Vogue Korea August 2016 : 20th Anniversary Issue by Karl Lagerfeld - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-07-2016
backstage pass

Vogue Korea August 2016 : 20th Anniversary Issue by Karl Lagerfeld
All shots by Karl

G-Dragon Instagram

Last edited by WilliamsLe010919; 14-07-2016 at 02:25 AM.
14-07-2016
trendsetter

I love the second cover with the girls.

backstage pass

The second and third covers are great

14-07-2016
fashion elite

I'm not sure how good of an idea it was to get Karl to photograph this while all models are dressed in Chanel. It kind of takes away from Vogue Korea's anniversary and celebrates Chanel instead?

V.I.P.

Love the last two covers, but the second one doesn't wash too well with me. I thought we're past this type of photography where a bunch of Asian girls are lensed to look the same. It's certainly obsolete in both China and Japan.

14-07-2016
fashion insider

Sora And Hyun Ji together... I can't... This is too much for me. I'm so...

rtvgames

I knew Sora would be there, in the minute I clicked on the thread. But Hyun Ji as well? That is just too good to be true.

Last edited by guimon; 14-07-2016 at 03:55 AM.
14-07-2016
MON
V.I.P.

I actually like the first and most especially the second cover. It has that anniversary vibes to it. The third one, not so much. Too gimmicky. And I find whatever it is he is holding to be unnecessary.

I wonder how many covers there will be, and I wonder who else will be on the cover.

One thing though, G-Dragon again? He was on the 17th Anniversary issue, and in the January 2015 issue. Repeating same old celebrities for the anniversary issue kinda takes away the impact of an anniversary issue. But for sure he sells well for them, and that's all that matters. I pretty much hoped that if they were choosing a celebrity it would be someone like Song Jung Ki considering his successful and hit series and popularity. Surely, that would have sold well.

But all else said, I have to applaud Vogue Korea for constantly being fearless on putting men on their covers - and a solo cover at that. This is their second cover for 2016 with a man on the cover. Bravo for that.

Last edited by MON; 14-07-2016 at 04:31 AM.
14-07-2016
fashion elite

The covers are great!
Karl really loves GD! I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a face of Chanel.
If the entire issue is shot by Karl, i hope it wouldn't be only studios shots!

14-07-2016
fashion insider

14-07-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
I actually like the first and most especially the second cover. It has that anniversary vibes to it. The third one, not so much. Too gimmicky. And I find whatever it is he is holding to be unnecessary.

I wonder how many covers there will be, and I wonder who else will be on the cover.

One thing though, G-Dragon again? He was on the 17th Anniversary issue, and in the January 2015 issue. Repeating same old celebrities for the anniversary issue kinda takes away the impact of an anniversary issue. But for sure he sells well for them, and that's all that matters. I pretty much hoped that if they were choosing a celebrity it would be someone like Song Jung Ki considering his successful and hit series and popularity. Surely, that would have sold well.

But all else said, I have to applaud Vogue Korea for constantly being fearless on putting men on their covers - and a solo cover at that. This is their second cover for 2016 with a man on the cover. Bravo for that.
I agree, it is fantastic to see solo men covers on Vogue Korea, the first one is great but my favorite cover is the group shot: it looks very anniversary and celebratory and fashionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Love the last two covers, but the second one doesn't wash too well with me. I thought we're past this type of photography where a bunch of Asian girls are lensed to look the same. It's certainly obsolete in both China and Japan.
How is it obsolete? Iīm actually super in favor to see many models together, they celebrate their country and the beauty and togetherness which sends a powerful and cohesive message to the readers and women in general. It also reminds me those iconic Vogue cover modelsī groups. Love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post
I'm not sure how good of an idea it was to get Karl to photograph this while all models are dressed in Chanel. It kind of takes away from Vogue Korea's anniversary and celebrates Chanel instead?
I had that feeling too. This reminds me of a Vogue Brazil cover though.

--

WOW those new covers are smashing, however it looks strange to have covers sooooo different from one another. Whatīs the message here then?

Last edited by Bertrando3; 14-07-2016 at 07:56 AM.
14-07-2016
V.I.P.

I love the cover with Soo Joo Park alone ! It would have been better to have it as the unique cover, 6 is way too much, even for an anniversary issue.

14-07-2016
MON
V.I.P.

The last 3 covers (plus the groupshot) are the chicest and most fashionable Vogue Korea covers I've ever seen as of lately. They just exude that impact/power that a Vogue cover must have. I just love these. The styling and layout could have been better though. I wish they all stuck with the gold logo

14-07-2016
front row

VK recognizing Korean models, it's about time.

They all look stunning in the last 3 covers. Sora looks so good!

And I'm especially happy to see Jihye. She deserves it so much.

14-07-2016
V.I.P.

The covers are fine, Soo has the best.

14-07-2016
backstage pass

I think I can count on one hand how many covers/eds/campaigns I've ever liked from Karl. And most of them are only because they contain a naked Baptiste..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, 2016, 20th, anniversary, august, gdragon, issue, karl, korea, lagerfeld, vogue