How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2012
backstage pass

Upon seeing the cover I wasnt expecting much from the main ed, but i fricken lovvvee it!! It is a strange twisted Cindy Sherman-esque/80's/eurotrash mix, and Carolyn does a great job conveying the characters.

Eniko is great in her ed, surprising I like Unwerths work of late, but Mcdean's seems boring, maybe will be better in HQ.

30-08-2012
Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
Dolce & Gabbana Couture by Paolo Roversi
Facebook/Brave Models
Another one

Facebook/AMQ Models

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

30-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darri View Post
Upon seeing the cover I wasnt expecting much from the main ed, but i fricken lovvvee it!! It is a strange twisted Cindy Sherman-esque/80's/eurotrash mix, and Carolyn does a great job conveying the characters.

Eniko is great in her ed, surprising I like Unwerths work of late, but Mcdean's seems boring, maybe will be better in HQ.
Technically the masks did a great job at conveying the characters.

30-08-2012

What a dull issue... Looks like the most boring September issue of the year.

Last edited by Kanna; 30-08-2012 at 09:41 AM.
30-08-2012
fashion insider

Eniko's ed is hauntingly good!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Milla Jovovich by Peter Lindbergh
Editor: Jacob K

[my snaps]

backstage pass

I've eaten my words with couple of previous issues, when they didn't really live up to the expectations, but this one is quite good. I disagree about the 'weakest Sep issue', it seems as best executed and offers great deal of variety as well as most stimulative stories out of all, esp. stying-wise.
Milla's ed is howling! And there's still Turbeville to come...
Anyways, thank you so much for the snaps tentalicious!

30-08-2012
V.I.P.

I love 'More And More Beautiful' . McDean/Templer rarely goes amiss for me, even though IDK why they work together @ VI when they already have a platform for their collaborations.

Lindbergh seems to offer a lot too, although I'm not really one for his 'protest' editorials...at least not when they don't make enough sense...IMO.

The less I say about Meisel's editorial the better though...I have gone from anticipating his every work to loathing every one, in the space of two years or so.

Last edited by Fiercification; 30-08-2012 at 11:13 AM.
30-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
It was just this summer that Carolyn Murphy left her idyllic Brentwood, CA digs for a grand return to NYC—yes, cue the Rocky soundtrack, the supermodel was getting back into the high-fashion game (not that she ever really left; call it the earned privilege of being extra-choosy). And now, cementing Murphy’s don’t-call-it-a-comeback is the cover of September Vogue Italia: clad in Prada and shot by Steven Meisel (with makeup by Pat McGrath), Murphy stands out as a modern-day Hitchcock heroine in a pile of eerie rubberized masks. The issue is titled “Multifaceted Women,” and, it turns out, Murphy had absolutely no idea she’d made the cover.

We caught up with the laid-back blonde (currently soaking up the last days of summer sun in Montauk) earlier this week:

“Nobody told me!” she said of the cover. “I didn’t even know the story was called ‘Multifaceted Women.’ When I shot the story, I was so delirious because I was coming out of shooting a television show until, like, three in the morning and had slept two hours and then went right into that shoot. And, even if someone tells you it’s a cover story, you know, I don’t really believe it until I see it.”

Hearing our take on the image, she said, “It’s funny you say Hitchcock because that’s exactly what I thought. That, and that Twilight Zone episode with the pig snouts… I love that this story has what I call a ‘good-sick’ thing to it, this twistedness to it, yet it’s quite classic… Steven [Meisel] is a genius.” As for his inspiration, Murphy explained, “The concept is based on something called ‘masking,’ which I had no clue about until Steven was like, ‘You’ve gotta come see this.’ It’s a twisted hobby, it’s not something I’d be into, but I’ll just say it’s fascinating.*”

Murphy continued, “They had all these prosthetics made for the shoot—masks—and I walked onto a set somewhere in New Jersey, having had no sleep, and I thought, ‘Oh my god, this is so bizarre.’ But then we started naming the masks and having fun with them… But really, the killer part of it was seeing Pat McGrath at work. It’s one thing to feel her hand on your face and feel like a living canvas, but it’s another to see her work on somebody else, or on these masks. She and her team were airbrushing them, and really bringing all these rubber faces to life. It was amazing. When you’re working with Steven and Pat and the team, you’re in good hands. There’s trust; it’s like family.”
[via intothegloss.com & fashioncopious]

V.I.P.

^ Thanks for posting that, its nice to hear from models about the making of these covers, and thanks tentalicious for all the snaps. Perhaps not the most exciting Sept issue, bit love the cover ed.

30-08-2012
fashion icon

Milla & Lindbergh... always a great combo.

30-08-2012
backstage pass

I don't think it's the worst September Issue either, maybe it's not heaven but I enjoy seeing Eniko and Amber. The Main story is very creepy and seem to enjoy that, the D&G couture shots are not bad at all. But then Milla is my ultimate favorite, just a amazing duo!

Tentalicious just some questions, so they're in total 2 supplements? and how many pages does the issue have? TIA

V.I.P.

Some great talent in this issue, Milla's cover is exceptional!

V.I.P.

^^
MAIN ISSUE: 550P
+ 3 SUPPLEMENTS:
*HAUTE COUTURE: 144P
*Dolce & Gabbana: 28P
*VOGUE TALENTS: 34P

Hell on Heels

only paolo roversi could make that mess of a collection work. some of the photos in the dolce and gabbana supplement are very beautiful, but Milla's ed is my favourite thing about this issue. it features 70s artworks from Jenny Holzer and i love the agit-prop atmosphere of it all. amazing

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, carolyn, italia, meisel, murphy, september, steven, vogue