Vogue Japan June 2017 by Patrick Demarchelier - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-04-2017
V.I.P.

Vogue Japan June 2017 by Patrick Demarchelier
Nicolas Ghesquiere, Michelle Williams, Jennifer Connelly, Rila Fukushima & Lea Seydoux.

19-04-2017
front row

should have had Miranda on the cover too, she's big in Japan and a much more prominent ambassador for LV than those actresses. Although stoked to see Jen Connelly!! Wish they hadn't ditched the trademark white backdrop for this cover. Kind of looks like a second rate version of the Vogue Japan cover with the givenchy gang.

19-04-2017
front row

joewwells wordpress

front row

I don't know why but I'm such a sucker for designers and their clique on magazine covers. This is perfect! Although it does have more of a November/December vibe to it

20-04-2017
backstage pass

I'll take this weird Louis Vuitton gang over that Balmain Army thing.

That being said, Michelle looks so uncomfortable lol.

20-04-2017
V.I.P.

^Lol she really does look uncomortable. Anyway I don't like the cover. I also wish Alicia would be here as well ....

MON
V.I.P.

I really don't get the point of these covers. It makes me wonder who they're really promoting. Is it the designer or the clothes? It's so hard to believe that it's the latter when most of the time, in these "gang" covers, you hardly see what they're wearing or the details thereof. It feels like it's an ego thing for the designers.

But this is a boring cover. They feel like they don't want to be here. And the colors are tragic. Plain. It's like a Hollywood Reporter cover. The post-awards show photo shoots are so much better than this. Fresh & Upbeat is something this cover is not.

Rica should've been the only cover star.

Vogue Japan needs a shake up. From the top down

20-04-2017
V.I.P.

Too obvious paid by LV, not working, uncomfortable cover.

fashion elite

I'd save everyone but Michelle. She's a fantastic actress but she brings zero energy into these shoots. As magsaddict mentioned it would have been better to see someone more energetic like Miranda or even Sophie Turner.

V.I.P.

Wow, glad to see all the girls, but Michelle looks terribly annoyed and Jennifer's face retouched to hell and back. Whoever styled this cover messed up Rila's hair as well (looks very stiff!) and I don't really like what La's wearing. Overall it's not a bad shot, but maybe a bit too heavy for June

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
I really don't get the point of these covers. It makes me wonder who they're really promoting. Is it the designer or the clothes? It's so hard to believe that it's the latter when most of the time, in these "gang" covers, you hardly see what they're wearing or the details thereof. It feels like it's an ego thing for the designers.
Oh, it's an ego thing, trust me! We are now in the era of the star designer! The part that's most shocking for me is that it's coming from Nicolas. Never thought he was that vain type, but he's clearly enjoying this aggressive marketing direction LV seems to be taking. I mean, this is his third LV/Vogue cover.

LV may think they're more sophisticated and high-brow to have Oscar-nominated actresses fronting their brand, but they're going at it worse than Balmain Nation, Tisci Gang, or Wang Squad.

20-04-2017
V.I.P.

I actually like it! Would have liked it better if it was just Nicolas, Rika and Lea but they all do look lovely.

20-04-2017
fashion elite

They should have gave Jennifer the cover and saved the rest for the editorial. At least with Jennifer they would be guaranteed a knockout cover.

V.I.P.

When I saw the thread title I immediately envisioned a beautiful multi-girl cover with a handful of models by Demarchelier, but instead Vogue Japan have took two steps backwards with this. Don't get me wrong the cover is by no means atrocious but considering what Vogue Japan have been doing this year... I'm underwhelmed.

V.I.P.

Very Vogue China with the colours and the layout. I hate these group shots, they never incorporate well onto a magazine cover.

20-04-2017
fashion elite

I love Nicolas but it's very dry. I really don't buy this Vuitton gang to be honest. Jennifer Connelly will always work as a Ghesquiere girl but the rest is just so boring.
Nicolas is still cute.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, demarchelier, japan, june, patrick, vogue