How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2009
fashion icon

Looks good to me.

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

WOW so they are choosing the April cover in mid-March?! I thought magazines have to present their content well in advance?

I really hope they choose the cover that Carine is holding! That's STUNNING! And I would buy it no doubt!

I'm guessing its the work of Mert&Marcus too, so we can expect an editorial with Scarlett by the duo, no?

16-03-2009

^I'm sure that this was filmed a tad bit in advance -- CNN wouldn't be able to reveal the cover/choices until around this time, anyway

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

^^i think so, yes?

V.I.P.

good cover

16-03-2009
windowshopping

carine's right. scarlett is recognizable in that photo, despite her new hair.
now why they chose scarlett in the first place is the mystery........

V.I.P.

^well..does she have a new movie coming out?

trendsetter

I didn't realize the font was hot pink. I thought it was red and the image just distorted it. I'm not sure what I think about hot pink text... But it is very spring and looks good with the background and gold. I can't wait to see the contents !!!

trendsetter

Oddly, according to IMDB, she has no movie to promote... Why did they choose her for a cover? I know Carine said she liked her in an interview forever ago when she was doing the ads for Luis Vuitton, but it would make a little sense if she was on a cover when she was promoting a movie, like last year sometime...? Someone like Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, or Audrey Tautou would make a lot more sense, as they are all starring in movies coming out in the near future.

V.I.P.

^^Isnt she the new face of Dolce&Gabbanna make-up?Its probably because of that, not that celebs these days need to have something to promote in the first place.

I wonder with what font and if that really is the image they went with in the end..........

16-03-2009
trendsetter

^ That's right, she is the face of the Dolce and Gabbana make-up line. In the ads, she channels Marilyn Monroe, which is such an obvious, had concept. She is like an actress-cum-model by now lol.

I guess Carine was freaking out because she dyed her hair back to blonde and she is brunette on the cover. I actually think she looks really good brunette.

We still don't know what the real cover looks like. The video just shows possibilities. They may use a totally different shot altogether. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they canned the Scarlett cover because of the hair issue?

Last edited by vavavinny; 16-03-2009 at 09:11 PM.
16-03-2009
fashion insider

I love the cover choices! My one dream for VP would be Siri Tollerod on the cover! I think that would be amazing. Where is this new video. The first video didn't have Carine shuffling through covers.

16-03-2009
windowshopping

One possible reason for the choice: Scarlett is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana's first ever cosmetics line.

16-03-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
I guess Carine was freaking out because she dyed her hair back to blonde and she is brunette on the cover. I actually think she looks really good brunette.

I tought the main problem was that Scarlett was a brunette on the cover- I mean that she dyed her hair brown before she was shot for the cover- and that people would recognize her more easily if she was blonde.
no?

trendsetter

^ Oh I see! Sorry, I was confused!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, april, johansson, mario, paris, scarlett, sorrenti, vogue