How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2011
Alluring

You know, there really is something about the whole font issue. Looking at the Chase-ing Love shot and comparing it with some of the previous VP issues, it made me realize it indeed became somewhat ordinary.

21-03-2011
don't look down

The font is one of those inoffensive types that makes the content seem more mundane. It's more cheerful, pretty and approachable than the sharper, more angular style of font - but I miss that edge to things.

Still, I've certainly seen worse, and the new regime won't take shape overnight, I look forward to seeing it unfold over the next few issues.

V.I.P.

i would have just thought it was anyone"s tongue until it was mentioned it was Sasha's good eye!

21-03-2011
front row

im sad to see this issue.
it has no dream,no real sense of suprise infact no real style..my eyes missed the french touch.
it looks a little like Tank MAGAZINE.
Josh Olsin s photos re not up to scratch
David SImms......nothing new...infact felt more like Solve Sondsbo
Hans freuer ....looks like torn out of the 80 s Elle
Inez and Vinod ...cover was very ordinary adn the editorial also super boring.

also the issue has real strange type faces overall.
im dissapointed..

21-03-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I love that people are seriously confident enough to ID a model based on her tongue.

Brilliant.
Oh... You underestimate Sasha's fans. There were some users who recognized a model by the nail form. So, I guess, a tongue is already sufficient information.

V.I.P.

The tongue pic is shot by Hans Freuer and styled by Marie Chaix. just like Anja's ed. So isn't is safe to assume the tongue pic is taken during the same shoot?

21-03-2011
V.I.P.

so excited for inez and vinoodh's editorial

An die Freude.

Just FYI, the new font is called Miller (maybe a slightly tweaked custom version, I haven't looked at every character).

Now everybody can criticize/applaud the use with the correct name.

21-03-2011
V.I.P.

I don't know how I feel about the layout. On the one hand, it looks kinda different, especially for a Vogue magazine. On the other hand, it looks kinda cheap and fan-made, plus it reminds me of like a pharmacy magazine.

don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlebougie View Post
Just FYI, the new font is called Miller (maybe a slightly tweaked custom version, I haven't looked at every character).
Hmm, seen in all its different guises, it's not a bad font, so all they need to do is introduce a bit of variation in its usage (fontbureau.com):

®

lol a thousand pages later and we still discuss the new font. i don't think this pseudo-baskerville [ok, miller or whatever it's called] typeface is all that bad, in fact, i rather enjoy the new layout. although it does look convincingly amateur when used in the cover blurbs.

now about the content, i think i've amassed enough VP editorials in my hard drive that i don't perceive any significant change in direction although given the circumstances by which alt's helm was founded, major changes aren't anticipated. anja's is especially eye-catching [of course i'm bound to say this] but this type of imagery and carine's constant slew of WTF spreads have left me desensitized that it fails to evoke any admiration at all in me. but overall it's still a good issue. i'd love to see what alt will do next.

don't look down

For the volume of posts produced on the theme of magazines, I feel the amount devoted to talking about their actual design is disappointingly low, I'd certainly welcome more considered opinions in general on that topic, over some of the things that get talked about. Wading through ten pages of proper typeface talk would be a welcome surprise, and would probably lure out some experts, making them throw in their views and experiences. In short, we'd learn.

MON
V.I.P.

So, Emmanuelle Alt decided to let go of the Miss Vogue spread? Or they just feel that it`s not important to be on the Issue`s Previews?

V.I.P.

^time will tell...

V.I.P.

review

Eco-style by I&V, styled by E.Alt, ft. Gisele - 12p Gisele dressed very like a fashion marant-ish ecolo girl, on a road and in some prairie. wonder if it's not in corsica
Wanted by D. Sims, styled by E. Alt, ft. Isabeli - 12p. / cowboy style
Chase-ing Love by B. Weber and A. Barbierie, ft. Chase Finlay and Laura Love - 16p. / on the beach, very "opera" kind of things. beautifuuuuul !
Immaculée séduction by H.Freuer, styled by M. Chaix, ft. Anja - 14p. / white, sportswear
Fière Allure by Thomas Lagrange, styled by G. Saglio - 6p. no face ! jewelry, pants and shirts
Green Girls (the famous tongue) by H.F. and styled by M. Chaix, ft. Sasha - 2 pictures
COup d'éclat by JOsh Olins, st by Véronique Didry, ft. Malgosia - 8p. credits with prices, white mainly and boyish style with wide-legs pants ....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, bündchen, gisele, inez, lamsweerde, matadin, paris, van, vinoodh, vogue