Vogue Italia September 2016 by Steven Meisel - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2016
fashion icon

Someone like Sarah Moon should be here shoting couture and Demarchelier in Town & Country or any other magazines no one cares about. Vogue US, Vogue UK, VI, VP, Vogue Australia, VR, Vogue Germany, Vogue China, Allure, Interview, Love, W,.. is way too long list of magazines for this old man and his boring photography

13-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivano View Post
Yes! It is, but since I read this interview we should consider that the couture supplements are actually two more issues per year:
Thanks so much for that quote, Ivano! Pretty much sums up what I've been harping on and on about in every VI thread ever since Meisel went on short time. Of course she said it way before that happened, but it's probably more apt now.

The couture supplement is what I most look forward to every March and September. Unfortunately it fails to impress me. I mean, Demarchelier vs Roversi?? These images reeks of the half-baked kitchiness of American Harper's Bazaar. I get that it's something different, but it's not my thing.

20-09-2016
backstage pass

A question to those, who bought the issue: did you have the couture supplement in the bundle? I'm surprised that the only things in mine were the accessory and Vogue talents supplements, but no couture!

backstage pass

In the digital version (via zinio.com) the couture supplement went with the magazine.

25-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianelf View Post
A question to those, who bought the issue: did you have the couture supplement in the bundle? I'm surprised that the only things in mine were the accessory and Vogue talents supplements, but no couture!
I've heard a few others complaining about the lack of couture supplement in their bundles too, which is a real shame since the vast majority tend to enjoy the couture supplements with March and September (often more than the main issue itself).

Thankfully, my copy came with Vogue Unique and the other freebies too - as I'd want it to for nearly £10.00. I was also amazed that the store I order Italian Vogue from, received Bella Hadid's cover because I'm usually forced to buy a cover I'm not very fond of (would've been content with Lulu's cover too).

25-09-2016
don't look down

In my store, the issues on sale came wrapped with all the supplements - although there was every cover BUT Bella's to choose from!

25-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
In my store, the issues on sale came wrapped with all the supplements - although there was every cover BUT Bella's to choose from!
Part of the reason why I still don't have my issue! I'll rather wait until I found that one, I find it quite memorable. I keep telling the girl at the bookstore to order at least a few different options when there's a multi cover, but it seems it goes into the one ear, and out of the other. And I mean, you'd think with Bella being the most famous of all four, they'd invest in more of her cover. I could try to order it online on course, but then it probably wouldn't come with the supplements, I think.

25-09-2016
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianelf View Post
I was about to post and ask the same thing! I found this issue in my local bookstore. It was shrinkwrapped in the original package I believe and there was no couture supplement!

Now seeing some of your replies I am wondering if this is some "production error" that they forgot to put the supplement into some of the copies...

26-09-2016
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry View Post
Now seeing some of your replies I am wondering if this is some "production error" that they forgot to put the supplement into some of the copies...
Or perhaps made their supplements available only in specific regions? For example, we don't get UK Vogue supplements here. On the other hand, the issue still came with the vogue talents and accessory supplements - it would've probably been easier for them to give those the chop instead!

trendsetter

High Quality

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Vogue Italia #793
Fashion Of The Times
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Olivier Rizzo
Set Design: Stefan Beckman
Production: PRODn at Art + Commerce
Covers: Frederikke Sofie,Bella Hadid,Kiki Willems & Lulu
Editorial Models: Alicia Burke, Amelia Rose, Asia Chow, Bella Hadid, Frederikke Sofie, Karen Elson, Karlie Kloss, Kelly Mittendorf, Kiki Willems & Lulu
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido
Manicure: Jin Soon Choi

Source: Vogue Italia Digital

11-01-2017
trendsetter

Source: Vogue Italia Digital

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, frederikke, italia, meisel, september, sofie, steven, vogue