How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2012
Oh Yeah!

A good start for Dutch Vogue! They can build up from this cover and shows that there is a lot a room for improvement. I'm really liking this.

21-03-2012
TNF
front row

I like the fresh, happy 90s vibe of Romee and Ymre. Not sure about Josefien. She's looking quite stiff, especially compared to the other two.

V.I.P.

preview:

model: hannelore knuts
photographer: nico
stylist: saskia van langevelde

ilovebelgium.be

21-03-2012
V.I.P.

It's a fresh and fun cover for Spring. Just like most people here I expected an edgier cover but if this is the direction they are taking with the magazine, I'm eager to see how it will evolve in the following months. The editorial previews thus far don't look very exciting though...

TNF
front row

To be honest, I didn't expect an edgy cover. Because The Netherlands is such a small market, with a hķķge amount of fashion magazines already, and also a 'the more normal, the better' mentality. It's hard to sell a new magazine in such a market. So, I espected something like this.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNF View Post
To be honest, I didn't expect an edgy cover. Because The Netherlands is such a small market, with a hķķge amount of fashion magazines already, and also a 'the more normal, the better' mentality. It's hard to sell a new magazine in such a market. So, I espected something like this.
Exactly! You would think they try to stand out, these magazines are a dime a dozen.
The Dutch have such good upcoming designers why not put a spectacular Van Erpel on the cover? Not buying it.

21-03-2012
TNF
front row

Maybe because of the risk many people will not buy it (because of the Dutch mentality I mentioned in my previous reply), and choose to take the most recent Elle or Glamour instead of Vogue...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Morgen is 'ie landelijk verkrijgbaar, vandaag exclusief bij de Bijenkorf: de eerste editie van VOGUE Nederland. Mode-inspiratie te over in het eerste nummer: zeven shoots met Nederlandse modellen van het moment. Bette Franke, Milou van Groesen, Romee Strijd, Ymre Stiekema en Josefien Rodermans tonen de trends van het nieuwe modeseizoen − van New Look in Amsterdam en Pril Wit tot City Blue. Series van Nederlandse fotografen Marc de Groot, Annemarieke van Drimmelen en Alique, gefotografeerd in Amsterdam, LA en Parijs.

VOGUE sprak in New York exclusief met de Nederlandse modefotografen Inez van Lamsweerde en Vinoodh Matadin over hun werk, liefde en bijzondere leven met zoon Charles. Verder over mode: interviews met Alexander van Slobbe, Fong-Leng, de Rodarte-ontwerpers, Jan Taminiau en Iris van Herpen.

Een interview met topadvocaat Britta BŲhler. Ze werd bekend als de raadsvrouw van onder meer Ayaan Hirsi Ali en Volkert van der Graaf en debuteert binnenkort als thrillerschrijfster. ‘Ik ben niet bang om op mijn bek te gaan.’

Ook in de allereerste VOGUE: een interview met actrice Tjitske Reidinga. De komende drie jaar gaat ze eigen voorstellingen maken in het DeLaMar Theater in Amsterdam. Diep en toegankelijk − dat is haar missie. Schrijver Oscar van den Boogaard ontmoette Reidinga aan de vooravond van haar veertigste verjaardag.

Plus: VOGUE Selectie: nieuws, interviews, updates op het gebied van dans, fotografie, film, boeken, design, architectuur, cultuur en muziek.
vogue.nl

basicly: there are 7 shoots with Dutch models of the moment. Bette, Milou, Josefien, Ymre and Romee will show us the trends of the new season.

A exclusive interview with I&V about their work, love and their special life with their son. Also interviews with designers: Alexander van Slobbe, Fong-Leng, de Rodarte-ontwerpers, Jan Taminiau en Iris van Herpen.

Models congrats Dutch Vogue. (with Ymre, Romee, Daphne, Saskia, Melissa T and others)
http://www.vogue.nl/vogue-tv/magazin...om-op-vogue-nl
&
Backstage shooting.
http://www.vogue.nl/vogue-tv/magazine/the-first-issue

(don't know how to add the vid)

Last edited by Forrest; 21-03-2012 at 05:18 AM.
21-03-2012
backstage pass

I don't really like the cover.. I like the model choices, but it's just kind of boring. I think if this was the cover of any other Vogue edition then people would probably not be as impressed. But, it is only their first issue so I'll reserve judgement on the magazine as a whole for now. The Netherlands has some great talent so I don't see why they can't produce a strong and relevant vogue

trendsetter

Here you can see the inside a little bit http://www.genj.nl/bladeren/vogue

21-03-2012
TNF
front row

Layout-wise, it seems to look very much like Dutch Elle after the restyling (which is more minimalist looking since a couple of months), strangely.

fashion icon

Were Doutzen, Lara or even Mirte not available?

V.I.P.

Mirte (indeed!!) or Bette they would have been also awesome choice, but Ymre is also a good one. She has been the Prada face 3 times now. They wanted talent instead of esthablissed models. And I think Holland always got some great export as it goes for talented models, so it fits for me.

no offence but sometimes members should somes look a few pages back regarding Lara
They were saying that they were/are trying to get her in their issue (maybe this, maybe a other) but Karin (editor Vogue Nederland) says that they have to earn it first, they have to made it before they can call Lara's agent. She is on a whole other level then Ymre, Romee etc.
(maybe also moneywise to expensive to get Lara?????)
Doutzen dunnow..

However for the Dutch:
Quote:
Vanavond VOGUE-avond op RTL8: om 20.30u the September Issue en om 22.30u VOGUE REPORT, een exclusief verslag van het feest gisteravond.
there will be a vogue evening on rtl 8, 20.30 septmber issue (maybe Lara/Doutzen/Daphne for that important issue?) and after that a vogue report.
vogue nl twitter.

Last edited by Forrest; 21-03-2012 at 09:45 AM.
21-03-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNF View Post
Layout-wise, it seems to look very much like Dutch Elle after the restyling (which is more minimalist looking since a couple of months), strangely.
I agree! While browsing through the issue, all I kept thinking was, this is just like Dutch Elle, with a tiny drop of Vogue Paris.
I get that this is what sells in Holland, we are just not a very high fashion people in general, but it doesn't feel very Vogue to me. There are some shots that are quite Vogue, but a lot of others are more Elle in my opinion.

Anna Wintour said it best in The September Issue: "This is Vogue. Please, let's lift it."

trendsetter

Kinda weird this.

I am now subcribe for the dutch vogue. They said on there website that we will have the special edition. It turns out that we will have the normal one. Today you could get the issue at a special store with a box ( a nice box ). Even that, we will not get it.. kinda disappointed

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, april, groot, josefien, marc, netherlands, romee, vogue, ymre