How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2012
fashion icon

For the first issue I think it's a nice cover! It's not avant garde but honestly, I didn't expect the first issue to be. I think they are just trying to put out a nice starter issue and then build up on a brand/look. All three models look pretty and I like that they put lesser known Dutch women on the cover. I think it would have been far more predictable to put someone like Lara on the cover so I like that they took a risk with these three.

20-03-2012
French Chic

Well it's not bad, but it's not that good either......and not having a real opinion on something is never a good thing. I really thought they have gone 'all out' for their first issue and make a big splash with a very exciting cover.
That said, I am very happy that there is a Vogue Netherlands and I also like the fact that for their first cover they have stuck with homegrown talent.

V.I.P.

What a complete letdown that cover is. It looks like just some awkward backstage shot of a a few silly teenage models and not like the debut issue of a new edition of Vogue that seemed so promising. They should have either used a more well-known model or at least have done something more creative and eye-catching than this for their premier issue. Hopefully some of the content and inside editorials will be exciting.

20-03-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i like it, quite different from other Vogues. The model in pink is almost too casual on the cover for vogue though

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
I don`t like it at all. The font looks so cheap, the poses are so awkward. The styling is so bad. I hope this is just the preview because it is not nice at all. The font looks like a cheap version of Times New Roman.
I hate this too, it looks very cheap and poorly done, people who do the COVER CHALLENGE here do a much, much, much better job that the team who has designed this cover. Styling is horrendous, nothing goes together, faces aren't "Vogue" and it's not nice, you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentalicious View Post
I hate to say this but I don't like it at all.
Maybe my expectations were too high...
So were mine... and they flew right out of the window after seeing this. I guess we'll be able soon to say that we've found another Vogue that will be worse than Vogue Portugal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
About famous photographers: she already said she thinks it's more exciting to hire a very good Dutch photographer instead of Mario Testino. Although they were at the time brainstoming on it. But as we all can see it's Marc De Groot. If Lara will be on the cover it will probably by someone like Testino.They are also saying that big international photographers are interesed but not that they jump in the air to shoot for Vogue Nederland.
can you blame them after seeing this atrocious cover?

When in doubt, wear red.

Definitely not what I'd expected for a debut cover but I like the freshness.

front row

So nice. I love the simplicity in it all. I also like that they have new models, representing the beginning of the magazine. I think i just might buy it.

20-03-2012
fashion insider

I really wanted to like this, but I can't seem to make it happen. I enjoy the casting, but it's a boring picture with a wannabe VP layout. The creative team is basically playing it as commercially safe as possible, which is extremely unfortunate. Hopefully this magazine will evolve over time; I might purchase a copy just to support the idea of an improved Vogue Nederlands.

20-03-2012
backstage pass

I can't wait to get it. Hurry up mailman!

V.I.P.

Svea Kloosterhof and Imaan@code management are in

facebook / code management

20-03-2012
V.I.P.

Congrats to their own edition of Vogue! The cover's very fresh and colorful, the preview was brief but I look forward to seeing the rest of the issue!

fashion elite

I don't really like the cover, way too simple for what you would have expect from dutch vogue, i mean the Netherlands it's a country that has contributed to fashion with really big exponents, from supermodels like Doutzen or Lara, to photographers like I&V, etc... Expectations were high, at least in my part. But anyway, this is the first issue so i can't really judge.

IMO i would've prefer the first issue to have a big model that might be considered as a synonym of The Netherlands like Lara Stone for example.

fashion elite

^ I agree. As far as first impressions go, this was pretty lackluster.

20-03-2012
scenester

I have a feeling this is gonna be more Vogue US than Italia..

20-03-2012
fashion insider

well, they're definitely going safe.. pretty disappointing
at least i hope they go V.Paris safe instead of V.Japan safe, keeping the minimal text and getting rid of the white background

imo Josefien looks the best, i like Ymre's face but hate her charlie's angels pose and Romee just looks silly i would've cropped her out

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, april, groot, josefien, marc, netherlands, romee, vogue, ymre