Vogue Japan February 2016 : Doutzen Kroes by Patrick Demarchelier - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines

21-12-2015
fashion icon

As low as this magazine has gone over the past few years (Kendall and Rosie) I would have never expected it to get this bad. It looks like a 9 year old styled her. The over sexualized hair and make up mixed with the flowers and a praire-esque outfit makes for a strange and ugly combination.

If the sound of music featured prostitutes instead of children she would fit right in.

tfs star

Just awful, Vogue Japan. Really atrocious.

21-12-2015
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
It's like they hired a low rent drag impersonator of Doutzen. Pageant queens have better hair and makeup than that. Come on.

What is happening with Vogue Japan? In what dimension, universe, and galaxy is this considered high fashion worthy of being on the cover of Vogue?

This magazine is dead and I won't get tired of saying that thread after thread.
Good grief, it's the cover of a fashion magazine. Can we honestly tone down the faux horror and vitriol? This isn't the first time there's been a ugly tacky cover for Vogue. It's exhausting reading these HORRIFIED comments about the ugly covers in every Vogue topic. It's not like ugly Vogue covers are a new thing, not even close. I think people's expectations have become warped (god knows why) and now expect something more than these magazines were ever capable of producing. It's foolish to even DREAM of every single edition of Vogue having flawless Meisel-esque covers.

Last edited by blueorchid; 21-12-2015 at 08:50 AM.
21-12-2015
V.I.P.

I honestly can't stand Doutzen anymore. I find her stale. There is never anything new when she is photographed. I know how it's going to look... Ugh. It's like Rosie and the VS army...

Don't even know why I bother about Vogue Japan anymore. I don't consider it a bluechip masthead.

21-12-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
Good grief, it's the cover of a fashion magazine. Can we honestly tone down the faux horror and vitriol? This isn't the first time there's been a ugly tacky cover for Vogue. It's exhausting reading these HORRIFIED comments about the ugly covers in every Vogue topic. It's not like ugly Vogue covers are a new thing, not even close. I think people's expectations have become warped (god knows why) and now expect something more than these magazines were ever capable of producing. It's foolish to even DREAM of every single edition of Vogue having flawless Meisel-esque covers.
Really? Did you follow fashion magazines ten years ago? VJ included. It was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

21-12-2015
fashion elite

Lol, this is laughable. Sure this is under Sguro+Dello ruso. What a waste.

V.I.P.

Glad to see Doutzen on the cover, but really, the styling is very horrible & also the makeup.

21-12-2015
fashion elite

Sharp version but in medium size

vogue.co.jp

Last edited by vogue28; 21-12-2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Editing Source
21-12-2015
V.I.P.

These flowers are ridiculus but still I like this cover. It's something fresh. Something different. Soft make up will be better but Doutzen always looks great.

V.I.P.

tooo much "la cage aux folles" vibes

21-12-2015
V.I.P.

Atrocious, a nigthmare for sure.

MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
People expect and "DREAM" because (a) they WERE capable of producing STELLAR covers and content consistently [and here we ask "what happened?"] and in here I quote Creative

Quote:
Really? Did you follow fashion magazines ten years ago? VJ included. It was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.
Backtrack to Vogue Nippon covers and compare this to those. Having an ugly tacky cover is okay.. but to consistently have them month after month, year after year, then that becomes rather unacceptable and disappointing, right? and (b) because of the BUDGET they get [don't tell me VJ covers and editorials aren't well-budgeted].

This is a VJ Thread and not a VJ Appreciation thread - of course there will always be mixed opinions (whether they may passive or passionate). And as long as VJ consistently produces these kinds of covers then I guess you're bound to read more "vitriol" comments

P.S.: I don't criticize them because I dislike VJ. I criticize because I know they're capable and yet consistently fail to deliver.

P.P.S.: We don't dream of Vogue covers having flawless Meisel-esque covers because if you also back-read VI threads since 2010 (I think), people here have been reading Meisel's work to filth. All we want for Vogue franchises is to deliver. Nothing more, nothing less.

21-12-2015
MON
V.I.P.

In other news, now I think I know who the inspiration was...

....Ms. Katya Zamolodchikova. The hair, the eye makeup...

Drag Race fans, woot!

21-12-2015
V.I.P.

YIKES....that styling!! Doutzen is so pretty but she can't even save this cover.

trendsetter

Brigitte Bardot

MyVintagePhotos/etsy

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, demarchelier, doutzen, february, japan, kroes, patrick, vogue