How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

Very disappointed at this. What is this exactly? How do you follow last month with this?
It's like when your favorite band releases a stellar album, then follows it with absolute crap in comparison. This is all very tongue-in-cheek.

28-08-2010
the power of will

Well... the 3D idea is quite innovative of course, but honestly, I totally don't care for 3D. The cover looks like it was made this (read:boring) way, beause they hope everyone loves 3D and it will be enough to make everyone excited and enough to make up for that piece of boredom.

Stop wherever you find yourself.
28-08-2010
rising star

May be it's not the 'real' cover, Miranda and Frankie look gorgeous but may be there's another cover?

28-08-2010
fashion elite

^Doubtful, very doubtful.
Frankie looks too cute.

tfs star

How the hell do you go from something with such a strong social message like "water and Oil" to shopping around with my puppy?????....Meisel is back to being bland, so bad...

28-08-2010
God Save McQueen

This is so lame. The 3D doesn't fit the content of the piece. The cover looks like some People Magazine/Parade Magazine celebrity fluff piece and the ed is typical GQ sex kitten stuff.

It's as if Meisel didn't even try to make the shoot interesting because he knew they were doing the 3d gimmick. Why actually make a decent editorial when you can jump on a trendy bandwagon to get people to buy the issue? The 3D is just going to be tits.

28-08-2010
don't look down

It's Saturday night, and I'm sitting here, wondering if I really want to see Miranda's tits in 3D. Certainly, some might - but I'm only thinking of myself. Because to think of others is to start imagining a 3D magazine universe with endless editorials of Lara and Eniko in the nude, and people rushing home to cut holes in the page.

This cover reminds me of when Gisele wouldn't go anywhere without Vida - another Yorkshire Terrier - who must be a venerable age by now.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgl View Post
The cover is so cute, love it!
BTW, if you are trying to browse tfS secretly at school, do not read a thread title and go "No way!" out loud
I said what the actual and gave my friend that look like Regina George when she found out Janis Ian was nominated for Spring Fling Queen.
I love having the September issues of VI but when Meisel puts people I don't like on the cover I don't buy it no matter how good the rest of it may be.

V.I.P.

I really like this cover. Seems like worth buying

backstage pass

OK you guys i know the cover might seem very plain and boring but you gotta see it in 3D to appreciate it a little more! I just put on some 3D glasses (courtesy of the new A|X ads in my Sept. GQ) and I must say the dog is the star of that cover! He pops out completely and looks too adorable that you almost believe Miranda is just a prop of sorts! But that is were the interest for any of this (thus far) ends. I'm curious to see the rest of the issue before I completely brush this off as plain and boring.

You must give Meisel a little bit of credit though. The man always captures what is going on in the world of pop culture and put his own spin on it. Featuring 3D editorial is his take on all the 3d hype you see with these blockbuster hit movies nowadays i suppose. It's not all original but very much relevant.

28-08-2010
fashion elite

Miranda actually looks really good here but as always there are 42859 models who would have looked better. It's like they were intentionally going for something really commercial instead of just attempting a classic cover and ending up with something dull. They've got a commercial face smiling sweetly and they even managed to squeeze an adorable little puppy onto the cover, it's like the exact opposite to the august cover.

28-08-2010
trendsetter

There's almost an 80's Brooke Shields vibe to it, I love it.

28-08-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
It's Saturday night, and I'm sitting here, wondering if I really want to see Miranda's tits in 3D. Certainly, some might - but I'm only thinking of myself. Because to think of others is to start imagining a 3D magazine universe with endless editorials of Lara and Eniko in the nude, and people rushing home to cut holes in the page.

This cover reminds me of when Gisele wouldn't go anywhere without Vida - another Yorkshire Terrier - who must be a venerable age by now.
Jajajaja... wonder the same.
you made my day with the 3D tits comment.
jajajajajajaja

28-08-2010
front row

3D tits - hahaha

Well I'll reserve judgement till I see it but it seems rather gimicky.

Vogue Italia looks so old these days. Time for a shake up.

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

Miranda actually looks quite decent on this cover, i don't get the hate but i suppose it's because
i'm just apathetic to anything by VS models this season. though i reckon i would've liked it better
if that pooch was the only one on the cover. but i jest. hope the content's good for this one.

Last edited by AgrenateD; 28-08-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, italia, kerr, meisel, miranda, september, steven, vogue