Vogue Mexico & Latin America August 2017 : Carolyn Murphy & Andreea Diaconu - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-07-2017
trendsetter

Tired of him, this magazine couldn't get a real model?

V.I.P.

Above edit makes no sense to me, but I'm glad to see them supporting Mariana and not just giving her cover and be done with it. They've done that with Issa.

31-07-2017
trendsetter

The latin american version do not include the Carolyn Murphy editorial inside...

backstage pass

Lorena Maraschi by Paolo di Lucente

weibo/c-oli

02-08-2017
backstage pass

Vogue Latino America: Lauren de Graaf by Claudio Robles + Tomas Meersoh

weibo/c-oli

03-08-2017
backstage pass

I never understand the casting choices for vogue mexico/Latinoamérica. Those countries are made up of indigenous/black/and European immigrants yet looking at these magazines, it makes u think only Germans live in these countries.

Does anyone know why they go about this? It's a bit confusing.

03-08-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVeed View Post
I never understand the casting choices for vogue mexico/Latinoamérica. Those countries are made up of indigenous/black/and European immigrants yet looking at these magazines, it makes u think only Germans live in these countries.

Does anyone know why they go about this? It's a bit confusing.
They've actually had a bit of a banner year last year, lots of afro-latinas or girls resembling them. Certainly much more than there was under the previous EIC.

03-08-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
They've actually had a bit of a banner year last year, lots of afro-latinas or girls resembling them. Certainly much more than there was under the previous EIC.
You're right, I've noticed they started using black Latinas. Strange that they don't use brown/indigenous ones. I don't think I've ever seen one on Vogue Mexico's cover, unless I'm wrong

03-08-2017
trendsetter

Actually it's one of a few mags that represents diversity (beautiful covers with Ysaunny, Cora, Joan, Adwoa, Luisana, Dilone... and they putted an asian girl, Issa, three years ago) But yeah, they only focus on caribbean girls and not the rest of the countries. I'm waiting to see Mica on the cover, it's crazy that she doesn't have a cover yet. And apart of this, I'm tired of multicovers by country, also they don't published all the eds (and all of them are cutted). A cover with Carolyn it's one of those that I ever wanted (models are like Pokemons, you want them all!). I don't know what they want to do, but it's unfair for the latin readers. Andreea's cover looks odd, and I love her, but it's really odd! Her previous one (september 2016) was a breath of fresh air, this one looks weird.

Last edited by ivano; 03-08-2017 at 08:09 PM.
03-08-2017
backstage pass

Carolyn's shot is simply but very striking

V.I.P.

Not a bad issue. Lauren de Graaf is giving me major young Angela Lindvall vibes in her editorial. Beautiful

05-08-2017
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Not a bad issue. Lauren de Graaf is giving me major young Angela Lindvall vibes in her editorial. Beautiful
I love her! She's so underrated. I expect to see her on the cover.

06-08-2017
trendsetter

i think s mix would work...and i guess that's the intention of Karla Martinez....wouldn't be boring only see latinas just because it's a latin region....but this year was great about diversity on this magazine.

but they need a new fashion director...Valentina Collado's work is stale...

trendsetter

I think this magazine should have three different versions: one for Mexico (North), one for Central America and one more for South America. We are in the opposite season, and we have smaller brands, an emerging economy and different population and culture. They are covering a continent like we are the same, but we are not. That's my point of view.

19-08-2017
backstage pass

I mean a lot of it has to do with racism within Latin American societies, where darker skin colours are associated with a lower socio-economic status. I think it also has to do with the fact that indigenous looking women are usually on the shorter side, the average height for women in Mexico is 5 feet 2 in. Caribbean girls are usually both taller and slimmer and it's only logical that modelling agencies are more interested in them. Vogue Mexico/Latam is much like Vogue Japan, they're more interested in having name models than representing local beauty.

On another note...this issue was looking very expensive until I looked at page 1 and saw Juanpa Zurita, Vogue Mexico has many thing to learn from international magazines but a fixation with Insta-personalities is not one of them. Also Mariana will appear in this magazine more often since she's not actually an in demand model, unlike Issa who's still booking quite a lot of work in more prestigious publications.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, america, andreea, august, carolyn, diaconu, latin, mexico, murphy, vogue