How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
tfs star

Vogue Paris April 2015 : Charlotte Casiraghi by Mario Testino

Emmanuelle Alt Instagram

Last edited by miguelalmeida; 1 Week Ago at 08:25 AM.

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

She looks ugly. Like the crab (Sebastian) from The Little Mermaid.

Testino GO HOME.

1 Week Ago
MON
V.I.P.

Why do I see a motorcycle?

Edit: here it is

Instagram/EmmanuelleAlt

At least it doesn't look like it's from the 80s. a bit of a 90s touch.

I don't like the pose and the angle but it's better than her previous September cover. But this could pass for German Vogue tbh. And yup, Mario Testino, go home, burn your camera, fire your team, and go home.

I still don't like the font they're using. Amateur

Last edited by MON; 1 Week Ago at 08:32 AM.

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

In tepid Gucci? It's certainly not a bad shot of her, but it's unremarkable for a fashion magazine. I'm surprised they passed on Lťa for Charlotte, who already had a cover.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Guess I'm the minority who's going to love this! After the dark March covers this feels like a breath of fresh air. I appreciate the fact that posing like Charlotte is here is unusual for a magazine cover and on a rare occasion does it work as well as this. The colours are wonderful here and everything meshes well. Thanks for posting, miguelalmedia.

backstage pass

I really like it. The pose and angle are pretty original, the colors are nice. She's no model but she looks good.

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

The fact that she has no neck and that her head looks superimposed on the most awkward of angles has truly disturbed my vision.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

The styling is so outdated...

V.I.P.

Whoa, such a stunning girl, and yet they managed to make her look not her best self. Fashion magazine covers, are in such a weird place the moment, imo. I cant remember the last time i was blown away by a cover, or an issue!

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I like the pose (though not that you canīt see her neck) but the styling is quite awful imo :/

1 Week Ago
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Whoa, such a stunning girl, and yet they managed to make her look not her best self. Fashion magazine covers, are in such a weird place the moment, imo. I cant remember the last time i was blown away by a cover, or an issue!
Amen! Vogue Paris is not the only offender.. it's just like every fashion magazine there is is more than happy to just sail through. Safe after safe after safe covers each and every month. Even Vogue Italia who happens to be the leading thought-evoking Vogue franchise have sailed through with safe covers. This cover is not an exemption and is the perfect example of what I've said. Gone are the days wherein they risk new things and add new factors to their formula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
I commented on Emmanuelle Alt's AKA Katie Grand the Second instagram that this cover was so boring and she blocked me. What if she actually knew what I think about her.

I thought April's was going to be exciting and fresh... It couldn't be Daria, Kate or Lara anymore. But we get this. There's no hope for fashion magazines anymore.
I didn't know that she responds!! I love her, but what she did is just childish. If you can't take the criticism, then make yourself better. Not saying that she should change because of what other people think, but if you can't accept the criticism then do something about it (something beyond blocking the users) lol. All T, no shade.

Last edited by MON; 1 Week Ago at 09:07 AM.

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

I commented on Emmanuelle Alt's AKA Katie Grand the Second instagram that this cover was so boring and she blocked me. What if she actually knew what I think about her.

Nicolas, Katie Grand, Alt, Hedi... fashion people don't know how to deal with criticism. No wonder why it doesn't evolve and why Testino is still working.

I thought April's was going to be exciting and fresh... It couldn't be Daria, Kate or Lara anymore. But we get this. There's no hope for fashion magazines anymore.

Last edited by Creative; 1 Week Ago at 09:08 AM.
1 Week Ago
fashion elite

I love Charlotte! I thought this could no go wrong. But it is really bad
Shame, beautiful girl, horrible photo/styling/makeup

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post

Nicolas, Katie Grand, Alt, Hedi... fashion people don't know how to deal with criticism. No wonder why it doesn't evolve and why Testino is still working.

Oh God, did she really??? I cant say I'm surprised though. My point is why even participate with social media if you cannot take criticism?

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

^Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post

I didn't know that she responds!! I love her, but what she did is just childish. If you can't take the criticism, then make yourself better. Not saying that she should change because of what other people think, but if you can't accept the criticism then do something about it (something beyond blocking the users) lol. All T, no shade.
Yupp! And back then I was told that she read tFS. I'm almost sure she still does. But I hope for her sanity she doesn't, because if a "So boring" comment hurts her...

Maybe, instead of reading Social Media comments, she should focus on delivering strong covers and content... Because she actually wants to read what she wants.

Last edited by Creative; 1 Week Ago at 09:18 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, april, casiraghi, charlotte, mario, paris, testino, vogue