fan of Italian Vogue publication and has been following it for years. After all Italian Vogue is made for fashion masses(to sell) and having a smiley portrait of a commercial girl on the cover is hardly fashion forward, it's rather fashion backwards excluding the real target group by changing the direction completely towards a commercial appeal!

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

From Couture Supplement

Like A Movie
Elisa Sednaoui by Miles Aldridge
Styled by Alice Gentilucci

fashiongonerogue

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |PerfectTonight| View Post
Completely agree, especially when someone is a faithful fan of Italian Vogue publication and has been following it for years. After all Italian Vogue is made for fashion masses(to sell) and having a smiley portrait of a commercial girl on the cover is hardly fashion forward, it's rather fashion backwards excluding the real target group by changing the direction completely towards a commercial appeal!
thank you

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

The Aldridge editorial looks awesome! Can't wait to see the other eds

30-08-2010
trendsetter

you couldn't have said better |PerfectTonight|, maybe some people need to look in the Meisel archive to see some eds from 3-5 years ago.
i remember reading his interview in 032c magazine, and he said his favourite editorials were the rehab and the state of emergency eds, the ones that create controversy and push the boundaries, oh and the killer ed inspirred from sim city.
this is just to safe to feature as a cover, and don't get me started on the dog, it's just so teen vogue.

trendsetter

this must be the weakest september issue of italian vogue that i have memory!

30-08-2010
backstage pass

I forgot this was a septmeber issue, doesnt look or seem like one at all, i like the Elisa ed, cant wait to see the rest of the content

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |PerfectTonight| View Post
If the September issue of Vogue Italia has the same significance as it does for US fashion magazines then September is not fashion forward month September is about selling more magazines than you do in the other eleven months so that the advertisers who put ads in the September issue (the most ad intensive month) will return next September and will hopefully also buy some ad space or increase their ad buys in the other non-September months.

ETA:
I am not saying that it was the only option, but putting a commercial girl on the cover for the most important month commercially makes sense.

Last edited by agee; 30-08-2010 at 04:54 PM.
30-08-2010
backstage pass

klein doesn't have the cover or even an ed in the couture supplement? WOW

you soft and only

^ I breathed a sigh of relief when I noticed that.

30-08-2010
don't look down

This cover shot is simply part of a Vogue Italia pattern that occurs each and every year, where one or two issues will feature a more simplistic interpretation of fashion and beauty as the lead story.

However, they hardly ever occur as part of the March or September issues, and that's why I understand the disappointment. Because we've seen so many 'big' issues open with an cover story based on Blade Runner or Rosemary's Baby or something that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, we've come to expect a certain standard of lead editorial, even more so than we do every month.

But there's bound to be so much more in this issue...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, italia, kerr, meisel, miranda, september, steven, vogue