How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

Vogue Italia September 2010 : Miranda Kerr by Steven Meisel

vogue.it

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
A magazine that escapes its own pages to become real in the hands of its readers. It reinvents itself and - first among fashion magazines - challenges, once again, the strict schemes of printed paper. Vogue's new frontier is called 3D. Because enclosed in the September issue of Vogue Italia (today in newsstands in Milan, from the beginning of next week in the rest of Italy) you'll find a special pair of 3D vision glasses.

You'll just need to wear them to see the cover and the cover story Miranda - shot by photography master Steven Meisel - which is to be read and seen from a different perspective.

The protagonist of the 22 pages of the photo shoot with such powerful visual impact is Australian top model Miranda Kerr.

Thanks to the possibility of seeing in three dimensions, Vogue images will acquire a totally new power, crossing the borders of fashion photo shoots, to strengthen even more the very high quality pictures, which have always been the trademark of the magazine.

Cover and cover story, but that's not all: for Vogue Italia readers the 3D surprises of the September issue carry on in The Scent of the Future, a story shot by Tim Walker.

On the cover:
Natural beauty, as interpreted by Miranda Kerr and her breathtaking appeal. A sublime makeup is her ally. With an outdoor foundation like Double Wear, which guarantees a soft color, and maintains it all day long.

On the cheeks, a pastel nuance from Silky Powder Blush, in Tender Petal. On the eyelids, a nude tonality and dark shadows near the lashes: these are shades from the mono-shades by Pure Color Eyeshadow, in Fresh Nude and Sugar Biscuit.

A touch of light on the lips with Pure Color Gloss in Twilight Petal: a high-impact, long-lasting shine. All by Estée Lauder. Coat in stretch ciré with knit, fur trimmed collar, Prada. Earrings, Ted Muehling; watch Cartier. Choker necklace, Gucci. Hair Oribe using Oribe Hair Care. Makeup Pat McGrath. Fashion editor Karl Templer.
vogue.it

28-08-2010
fashion insider

yaaaay! just seen this via twitter as well. so excited for miranda. she is definitely killing it.

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

Wow!
That is really nice.
Thanks tarsha

28-08-2010
you soft and only

I kind of love this.

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

I don't like Miranda Kerr but I'm excited about 3D, hope the issue will have great content to make me buy it, because that cover does nothing for me.

28-08-2010
front row

when i saw who was on the cover i groaned out loud so hard.

but... i don't know. i don't hate it. and 3D will be interesting.

28-08-2010
starving hysterical naked

I find myself speechless at this cover, but it's out of... un-inspiration. There are many elements that I appreciate - Miranda as a Vogue Italia covergirl, the smirk she wears, the Prada outfit which compliments the "Vision of feminity" theme in that the Prada show was also celebrating womanliness... But overall I miss the awe-factor. On one hand it's a step-back from last month's issue inspiration and visual-wise, but on the other hand the model choice is bold and bound to arouse curiosity (to say the least) as virtually everything Vogue Italia produces.

Will the 3D glasses be available for worldwide readers? I'm excited to see something different from Italian Vogue, yay!
And the cover is lovely.

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

Miranda looks beautiful but whats with the dog? Overall, an awful cover. Nothing will beat September 2006 cover for me. It was perfection.

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

OMG it's so boring!! That looks like a cover of People magazine, but not a September issue of Vogue Italia!

28-08-2010
V.I.P.

Ohmygod! I am so happy right now! So this is what she was talking about! This is really huge. I wish I can have this in my hands. Shaking and crying

28-08-2010
scenester

I'm really happy for miranda, that's a huuuuge deal.... having said that, I couldn't care less about the cover itself... specially after kristen's cover, I mean really, just because it's in 3D, it doesn't mean they didn't need to put more creative effort in it other than the puppy... it's pointless, and sort of a waste of model and of an opportunity to change some standards...

28-08-2010
fashion insider

Im not in love with this cover but the idea is pretty cool

28-08-2010
trendsetter

She looks very pretty and I love it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, italia, kerr, meisel, miranda, september, steven, vogue