Vogue Netherlands July/August 2017 : Victoria Beckham by Jan Welters - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2017
V.I.P.

it's really a nice cover.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Dutch Vogue is on a roll!! Yet another stunning cover. Love the styling, setting and simplicity of this shot. Victoria could pose less though, and just look a bit more carefree. But her insecurity is such a strong part of her appeal.

The coverline however sounds very Hello magazine. And maybe such a harsh pink probably wasn't the right choice, but this edition is improving (at least in terms of covers).
Agree. This strong pink is too much. It was not the right choice. But the rest is really cool.
Vogue Portugal and Vogue NL are improving month after month.

16-06-2017
fashion elite

Just saw some photos of Victoria inside the magazine on Dutch TV
Looked great
There's a stunning headshot of Victoria in the water

17-06-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
It is, they don't normally go for celebs. And it's equally impressive that they used one of their own photographers for the cover. Victoria must be very easy to work with. Normally celebrities are known to demand Testino or whatnot for a covershoot. She just goes with the flow, whether it's Jan Welters of Boo George.

I think that she really is! Not sure why but I love her. She comes off as very genuine to me and I just love the Brits. Fantastic cover, I love the colours.

17-06-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
It is, they don't normally go for celebs. And it's equally impressive that they used one of their own photographers for the cover. Victoria must be very easy to work with. Normally celebrities are known to demand Testino or whatnot for a covershoot. She just goes with the flow, whether it's Jan Welters of Boo George.

And yes, the 'Magazine of the Year' tagline is rather laughable. Actually says a lot about what the Dutch (sans Anlabe & Mikel) consider good! I've flipped through this edition countless times, it's so dull, I'm sorry.
I'm Dutch as well But I totally agree with you and the sad thing is, most Dutch magazines are crap. So I'm not even that surprised. For example, the famous British gay magazine recently launched over here. The UK edition is actually a very good, informative magazine but the Dutch one is soo bad. It honestly makes me cringe.

19-06-2017
backstage pass

I'm in consensus with the majority of the posts here, I think it's a beautiful cover, and it's very nice to see that the cover isn't crammed full with text.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, beckham, jan, july or august, netherlands, victoria, vogue, welters