How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2011
front row

This cover says nothing for me, it almost makes me not want to buy it at all. Hope that future covers will be better.

13-03-2011
V.I.P.

So the dress is on two other covers? What is the big deal about?

13-03-2011
V.I.P.

^ I don't know. I'm guessing this was the favourite shot so they went with it.
It's a great cover but the fonts look like they are from a mock up.
Any rumours about what's inside yet?

13-03-2011
front row

A lot people will like the cover, others love it, many hate it but at the end of the day I guess Emanuelle was trying to set the tone for what we can expect from Vogue Paris from now on, and that seems a softer less aggressive attitude, which yes given Carine's work is what everyone was guessing anyway, but the challenge of course was how she would go about it...and the like a virgin on a sunny prairie look seems to be it...a complete 180 from Carine, almost like a defiant teen trying to prove herself. Hopefully she'll grow into her own thing with time.

13-03-2011
fashion icon

I don't know why people don't like this cover. I happen to love it. It looks like what a Spring/Summer cover should be without being completely overrun with sunshine and the beach. It's very nice imo.

13-03-2011
windowshopping

^ I think most of them are liking this cover ..

13-03-2011
V.I.P.

The cover looks super commercial. It may be more attractive to the mass media buyers, however the exclusivity of Roitfeld is gone. The whole glossy, blue chip feeling is missing. The font, the picture itself with coloured eyes cheapens the magazine and turns it into something more catalogue like.

13-03-2011
girl who fell to earth

i don't think it's a big deal that the Dolce & Gabbana dress was on another cover...

wasn't there a Miu Miu dress that appeared on 5 or 6 covers?
It happens...
I would rather look at it as good news for Dolce & Gabbana than bad news for the magazines it appears on...

I think it looks beautiful on both covers... which in the end is the point, no?

Gisele looks great here... I love the softness of the shot. Great first cover for Emmanuelle.
Maybe the font is still in the working stages? When does the issue actually hit newsstands...
I feel like if I learned anything from the September Issue documentary (and from working for a magazine) it's that things are being tweaked until the last possible minute...

13-03-2011
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Halo View Post
and the like a virgin on a sunny prairie look seems to be it...a complete 180 from Carine, almost like a defiant teen trying to prove herself.
So Emmanuelle should have just kept doing exactly what Carine was doing, is that what you're trying to say? Why does having a different view and vision for the magazine make her a "defiant teen"?

13-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
i don't think it's a big deal that the Dolce & Gabbana dress was on another cover...

wasn't there a Miu Miu dress that appeared on 5 or 6 covers?
It happens...
I would rather look at it as good news for Dolce & Gabbana than bad news for the magazines it appears on...

I think it looks beautiful on both covers... which in the end is the point, no?

Gisele looks great here... I love the softness of the shot. Great first cover for Emmanuelle.
Maybe the font is still in the working stages? When does the issue actually hit newsstands...
I feel like if I learned anything from the September Issue documentary (and from working for a magazine) it's that things are being tweaked until the last possible minute...
It's a BIG news for them... their SS 2011 collection is feat. in all these magazines (HB Spain, V Spain, MC Russia, Elle Spain, Elle Russia and Vogue Mexico)... add to that list 3 Major Vogue covers (Paris, Spain and Germnay)... and

[Images via HB Spain, V Spain, Elle Spain, Elle Russia and Vogue Mexico@facebook]

V.I.P.

i doubt its a bad cover ...
it is good, in the countryside, lingerie style DG dress ... and gisele by i&v is emmaunelle style ...
eventhough i just dont understand why it isnt natasha or daria, since emmanuelle always prays after them.

but seriously as a first cover, i doubt it is enough !!!
when i see that cover i feel like alt has had a lot of influence on the magazines for ages ...

13-03-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
So Emmanuelle should have just kept doing exactly what Carine was doing, is that what you're trying to say? Why does having a different view and vision for the magazine make her a "defiant teen"?
what I mean is that she seemed to have tried really hard (or maybe I'm just reading a bit too much into this) to go for the complete antithesis of what we associated with Carine (over sexual sometimes bordering on the raunchy) going with a really pure and virginal cover...it's not good or bad, it just seems like she's trying too hard to say hey look I'm the opposite of what was before, hence the defiant teen description.

while the cover doesn't wow me, I do like it and was never a particular fan of Carine's direction, so actually, if she doesn't do the same as Carine I'll be more pleased with it

13-03-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Halo View Post
what I mean is that she seemed to have tried really hard (or maybe I'm just reading a bit too much into this) to go for the complete antithesis of what we associated with Carine (over sexual sometimes bordering on the raunchy) going with a really pure and virginal cover...it's not good or bad, it just seems like she's trying too hard to say hey look I'm the opposite of what was before, hence the defiant teen description.

while the cover doesn't wow me, I do like it and was never a particular fan of Carine's direction, so actually, if she doesn't do the same as Carine I'll be more pleased with it
why are so quick in making judgment? dont u think its better to get more facts before coming up with that assumption.

whether alt tries hard to reverse the direction of carine or not, at this point we dont really know. we cannot judge alt's direction or vision at this point.

french vogue has it's own established vision and identity, so it's not really up to carine or alt to change it in any way they want. there are certain rules editor must follow to achieve that vision. it's not alt's job to reverse the aesthetic of french vogue, it's her job to improve it. so dont expect a new direction in french vogue anytime soon.

i get so annoyed when seeing nonsense expectation from people.

13-03-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
i doubt its a bad cover ...
it is good, in the countryside, lingerie style DG dress ... and gisele by i&v is emmaunelle style ...
eventhough i just dont understand why it isnt natasha or daria, since emmanuelle always prays after them.

but seriously as a first cover, i doubt it is enough !!!
when i see that cover i feel like alt has had a lot of influence on the magazines for ages ...
I think its because she has been working in the magazine for ages...

13-03-2011
scenester

i love it !

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, bŁndchen, gisele, inez, lamsweerde, matadin, paris, van, vinoodh, vogue