How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2011
A Belated Celebration

^ That's what I've thought too. But when Carine was EIC it had a little variety of model choices sometimes. Now it's under Alt and I guess it would be worse as her bias on models is much more excessive. And the girls you referred to are all Alt's favorites. It doesn't mean that I don't like them, but do they have to appear in VP every month for over 5 years? It's really boring indeed.

20-03-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Maybe they`re using the same models because yeah, they`re Alt`s favorites but maybe she`s also playing it safe. These girls have proven that they can sell an issue, Alt has to show Conde Nast that sales will be stable or better under her. So maybe that why she`s also using these girls. But diversity will never be a wrong option

V.I.P.

I think it is a little bit of everything and playing safe is one of them which is something I usually hate... again nothing against these girls but just getting bored...seriously bored of these trendy polished editorials...

20-03-2011
fashion elite

daria, raquel, lara,etc are regular of vogue us and paris bc they are damn good models. editors dont being biased based on nothing. these girls have talent and great sex appeal that vogue paris and us like.

vogue paris play safe with these girls bc they deliver almost every single time. newbies' works most of the time are just forgettable. i honestly dont mind seeing these girls regularly on vogue us and paris. their eds always come with great quality.

20-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
Maybe they`re using the same models because yeah, they`re Alt`s favorites but maybe she`s also playing it safe. These girls have proven that they can sell an issue, Alt has to show Conde Nast that sales will be stable or better under her. So maybe that why she`s also using these girls. But diversity will never be a wrong option
Is it better to get embarrassed by selling or to do nothing worth judging?

Ohh ya..... No risk no tear cause everything is going well with Lara, Natasha, Daria, Raquel and all these girls that I think we have already seen all from them

Mrs. Alt: If you truly wish the succes of VP, you should stop de 'se faire plaisir' as they said in France and think about the reader's pleasure.

fashion insider

Numero uses enough new models and they often make me leave the issue in the shop without buying it, but when Anja is inside there is no way I will go away without it, so go girl, use all my favorite girls and I will always buy French Vogue)) Thank God there are magazines like French vogue which use good models all the time, so i hope they will use the same models not for 5, but for at least 15 more years))

20-03-2011
V.I.P.

Alt's full force approach won't be seen until the August issue. Half the editorials within the issue, were shot under Carine's reign. So there's no point judging her model choices. But yes, Alt did re-use the same models over and over under Carine. Now the magazine belongs to Emmanuelle, anything could be possible. There's no harm playing safe, especially with a solid publication like Vogue Paris! If anyone wants model variation, Vogue Italia's the one.

I completely agree with radolgc. I hope there's a bright future ahead for the Vogue Paris favourites, because I've loved every minute!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radolgc View Post
Numero uses enough new models and they often make me leave the issue in the shop without buying it, but when Anja is inside there is no way I will go away without it, so go girl, use all my favorite girls and I will always buy French Vogue)) Thank God there are magazines like French vogue which use good models all the time, so i hope they will use the same models not for 5, but for at least 15 more years))
I think you answered your question yourself Rado... you buy these magazine with them because they are your favourite models and fullstop.

I really like all of them except Isabelli... and I enjoy seeing their editorials as well and I buy Vogue Paris regularly too but some variety would have been great...

20-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
daria, raquel, lara,etc are regular of vogue us and paris bc they are damn good models. editors dont being biased based on nothing. these girls have talent and great sex appeal that vogue paris and us like.

vogue paris play safe with these girls bc they deliver almost every single time. newbies' works most of the time are just forgettable. i honestly dont mind seeing these girls regularly on vogue us and paris. their eds always come with great quality.
If new girls are forgetable then let's just seal the modelling bussiness and that's it...
The US vogue casting for this months was totally ridiculous... it is a body issue and they put Karen Elson or Natalia or Liya... etc... I am not saying they dont have good bodies but certainly nothing tat stands out... but again it is a different topic... and I am sure moderators will axe these comment;-)

20-03-2011
fashion elite

i didnt say newbies' works are forgettable. i used the word "MOST" and that is a huge difference.

20-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
i didnt say newbies' works are forgettable. i used the word "MOST" and that is a huge difference.
I would not go as far as HUGE but I do apologise for wrong quoting as it makes some difference... Moreover using new models is not the only way of making casting more interesting.
Posted via Mobile Device

20-03-2011
V.I.P.

Haha...i can't see the font different either. maybe someone can post a comparison?

20-03-2011
MON
V.I.P.

^ The font that people are comparing to with this one are the fonts they used before their 90th Anniversary Issue / October 2010.

front row

still no inside editorials ? can't wait..

21-03-2011
V.I.P.

Previews:

*vogue.fr

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, bŁndchen, gisele, inez, lamsweerde, matadin, paris, van, vinoodh, vogue