How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
11-03-2011
  91
V.I.P.
 
gossiping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: united kingdom
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,874
love the dress, love gisele but i don't know not really for me

__________________
  Reply With Quote
 
11-03-2011
  92
V.I.P.
 
helmut.newton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,749
You'd think that for someones first issue as an Editor-in-Chief, they'd choose to do something a bit more directional and aesthetically powerful. This is not really either to me.

The fact that she is wearing a dress that has already appeared on two other Vogues says it all to me. She will not be as directional as Carine and she probably won't have a point-of-view that is different to any other Vogue; all of which is a shame.

Sure, Vogue Paris had its questionable elements but it was intrinsically Vogue Paris / Carine Roitfeld. What is Alt going to bring to the table? It already seems as though she is under the thumb of her bosses at Conde Nast. How will she be able to create something that resonates with people if she has to serve these men with their strict ideas of French fashion culture?

__________________
http://l-amateur.blogspot.com.au/
My Illustrations: Updated August 3rd, Louis Vuitton Comic Featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg
  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  93
backstage pass
 
Minimoon27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
You'd think that for someones first issue as an Editor-in-Chief, they'd choose to do something a bit more directional and aesthetically powerful. This is not really either to me.

The fact that she is wearing a dress that has already appeared on two other Vogues says it all to me. She will not be as directional as Carine and she probably won't have a point-of-view that is different to any other Vogue; all of which is a shame.

Sure, Vogue Paris had its questionable elements but it was intrinsically Vogue Paris / Carine Roitfeld. What is Alt going to bring to the table? It already seems as though she is under the thumb of her bosses at Conde Nast. How will she be able to create something that resonates with people if she has to serve these men with their strict ideas of French fashion culture?
This cover has been chosen under carine area!

  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  94
MON
V.I.P.
 
MON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Paris
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton
The fact that she is wearing a dress that has already appeared on two other Vogues says it all to me. She will not be as directional as Carine and she probably won't have a point-of-view that is different to any other Vogue; all of which is a shame.
How can you say that she won`t be as directional as Carine when in fact, you`ve only seen the cover (which happens to be her only cover to date) and not it`s contents. I guess we have to judge Emmanuelle on her succeeding issues where she`s completely taken over. This issue was completed on the 22nd of February so probably most of this was done under Carine.

Let`s judge Emmanuelle on the August issue which is all under her power.

__________________
TWITTER: @mondimac | INSTAGRAM: @mondimac
  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  95
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
You'd think that for someones first issue as an Editor-in-Chief, they'd choose to do something a bit more directional and aesthetically powerful. This is not really either to me.

The fact that she is wearing a dress that has already appeared on two other Vogues says it all to me. She will not be as directional as Carine and she probably won't have a point-of-view that is different to any other Vogue; all of which is a shame.

Sure, Vogue Paris had its questionable elements but it was intrinsically Vogue Paris / Carine Roitfeld. What is Alt going to bring to the table? It already seems as though she is under the thumb of her bosses at Conde Nast. How will she be able to create something that resonates with people if she has to serve these men with their strict ideas of French fashion culture?
i think u have to understand that under the business perspective, french vogue is doing quite well. it would be a dull idea for french vogue to change the formula overnight. so people shouldn't expect an all alt's issue with her own ideas left, right and centre too soon.

people shouldn't be too quick jumping to a conclusion about the transition bw roitfield and alt. it's gonna take at least 5-6 issues to get a glimpse of alt's direction and vision for french vogue. so to come up with a concreted conclusion just based on a dress that was chosen for a photoshoot back in november of last year is a silly statement, IMO.

french vogue aesthetic wont change drastically, so i hope people dont expect nonsenses.

  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  96
trendsetter
 
matheus_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: S„o Paulo
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,443
Same dress at Vogue Germany april 2011. Poor Emmanuelle...



www.tausando.com

__________________
Viviane Orth Carol Trentini Raquel Zimmermann Kate Moss / @mevangelista_ / www.thefashionview.blogspot.com
  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  97
trendsetter
 
greyeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Romania
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,142
i thought Carine's closing date was 1 feb., she finished the march issue in early february.
maybe she has something styled for this issue(one last Lara ed maybe ), but most of it i think it's by Emmanuelle.

__________________
Lara Iselin Daria Meghan Kate Arizona Mariacarla Saskia Daphne Raquel
  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  98
V.I.P.
 
agee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,113
While I agree that we should not judge Alt's tenure based on one issue, at the same time Alt does not get a complete pass because she was promoted from within and she may have even been the stylist on this shoot. She may not have been the one who green-lighted and staffed all of the shoots, but presumably she is the one who assembled the issue.

ETA:
The interesting thing is that VP's covers under Carine were a strength, with one of the shortcomings being that the eds did not fulfill the promise of the cover. Also, it's not bad, but I don't think that it that off-the-wall to expect more from the debut issue when an insider got the job and that insider is a stylist and the fact that this has been featured on "lesser editions" of Vogue is just .


Last edited by agee; 11-03-2011 at 05:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  99
V.I.P.
 
LagerfeldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hollywood
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
Meh. It looks very summery and she looks gorgeous but it leaves me quite cold. It lacks something stronger.
And they really should change that ugly font that cheapens everything.
Don't get me wrong, I love it. Gisele looks absolutely fierce here, but it's lacking that "spark" that I usually associate with VP.

__________________
Forever and Ever: Snejana/Anabela/Natasha/Anja/Britt/Kasia/Sasha/Magdalena/Raquel/Hanne G./Freja/Mariacarla/Anna S./Tatiana/Katie F./Shu Pei/Erin W./Karlie/Bette/Constance/Elsa S.TUMBLR BLOG
  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  100
backstage pass
 
Minimoon27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 702
I don t know when carine last day was but this cover+ editorial had been shoot early november!

  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  101
front row
 
GinAndTonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: France
Gender: femme
Posts: 328
I feel like I've seen this shot a million times on Vogue Paris already. Oh no wait, this time it's not at the beach but in the countryside. Now that's new and innovative !!!

  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  102
V.I.P.
 
vogue28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Gender: homme
Posts: 16,963
What's the huge deal with the dress? It's not like it hasn't happened before. Plus the shoot took place under Carine's reign, and I doubt we'll see Emmanuelle's full vision until later. One a lighter note I adore the cover - expect for the Gisele's Photoshopped right leg. Although I'm certainly left gagging for more.

__________________
.
  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  103
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,818
I think this cover and the next couple months were decided while Carine was there. She said so in an interview that six months of content was decided.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f71...101103-57.html

  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  104
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinAndTonic View Post
I feel like I've seen this shot a million times on Vogue Paris already. Oh no wait, this time it's not at the beach but in the countryside. Now that's new and innovative !!!
next time, the cover should be shot on the moon, by then people will be happier with the background.

  Reply With Quote
11-03-2011
  105
backstage pass
 
TheCheekyCritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Pie Shoppe
Gender: femme
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by matheus_s View Post
Same dress at Vogue Germany april 2011. Poor Emmanuelle...
Well, I thought it was. But then it is a stunning dress. (Even if Britt wears it better.)

I guess the "atmospheric" similarities between the VP and VD covers this month aren't the only thing they have in common.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, april, bŁndchen, gisele, inez, lamsweerde, matadin, paris, van, vinoodh, vogue
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.