How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-03-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsley V View Post
I really don't see the problem in using all Dutch models, considering Vogue US just sticks to American celebrities and Kate Moss is on the British Vogue at least three times a year. If they want to use their magazine as a platform for national models then it really shouldn't be a criticism.

Also why on earth would they photoshop the moles off of the model? I don't know about most of you but I don't like women looking plastic. I think the decision to not airbrush so much on this cover (and believe me, there is already a lot of retouching in that image) should be lauded, not questioned.

Wow endrantbadday/
US Vogue has had European actresses from UK, Spain and France on its covers. Certainly on the rare occasions they do model covers, most of them are from outside the USA. Just a point of information .

I enjoy the cover and the edits aren't that bad. Makes me curious to see what former issues were like. I don't pay attention to this Vogue edition much.

24-03-2013
trendsetter

Nice eds as usual.

24-03-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahiyya View Post
US Vogue has had European actresses from UK, Spain and France on its covers. Certainly on the rare occasions they do model covers, most of them are from outside the USA. Just a point of information .

I enjoy the cover and the edits aren't that bad. Makes me curious to see what former issues were like. I don't pay attention to this Vogue edition much.
Vogue US is also a mass market publication and has been around for over a century, while Netherlands is just over a year old. Its nice they're giving Dutch models covers b/c unless you're Lara Stone it won't be likely a Dutch model will make it on Vogue UK, France etc.

V.I.P.

this issue isnt the best but i've loved the others. i love this magazine.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsley V View Post
Vogue US is also a mass market publication and has been around for over a century, while Netherlands is just over a year old. Its nice they're giving Dutch models covers b/c unless you're Lara Stone it won't be likely a Dutch model will make it on Vogue UK, France etc.
But what has nationality to do with anything? A good model is a good model. Its not like dutch models have been overlooked abroad and the world is missing this amazing talent, quite the contrary actually. Choosing models purely based on their nationality is parochial. I can understand that magazines may lean heavily to models that are on the radar in their own countries, but not to the exclusion of all others. Kate Moss is used quite a lot by Vogue UK, but its probably used even more by Vogue Paris. Vogue Paris that in the last years incidentally had on their covers all the Dutch tops, for a French publication they hardly use French models.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, alique, april, groesen, milou, netherlands, van, vogue